Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616049 times)

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4755 on: November 18, 2019, 08:40:09 pm »

I've heard of a DFHack lua script which is able to move necromancer towers. You could try searching around for it on the Modding forum.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: November 20, 2019, 02:28:03 am »

I don’t think fast travel works underground

it can in some circumstances, because it can be used to go from the underground tunnels to the surface and vice-versa, but i'm not sure under which circumstances exactly.  if they're lost anyway, it doesn't cost anything to try :)

ArrowThunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: November 20, 2019, 02:34:25 pm »

Is it possible to retain lordship when retiring? If not, what's the best way to offload your empire before retiring such that you can rebuild it later?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4758 on: November 22, 2019, 12:04:14 pm »

Is it possible to retain lordship when retiring? If not, what's the best way to offload your empire before retiring such that you can rebuild it later?

You generally retain lordship when you retire as long as you have enough heathpeople. (Which prevents insurrections) Just make sure you get rid of other claiments first. Insurrections can happen as part of world activities (https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:World_activities), and so you can lose lordship. But in my experience that doesn't happen all that much.

If you are running around claiming hamlets all over the place without getting hearthpeopel and not killing other claiments that wont end well. (It may even be that you can only actually have one lordship at a time)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 12:10:52 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: November 23, 2019, 06:04:33 pm »

You generally retain lordship when you retire as long as you have enough heathpeople. (Which prevents insurrections) Just make sure you get rid of other claiments first. Insurrections can happen as part of world activities (https://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:World_activities), and so you can lose lordship. But in my experience that doesn't happen all that much.

If you are running around claiming hamlets all over the place without getting hearthpeopel and not killing other claiments that wont end well. (It may even be that you can only actually have one lordship at a time)

How do you determine who other claimants are?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4760 on: November 23, 2019, 07:20:31 pm »

How do you determine who other claimants are?
just ask if othe rgroups have stake on the area and figure out from there. Its a conversation option. Once your group "does not feel challenged at all" you should be mostly good you still need hearthpeople though.
I am an indie game dev!

ArrowThunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: November 25, 2019, 03:12:43 pm »

In my experience, whenever I retire an adventurer who is a lord/lady of a place, they immediately unload the position onto one of their hearthpersons. Granted, I don't think I've retired with a solid claim on an actual settlement, but this at least seems to be the case when retiring as lord of my own camp. I've even recruited former adventurers as hearthpersons, and when I retire you can actually see them briefly get promoted to lord themselves, before handing the position to somebody else.

I don't know if there's some common personality trait my characters have which is preventing them from holding a position or something. Valuing power, having ambition, and wanting to rule the world doesn't seem to prevent the behavior at all.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4762 on: November 25, 2019, 03:27:26 pm »

In my experience, whenever I retire an adventurer who is a lord/lady of a place, they immediately unload the position onto one of their hearthpersons. Granted, I don't think I've retired with a solid claim on an actual settlement, but this at least seems to be the case when retiring as lord of my own camp. I've even recruited former adventurers as hearthpersons, and when I retire you can actually see them briefly get promoted to lord themselves, before handing the position to somebody else.

I don't know if there's some common personality trait my characters have which is preventing them from holding a position or something. Valuing power, having ambition, and wanting to rule the world doesn't seem to prevent the behavior at all.

I havent had that issue, my characters maintained their lordship most of the time.
I am an indie game dev!

9joseph9

• Bay Watcher
  • no poker face whatsoever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: January 22, 2020, 08:39:44 am »

Might be a bug? Maybe you should report it.
It is by my will alone I set my dwarves into motion

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: January 30, 2020, 03:33:31 pm »

How do you use the party tactics mode?
Love, scriver~

Earthbound Modder

• Bay Watcher
  • Sewer Brew Graphical Overhaul Mod, v.50.01 and up
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: January 30, 2020, 06:37:05 pm »

How do you use the party tactics mode?

If I'm correct, you press shift, then e (so 'E'). "Tactical" should appear in the top left-hand corner in green font.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: February 01, 2020, 04:57:50 am »

I just downloaded the latest version, on Mac, and DF just keeps crashing everytime I make a new adventurer. This happen to anybody else?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: February 01, 2020, 05:15:32 am »

I just downloaded the latest version, on Mac, and DF just keeps crashing everytime I make a new adventurer. This happen to anybody else?

is your adventurer an outsider?  there's some discussion in the announcements thread suggesting that outsiders are known to be crashy at the moment

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: February 01, 2020, 05:51:08 am »

That did it, thanks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JPapas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: February 02, 2020, 01:48:04 pm »

My steed is a companion, but not one that is willing to follow me when I fast travel. Normally I would resolve this by talking to the companion and asking them to join me on adventures, but my steed, being a horse, is not so conversational. Any ideas?
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 327