Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616765 times)

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2010, 01:49:10 pm »

Yayyy THANKS :D I got out of the stupid river, yeah I was fine swimming I'm like proficient swimmer now XD
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Aliek

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2010, 10:41:54 pm »

Well, that question is a bit about genesis mod on adventure mode, however I believe it can be called a "little question", and also may apply on other custom races.

The thing is, can you use a race's special abilities on adventurer mode? Say, you get an obsidian dwarf, can you throw fire with him? If so, how? Same goes for those poisonous creatures, mainly lizardfolk.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 06, 2010, 12:03:53 am »

Well, that question is a bit about genesis mod on adventure mode, however I believe it can be called a "little question", and also may apply on other custom races.

The thing is, can you use a race's special abilities on adventurer mode? Say, you get an obsidian dwarf, can you throw fire with him? If so, how? Same goes for those poisonous creatures, mainly lizardfolk.

There is a problem with special abilities like that in adventure mode. If you mod it so your a dragon, no fire breath.
Same goes for obsidian dwarfs. However, for poison, it does work. If you bite someone as a serpentman they will get poisoned if you bite them.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2010, 12:11:49 am »

You cannot throw fire, or spit webs. Anything innate (like clouds of deadly dust) that follows you around will work, and if you have a poison injector, including a bite one, it will work. Also, things like the "Dwarves are immune to fire" glitch also are in effect. Biting is totally valid now. It was before, but you couldn't tell the adventurer to bite. Now you can, and if you have a high level of biting then the AI will pick up that and do it more without you specifying.

Also: DOOM Dwarves now. Not aspid dwarves. Dwarves are not only immune to fire. Their venom? on fire.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2010, 12:27:16 am »

Does what you're wearing on your hand or feet affect damage done by punches and kicks?

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2010, 02:22:06 am »

Does what you're wearing on your hand or feet affect damage done by punches and kicks?
Probably not...only your over all tissue or something. It should though...those iron gauntlets & iron boots just ain't for show! But it may need new damage calculations, workarounds or whatnots...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2010, 11:06:28 am »

and of course, my end of page question is completely forgotten :(

nlp138

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2010, 06:08:19 pm »

Yeah, that works... The 'technical' term is savescumming. :P

Heh - haven't heard the term "savescumming" since my angband days :)

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2010, 06:14:57 pm »

do you need adventurer traps on to trigger pressure plates?
Yes, Pressure Plates are considered a type of Trap.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Vertigon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2010, 08:07:24 pm »

Anyone know of a reliable way to blind themself? I'm trying to play as a Moth Priest.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2010, 08:45:45 pm »

Anyone know of a reliable way to blind themself? I'm trying to play as a Moth Priest.

Would it be possible to retire, find your old adventurer, mangle his eyes, and reclaim?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2010, 03:03:11 am »

If you are ok with genning a new world, you could create a blinding poison, give it to bunnies or something, then go have a bunny bite you.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2010, 05:55:56 am »

Would it be possible to retire, find your old adventurer, mangle his eyes, and reclaim?

Does this even work? I can't seem to gouge people's eyes all the way out, and sometimes it seems like they heal back slowly.

Dumatoin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2010, 05:59:16 am »

How do i buy things with coins ata merchant?

They don't seem to show up in the trade window.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2010, 07:41:31 am »

How do i buy things with coins ata merchant?

They don't seem to show up in the trade window.

The coins of a specific civ are separate from the tradegoods. On the bottom of the trade window it says offered/asked coins, you can change this with the middle row on the keyboard. asdfghjkl - I reccomend asking for all their cash and letting them counteroffer with something, er, fairer.

EDIT: Question! How on earth do you pull out stuckins now? I thought it was a simple interaction in the remove or drop menus, but the stuckin bolts aren't showing up there.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:01:37 am by Flaede »
[/quote]
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 327