Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616898 times)

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2010, 02:53:44 am »

What are the caps for skill levels and how do experience requirements go up after reaching legendary?

I remember in Arena mode I had a very well-armed lasher fighting a bronze colossus for like twenty real-life minutes or longer, and the last time I checked her Fighter skill level said "something/5800". I'm guessing the level wasn't Legendary +29.

Agakdeb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2010, 07:54:41 am »

Stupid pacifist Elves and their love for furry creatures! Or is it the other way around? Anyway, is it possible to attack friendly woodland creatures as an Elf without using Shift+A?

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2010, 05:53:08 pm »

I have a question about layering armor.

The most effective scheme listed on the Wiki is mittens plus gauntlets. So what then of cloth? If you have cloth (perhaps it only works with adamantine as that's the only one I've tried), you can wrap a piece of it around each hand after putting on the mittens and gauntlets. Does this count as an additional level of protection or is it simply decorative in nature?

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2010, 08:11:46 pm »

I have a question about layering armor.

The most effective scheme listed on the Wiki is mittens plus gauntlets. So what then of cloth? If you have cloth (perhaps it only works with adamantine as that's the only one I've tried), you can wrap a piece of it around each hand after putting on the mittens and gauntlets. Does this count as an additional level of protection or is it simply decorative in nature?
Everything counts as additional protection, it's just that non-adamantine cloth is really flimsy.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »

Even if it's flimsy, it's still always better to add that additional layer though, is it not? There's no downside to adding it, is there?

And does jewelry work that way as well then? For example, do earrings offer a bit of protection to the ear?

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2010, 09:27:37 pm »

Question: I got a quest to kill a werewolf by means of "Some animals just get out of control" but the marker is pointing to the town and nothing is there. so I check the quest log and it shows a patch 3x3 just outside of town, so I go there and still find nothing.  I now have 4 different quests with the same thing.. pointing me to a empty location. 

Is this a bug or am I really overlooking something. Cheers

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2010, 11:56:14 pm »

Even if it's flimsy, it's still always better to add that additional layer though, is it not? There's no downside to adding it, is there?

And does jewelry work that way as well then? For example, do earrings offer a bit of protection to the ear?

It gives additional weight (though that would be there even in the pack) and another thing to grab via wrestling.

Of course, I wasn't aware you could wear pieces of cloth in the first place.

Jewelry, I'm quite sure, will never block anything.

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 19, 2010, 12:40:05 am »

What are the caps for skill levels and how do experience requirements go up after reaching legendary?

I remember in Arena mode I had a very well-armed lasher fighting a bronze colossus for like twenty real-life minutes or longer, and the last time I checked her Fighter skill level said "something/5800". I'm guessing the level wasn't Legendary +29.
I think it's uncapped, although eventually you'll reach a point where you're receiving pretty much the maximum benefit (e.g. with 100% block chance and superdwarven in all related stats, leveling shield user would be silly).

My own question: If one wants to raise weapon skill, is there a faster way than just going about killing things?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 01:50:27 am by doomdome »

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 19, 2010, 10:58:31 am »

My own question: If one wants to raise weapon skill, is there a faster way than just going about killing things?

You can set up a macro (ctrl-r to start recording keypresses, ctrl-r to end recording, ctrl-p to play recording) to use your weapon's blunt strike repeatedly on a non-vital body part, and either hope it doesn't pass out from pain (you don't get experience from unconscious enemies) or do it to an enemy that has [NOPAIN], like bogeymen and other night creatures.

I managed to find a unicorn with "untold amounts of fat" at one point, and I got sigged for saying "I became a high master spearman by brutally beating an obese unicorn".  Every shaft bash just bruised the fat, so it never passed out from pain and I kept getting experience.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 19, 2010, 11:22:16 am »

Which button makes you move specifically to a location, such as in a river or get out of a pit or something?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

sirquote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 19, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »

Which button makes you move specifically to a location, such as in a river or get out of a pit or something?

If you can.. just 'Ctrl + T'  or  Die

pick one  :P

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 19, 2010, 08:05:51 pm »

If you can.. just 'Ctrl + T'  or  Die

pick one  :P

ALT+direction lets you move up/down z levels if you are able. Note: this requires 7/7 of water, so if you're in a "pit" you may be screwed.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:03 am »

[...] you don't get experience from unconscious enemies [...]

Really? I've trained up wrestling on unconscious enemies plenty of times before.

Zodel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2010, 12:47:30 pm »

Trying to figure out how to aim for a head using a crossbow.

I cant seem to glaze the information out of the wikia.

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2010, 01:42:52 pm »

[...] you don't get experience from unconscious enemies [...]

Really? I've trained up wrestling on unconscious enemies plenty of times before.

Wrestling might be different, but I know that you don't get any weapon skills for attacking unconscious enemies.  I think you get less wrestling experience too.

Trying to figure out how to aim for a head using a crossbow.

I cant seem to glaze the information out of the wikia.

You can't aim ranged attacks, only melee weapon and wrestling.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 327