Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608336 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 09:33:21 am »

Is there some kind of bestiary file to see detailed characteristics of creatures. Like how strong is average human to average kobold, or the above mentioned thickness of hides of different animals?

Here.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

warwizard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2010, 11:25:25 am »

Well with a pesant character I start off by knapping all the rocks I can carry,
 then throw every one of them, that is some 800 X30 experiance to each of knapping, archery, and throwing.
the key sequense to do this is as folows: g--a when standing over a small rock, repeat the two keys as fast as you can.
Next r--r(or wherever the first rock starts in inventory), this puts the rock into your hands.
repeat this untill all the rocks you picked up are in your hands, then either drop or put your starting weapon or shield away.
to knap them, it's x-- <right arrow> then  <enter><enter><enter>, repeat till you only have one small rock left.
to throw it's t-- then <which ever key is where the sharp rocks start> and <enter>,
bonus if your inventory has the first rock at "t" so it,s t, t, and <enter>
once you've done this you should have increases to strength, agility, willpower, kinestetic and spacial. Your speed should have increased by some 250.

Go sleep in the village, then in the morning press <shift>s and walk everywhere in sneak mode for two days or so.

All this training results in a peasant that can cripple enemies with thrown objects from hiding, then step up and use their wrestling skill to training up wrestling and fighting at the same time, next cripple enemies and practice with your weapon of choice, it takes a lot of swings to train it up so target each finger and each toe, ears, eyes teeth and so on so you get the most training per enemy.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 02:09:51 pm »

Well what I do is before picking up rocks I drop a dagger on the ground, that way whenever I pick up rocks it is g-b, not g-a.
That way I don't accidentally hit announcements.
Is there some kind of bestiary file to see detailed characteristics of creatures. Like how strong is average human to average kobold, or the above mentioned thickness of hides of different animals?
A good thing to go by is the pressure plates section in the wiki. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Pressure_plates
This way you can tell what is bigger than you and how bigger it is to you.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:13:36 pm by Urist McUristy »

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 10:33:06 pm »

When butchering large monsters, they leave lots of heavy body parts. Which parts are most weight-efficient as trade goods? Is it really necessary to haul 200 dragon fat and 400 dragon meat back to the nearest town if I want a reward for my kill?

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 10:44:58 pm »

When butchering large monsters, they leave lots of heavy body parts. Which parts are most weight-efficient as trade goods? Is it really necessary to haul 200 dragon fat and 400 dragon meat back to the nearest town if I want a reward for my kill?

I'm fairly certain all body parts from the same creature all have the same value per unit of mass. Just remember, the bones are worthless.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:02 pm »

You'd think that elephant ivory would be worth alot...

Socharis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »

Better inventory management?

Inventory management seems to be a huge pain in the butt.  Do you have any recommendations to make it easier?  Should I not pick everything under the sun up?  Also, is there a list of the number of head slots, foot slots, etc available for worn equipment?

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 05:29:07 pm »

Better inventory management?

Inventory management seems to be a huge pain in the butt.  Do you have any recommendations to make it easier?  Should I not pick everything under the sun up?  Also, is there a list of the number of head slots, foot slots, etc available for worn equipment?
Yeah, don't pick alot of heavy items up, try to go for valuable things only. You could also make a fort made especially for your adventure to store your unneeded goods, and you keep it outside of a town you go to alot. And I posted a link for armor slots not that far along ago, let me see if I can find it.

EDIT: Here you go. http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Armor
Scroll down til you need it. And reguarding your other post, there is no penalty to wearing several things of armor, except your speed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:30:51 pm by Urist McUristy »

azmodean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 08:16:45 pm »

What is needed to complete a "seek <some name>" quest?  Do you just have to encounter the target?

I had a quest that led me to a fortress, and the quest just went away when I arrived...
I don't think Jesus died from thorns being pushed into his brain. RTFA

inEQUALITY

• Bay Watcher
  • Living On the Mirror's Edge
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 08:34:00 pm »

What is needed to complete a "seek <some name>" quest?  Do you just have to encounter the target?

I had a quest that led me to a fortress, and the quest just went away when I arrived...

It's either that, or talk to them. Probably the former. All those 'quests' do is point you the level of quest-giver you ought be asking after, and at times they'll get you to work for their underlings at the fortress a little first.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
It does no harm to the romance of the sunset to know a little bit about it.
If the magma cannon doesn't count, they aren't proper scientists.

Saposhiente

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2010, 10:06:45 pm »

You don't need to haul their corpse to turn in the quest.
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Fun

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2010, 10:11:09 pm »

You don't need to haul their corpse to turn in the quest.

He doesn't mean completely a quest (which had no reward but reputation), he means making money (dragons are huge and their body parts are worth 15 times normal value).

nlp138

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2010, 04:08:18 am »

So I'm a Professional Wrestler (well, not me but the human I'm playing... seriously, his skills say "Professional Wrestler") and I've got something in my inventory I don't know how to get rid of.  I've got this copper bolt stuck in my chest and I can't figure out how to get rid of it.  Help please?  While it doesn't seem to be causing any longterm problems presently... it IS very awkward when I talk to the Lord about a job.

"Trust me - I'm a professional"

"Uhm... son, you realize you've got a bolt in your chest?"

"Yeah... well... you should see the other guy" and holds up the nose of his latest victim.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:49 am »

Hehe, press 'I', then go down to the bolt in your inventory, (should be in red) select it and choose 'pull it out'! :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nlp138

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2010, 05:08:11 am »

Hehe, press 'I', then go down to the bolt in your inventory, (should be in red) select it and choose 'pull it out'! :)

Whew!  That did the trick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 327