Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608365 times)

nlp138

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 06:16:20 am »

I've got another question... Is there any way to have wounds treated in Adventure mode yet?  My Pro Wrestler (Legendary now) has a busted finger that's gotten infected.  I'm guessing no but just in case I'm missing something I'd sure rather him die in fiery dragon breath rather than a poorly diagnosed and untreated blood infection.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 06:43:05 am »

Hehe, press 'I', then go down to the bolt in your inventory, (should be in red) select it and choose 'pull it out'! :)
Whew!  That did the trick.
*Drops unconscious* He then died of bloodloss minutes later ;D
I've got another question... Is there any way to have wounds treated in Adventure mode yet?  My Pro Wrestler (Legendary now) has a busted finger that's gotten infected.  I'm guessing no but just in case I'm missing something I'd sure rather him die in fiery dragon breath rather than a poorly diagnosed and untreated blood infection.
Unfortunately, currently there is no medical care whatsoever in Adventure mode (the closest we got is a crutch & burning wounds will not cauterize them). If you have a broken/open body part, I think it's probably best to wash yourself off occasionally (through rain or swimming around) cuz' that's nearest thing you can do to clean your wounds until your healing factor (hopefully) kicks in enough.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 10:28:59 am »

Hehe, press 'I', then go down to the bolt in your inventory, (should be in red) select it and choose 'pull it out'! :)
Whew!  That did the trick.
*Drops unconscious* He then died of bloodloss minutes later ;D
Unfortunately, currently there is no medical care whatsoever in Adventure mode (the closest we got is a crutch & burning wounds will not cauterize them). If you have a broken/open body part, I think it's probably best to wash yourself off occasionally (through rain or swimming around) cuz' that's nearest thing you can do to clean your wounds until your healing factor (hopefully) kicks in enough.

If you get an infected wound (say, a torn open ear), you can keep the pus at bay by drinking it. I'm not sure if this helps anything, however.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MASTER_PROGRAMMER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 05:18:30 pm »

Okay, i want to be able to make a sword, that has a non-solid blade, that can cut through anything.

i want to make an energy sword, like the kind that zero from the megaman x games uses.
as i'm making a playable reploid race, including mavericks and maverick hunters

so i need plasma weapons

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2010, 05:39:16 pm »

Okay, i want to be able to make a sword, that has a non-solid blade, that can cut through anything.

i want to make an energy sword, like the kind that zero from the megaman x games uses.
as i'm making a playable reploid race, including mavericks and maverick hunters

so i need plasma weapons

This is not really the place for a modding discussion, but:
I don't think that you can have anything that fancy in held weapons. You can create "natural weapons", ie, weapons that are really bodyparts - those allow for fancier effects, but then can be cut off and don't work the same after that. "Feather" bodyparts pass through everything (or at least, when you attack feathers, you pass through THEM), so a feather podypart that has a ridiculous high standard temp might work. Failing that, you could harvest the bolt-spines of the plasma-beast for thrown "plasma bolts". (see: balor's fire for an explanation of why this is an awesome idea)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

MASTER_PROGRAMMER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »

thanks, and sorry if this wasn't the right place for asking that....i'm still new to this forum.  :(

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2010, 06:08:29 pm »

S'all good.
You might want to check out some of the threads in the Modder section, and if you want to make those "bolts", it apparently all has to do with the Boiling Magma Blood (FYI, bodypart must also be magma safe, or it'll melt and no face-melty throwing weapons for you). :D
[/quote]

dmgpurity

• Bay Watcher
  • Mew! *Boom*
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 09:04:38 pm »

Is it healthy to pull out the 10 bolts in my body? Or should i just leave it there, I tried to pull out one, and I almost died because of bloodlost. On a related question, is leaving objects stuck in my body prone to infections? :-\
My very first adventurer was beaten to death with his own sock.
Dwarf Fortress: Lead socks.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 09:43:47 pm »

Is it healthy to pull out the 10 bolts in my body? Or should i just leave it there, I tried to pull out one, and I almost died because of bloodlost. On a related question, is leaving objects stuck in my body prone to infections? :-\
There's probably a high possibility of infection cuz' the wounds never closes completely. Personally, I'd leave them on you...would definitely make an impression on local lords & bandits (extra points if one is stuck in your mouth or eye).
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 10:56:58 pm »

In my adventures playing .18 I haven't been able to find any dwarves or elfs. I tried reaching the position of a dwarf fort through the caves but I was unable to make it. I only saw trees when I walked through forest retreats

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 11:21:48 pm »

In my adventures playing .18 I haven't been able to find any dwarves or elfs. I tried reaching the position of a dwarf fort through the caves but I was unable to make it. I only saw trees when I walked through forest retreats

All non-human sentient civilization have effectively been removed from the map, and only exist in the form of abstract "phantom populations" which can effect history but Adventurers cannot interact with and those participating in ambushes.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2010, 07:51:51 am »

I just started today on adventure mode, I chose an elf picked a few stats and got on my way, 1 hour later and I'm bored as shit. Read the help menu ingame, didn't help, where do I go? I'm in a forest I have yet to encounter anything except either peasent elfs or guards. Neither of which are fun in anyway. Not even a wild creature to fight :/
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2010, 08:44:15 am »

Okay, figured out a few things :) like travelling with T much faster pahaha. Question though? I owned 3 wolves, but then I managed to get my throat torn out my a cougar, I havn't saved, so I'll just start a new game, but what would I do if I wanted to play from before I got owned, kill DF with task manager and load an old save?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 08:54:18 am »

Yeah, that works... The 'technical' term is savescumming. :P
As long as you've got a save, just close DF with task manager and reload your game. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 09:11:45 am »

i see :P I'm only doing it to get used to a few thigns, I has other questiosn :P like if I killed the people of a town, then go to another town will the other towns guards try to kill me?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 327