Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621806 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2010, 10:36:37 am »

I've modded in a bunch of reactions which use coins, in order to make use of them.
*Hugs*

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2010, 06:06:55 pm »

Why does the throw option in wrestling not do anything? even when throwing and wrestling is at max? or does it do something? (I want to throw my opponent against a wall :p

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 25, 2010, 06:39:25 pm »

Unless there's a huge size/strength difference, throwing'll just knock them down. Perhaps it might move kobolds or children a few tiles, but unless you play as an enormous race you'll find it works the same as a takedown.

vaaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2010, 06:54:30 pm »

okay, :p my first time at modding brings up more questions then I had expected, and this is a great help!!

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 25, 2010, 08:27:15 pm »

Why does the throw option in wrestling not do anything? even when throwing and wrestling is at max? or does it do something? (I want to throw my opponent against a wall :p

Go into the arena, take control of a bronze colossus or giant, and then try throwing.  You'll see how size matters (not an innuendo).

gnodab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 26, 2010, 07:25:05 am »

hi,

i have a question regarding quests.
all of my adventurers seem to die the same way, either i can't find the quest enemy (i can find the "lair" with the help of the "T"ravel function, but most of the time the enemy is nowhere in the indicated area), or i find the enemy hurl a few rocks at him and he runs away and out of sight. in any case i'm doomed to roam the countryside until my resources run out and i starve to death :(
this is especially annoying because my poor laptop is only barely able to run DF and so travelling (or doing anything for that matter) takes ages! that is also the reason i had to abandon my fortress, with an average 15 FPS i sometimes wasn't sure if i had just pressed spacebar or not...

so is there any way to track the baddies?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 26, 2010, 08:16:57 am »

The baddies always sit in their lairs. Also there is no starvation.

You probably play an old version. Then you need a bigger speed (= agility).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

gnodab

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 26, 2010, 08:48:21 am »

Well I was hunting a Dragon and it was certainly flying around outside, i dunno is this a bug?
There was a cave in the indicated area, but the Dragon was never inside it. I made sure with every adventurer. No Dragon only Troglodytes and evil Birds.
I'm also pretty sure I was starving but maybe it was dehydration.
But yes it is an older version, maybe i should try the new one. Does it make it easier to hunt down the (fleeing/hiding) baddies?

lifehole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 26, 2010, 09:27:55 am »

I don't think this is a question for here. but it is probably a very quick one, what is arena mode, and how do I access it?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 26, 2010, 09:31:06 am »

From the main menu. Choose object testing arena.
*Hugs*

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 27, 2010, 01:43:37 am »

Well I was hunting a Dragon and it was certainly flying around outside, i dunno is this a bug?
There was a cave in the indicated area, but the Dragon was never inside it. I made sure with every adventurer. No Dragon only Troglodytes and evil Birds.
I'm also pretty sure I was starving but maybe it was dehydration.
But yes it is an older version, maybe i should try the new one. Does it make it easier to hunt down the (fleeing/hiding) baddies?

He might not be inside it, but he should be in the area. Try checking the Quest menu after you're in the supposed lair site. It often will tell you where they are in relation to you. (usually way at one edge of the zone).
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

MythagoWoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware it's deadly sway!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 27, 2010, 04:41:00 am »

Is it possible to have both a Fortress Mode game and a Adventure Mode game running at the same time on the same world or am I forced to pick one or the other?
My cows are war trainable. BEWARE THE BATTLE CATTLE!

doomdome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 27, 2010, 05:44:20 am »

Is it possible to have both a Fortress Mode game and a Adventure Mode game running at the same time on the same world or am I forced to pick one or the other?
You could always create a copy of the save file, but the games wouldn't be able to affect each other. Or I guess you could alternate between retiring the adventurer, reclaiming the fort, abandoning the fort, reactivating the adventurer, et cetera. But strictly speaking, no. You can only have one game in progress for each save file.

ColonelTEE3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 27, 2010, 06:29:43 pm »

Every town, retreat, or mountain home i go to -- NOTHING is there.

Im currently very drowsy surrounded by bogey men, ive been running for days, i ran to three settlements and it says im in the middle of a mountain home... ive looked all over the god damned field until it says im out of the zone, and theres nothing here!!! Where the hell are the dwarves? Why do these signs that say there are settlements take me to completely undeveloped land!?!
Fikod Rulushzasit Alis Mozir, Mace Lord has grown attached to a fox

leather coat

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 27, 2010, 06:33:41 pm »

Retreats and Mountainhomes are out in this version.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 327