Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621802 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 04, 2011, 02:47:23 pm »

Yes, I do. Ok, I see it's a challeng. Challenge accepted.
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: January 04, 2011, 04:52:39 pm »

If you travel with companions bogeymen won't appear, and if you're a complete badass, you can kill the bogeymen when they attack you.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2011, 12:47:01 am »

If you travel with companions bogeymen won't appear, and if you're a complete badass, you can kill the bogeymen when they attack you.

And if you're in the mountains all night, the bogeymen never appear.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Legionnaire

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:43 pm »

Here's a few;

I try to gouge someone's eyes, and all I can do is tear and break the eyes,  but not fully remove them; what do I need to do? I'm using the wrestle menu AND aiming at the eyes with my teeth/nails.

Is there a way to equip my companions with stuff? I don't like my bowmen running out of arrows or my men being disarmed but alive.

And finnaly, is there a way to aim where you want a thrown/fired projectile to strike?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 05:13:35 pm by Legionnaire »

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »

You can't gouge eyes *out* due to a bug with the embed tag. You still blind the enemy however.
You cannot equip companions.
You cannot aim ranged attacks.
*Hugs*

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: January 06, 2011, 04:42:31 am »

I need some help finding a lair. ive searched everywhere in this square but i dont even know what im looking for its my first time playing adventure
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Live by foma

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: January 06, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

I'm doing pretty well with a current adventurer even though I haven't been doing adventure mode very long, but now I'm kind of stuck on a particular task. I've been instructed to kill the beast Okang Councilflutes. I headed to the task location, as pictured:

...and the beast is nowhere to be found. I've searched everywhere in the vicinity, including the tiny cave to the northeast in the picture. I've been searching for so long that I even forget what kind of creature it is. This is starting to make me angry, is it a glitch or what?

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: January 06, 2011, 04:47:30 pm »

I need some help finding a lair. ive searched everywhere in this square but i dont even know what im looking for its my first time playing adventure

A lair's entrance can either be a trapdoor (c with a line through it), a downward slope, or a passage into the side of a hill.  Your direction indicator in the upper-left corner should point you to the exact location of the entrance.

Note that the direction indicator says which direction the lair is from your position, so if it says SE you need to go to the southeast, which is down and right.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: January 07, 2011, 12:02:10 am »

what skill does stabbing someone with an arrow use?

also, are there any negative effects to leaving things stuck in you (arrows, bolts, daggers corpses) and how would one force an enemy with a weapon stuck in you to drop the weapon (leaving it in you)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:02:30 am by xeivous »

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: January 07, 2011, 08:27:36 am »

You can't gouge eyes *out* due to a bug with the embed tag. You still blind the enemy however.
You cannot equip companions.
You cannot aim ranged attacks.

Unless you use mods or glitches to bodyswap to that companion.

I'm doing pretty well with a current adventurer even though I haven't been doing adventure mode very long, but now I'm kind of stuck on a particular task. I've been instructed to kill the beast Okang Councilflutes. I headed to the task location, as pictured:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...and the beast is nowhere to be found. I've searched everywhere in the vicinity, including the tiny cave to the northeast in the picture. I've been searching for so long that I even forget what kind of creature it is. This is starting to make me angry, is it a glitch or what?

It doesn't look like you checked the entire cave (which is where they pretty much always are now).

what skill does stabbing someone with an arrow use?

also, are there any negative effects to leaving things stuck in you (arrows, bolts, daggers corpses) and how would one force an enemy with a weapon stuck in you to drop the weapon (leaving it in you)

Using ammo as a melee weapon uses the Misc. object user skill.

I'm not sure the actual effects of leaving something stuck in you besides someone else being capable of grabbing then twisting it (which isn't a very big deal in this version, since it for some reason doesn't cause very much pain), but you can try to gain possession of a weapon stuck in you by hitting and selecting the weapon at the bottom of the list (it will be in red).

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: January 07, 2011, 02:29:43 pm »

How do you find a fortress you abandoned?  I've been trying to get to it, but I can't figure out where I am to begin with.

Excedion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: January 07, 2011, 02:30:24 pm »

How do you find a fortress you abandoned?  I've been trying to get to it, but I can't figure out where I am to begin with.
There should be an option to reclaim on the embark screen
If adamantine is perfectly rigid, as shown by having 0 strain at fracture in the raw files, then the speed of sound in the metal approaches the speed of light. Adamantine musical instruments would produce ultrasonic vibrations, and cut off the fingers of the musician.

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: January 07, 2011, 02:50:23 pm »

I meant find it in Adventure mode.  I had some good equipment there I'd like to get.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: January 07, 2011, 02:50:50 pm »

There should be an option to reclaim on the embark screen
1) Launch Fortress mode, select 'R'eclaim, look where it points on the world map.
2) Export legends/map and look at the map using some external tool to find the exact location of your fort.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Drawde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00:45 pm »

So basically there's no easy way to find it within the game.

If you start as "dwarf of (civilization)" which is closest to where your fortress was, do you start within the civilization highlighted on the map?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 327