Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621828 times)

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #795 on: June 30, 2012, 10:29:52 pm »

So I'm wandering around and come across what DF says is a lair.... except for it has a green rock symbol instead of the regular gray one.

Also when I arrive at the exact coordiantes "***", there is absolutely nothing there but grass.

Anyone run into this?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 30, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »

So I'm wandering around and come across what DF says is a lair.... except for it has a green rock symbol instead of the regular gray one.

Also when I arrive at the exact coordiantes "***", there is absolutely nothing there but grass.

Anyone run into this?

Screenshot please, I remember something like this but im not sure.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

TheBlueSteel

• Bay Watcher
  • This user menaces with spikes of sarcasm
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 30, 2012, 10:40:21 pm »

Anyone run into this?

Screenshot please, I remember something like this but im not sure.

Actually figured it out, no worries. It's a Roc's nest. They don't exactly live underground. I'm busy sniping it with masterwork pebbles....

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 01, 2012, 12:15:05 am »

Will bogeymen attack you if you are a vampire?

Since both you and them are night creatures.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 01, 2012, 04:37:14 am »

Will bogeymen attack you if you are a vampire?

Since both you and them are night creatures.

Vampires aren't night creatures, just immortal (undead). Night creatures will attack vampires, zombies, skeletons and mummies won't.

Every area saves stuff, but items usually get scattered. Towns, villages, forts, lairs, towers, tombs and camps prevent scattering.

Camps scatter stuff.  The only one I know doesn't scatter stuff is lairs.
Are you sure about that? If that were true, all the stuff that the bandits collect should be scattered all over the camp, but I think it is always in the same place.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: July 01, 2012, 01:59:56 pm »

I can confirm that lairs don't scatter things. I came back to one at least three times and everything was where I left it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #801 on: July 01, 2012, 02:55:40 pm »

I can confirm that lairs don't scatter things. I came back to one at least three times and everything was where I left it.
Everything above the lair scatters though. Otherwise yeah I agree.

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 01, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »

I can't seem to figure out how to fill my waterskin with delicious lifesaving alcohol. Or water, for that matter.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 02, 2012, 01:26:40 am »

I can't seem to figure out how to fill my waterskin with delicious lifesaving alcohol. Or water, for that matter.
Shift + I > select waterskin > fill with (liquid)

You have to be next to or on top of the liquid you want to fill the waterskin with, of course.

Shift+I interacts with an object in your inventory. If you choose a container from the list, you should be able to fill it with a nearby liquid, such as water or blood.

Waterskins can hold three units of water. Backpacks can carry one-hundred. Just sayin'.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #804 on: July 02, 2012, 01:33:11 am »

Stand next to, or in a liquid source. Hit Shift-I to INTERACT, pick your waterskin from the list and hit Enter.
Then pick from which nearby tile to take water from. (river = good. stagnant = unpotable)

On a related note you use a well by standing next to it and pressing U to raise and lower the bucket. Then go as above to fill you container from the water it brings up.

You can fill your skin with ice and then melt it over a fire with Shift-I
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 06, 2012, 02:36:52 pm »

Every area saves stuff, but items usually get scattered. Towns, villages, forts, lairs, towers, tombs and camps prevent scattering.

Camps scatter stuff.  The only one I know doesn't scatter stuff is lairs.
Are you sure about that? If that were true, all the stuff that the bandits collect should be scattered all over the camp, but I think it is always in the same place.

The stuff bandits collect might not scatter, but dead people's stuff does. I guess I need to test this out.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:02 pm »

Okay, another question. I'm looking for steel/candy gear and I'm assuming they only require a civilization to have access to the base material to produce the items... but I'm not sure abou how world gen impacts this (I assume longer history gives more access to materials). I think the easy way to get what I want is to make world with the desired settings, make a fort, make what I want an adventurer to find, and hide it in a sealed room behind a door linked to a lever. Anything else I could do?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 06, 2012, 03:49:56 pm »

Okay, another question. I'm looking for steel/candy gear and I'm assuming they only require a civilization to have access to the base material to produce the items... but I'm not sure abou how world gen impacts this (I assume longer history gives more access to materials). I think the easy way to get what I want is to make world with the desired settings, make a fort, make what I want an adventurer to find, and hide it in a sealed room behind a door linked to a lever. Anything else I could do?

Lead bins.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:25 pm »

Lead bins.

Or silver and copper.  Or gold.  Pretty much any heavy metal works.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

Friendstrange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 07, 2012, 01:39:53 am »

Ive encountered a bit of a hindrance.
Im trying to figure out what the title of my adventurer is. The thing is, its in dwarfish and I cant seem to find the translation using the raws.
Hi name is
Onol (Grave) Delernum (Steelwinds)
His title is "Eloläs Zithis".

I know I can view his title in english somehow (ive done so with my previous adventuerers) but for whatever reason I can seem to see it with this one.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 327