Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614504 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1875 on: July 11, 2014, 01:46:10 pm »

How do you kill a jungle titan? I can cut him as many times as I want, break his bones and all that, but as soon as he gets me with his webs, he kicks me once and I explode.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 11, 2014, 01:47:01 pm »

How do you kill a jungle titan? I can cut him as many times as I want, break his bones and all that, but as soon as he gets me with his webs, he kicks me once and I explode.
Titans are randomised. If it shoots webs, bring hordes of companions as meatshields.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 11, 2014, 01:54:09 pm »

Titans are randomised. If it shoots webs, bring hordes of companions as meatshields.
The webs aren't the problem, I can already avoid them and get plenty of shots in by attacking from behind. The problem is that none of my attacks seem to hurt him, even the lucky ones that break bones. Evenyually, he gets me, and I savescum.

He has scales, if that matters.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 01:57:07 pm by IronTomato »

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: July 11, 2014, 01:55:27 pm »

The webs aren't the problem, I can already avoid them and get plenty of shots in by attacking from behind. The problem is that none of my attacks seem to hurt him, even the lucky ones that break bones.
Oh. What material is he, and what is the description page for it (you can find it in legends mode IIRC)?

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 11, 2014, 01:59:31 pm »

I edited the last post too late.

He seems to have scales for skin, and also normal muscle if that matters. He moves around carelessly, beware his webs.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: July 11, 2014, 02:00:53 pm »

I edited the last post too late.

He seems to have scales for skin, and also normal muscle if that matters. He moves around carelessly, beware his webs.
Huh. I've killed a black diamond monster in one hit with a lash, if that matters, but I don't know with a fleshy titan.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 11, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »

Is it weird that bandits don't seem to be at all hostile? I feel kind of bad attacking them when I'm the aggressor.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 11, 2014, 08:34:34 pm »

Even nightcreatures don't attack you. (Cross)bowmen seem to be more aggressive for some reason.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: July 11, 2014, 08:37:28 pm »

Hostilities are just weird in this version. Entered a mixed human goblin town. Goblin drunks are chasing a human drunk around. As I follow the freight train, one of the goblin drunks notices me and goes No Quarter. So I kill him. I pass half a dozen other goblins who, while panicking, aren't No Quarter. So I enter a house that happens to have the Warlord in it. He's No Quarter, as are 1 of the 2 other goblins in the room. They die.

I spend the next maybe hour doing hotlaps around the town catching more fleeing goblins. Some goblins are No Quarter on sight. Others are allied until I speak to them. Then the immediately become no quarter.

Meanwhile, most of the humans spit at me when I talk to them, but remain allied. The drunk, who wanders back into town at some point and is greeted by a charnel house, has zero problems with me.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
« Reply #1884 on: July 11, 2014, 08:47:14 pm »

Even nightcreatures don't attack you.

Those are about the only things I find that try to kill me on sight.

Pretty much any non-civilized creature will attack me on sight. Nightcreatures, orgres, titans, FBs, other hostile animals... The only things that seem completely peaceful are humans, elves, dwarves, kobolds and goblins. As well as Vampires and Were-creatures; but that's probably because they're technically "civilized."

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 11, 2014, 09:13:22 pm »

If you start as an outsider, how do you become a hearthperson?

They tell me that I'm not worthy. So I kill a bunch of criminals that they hate ("It was inevitable") and now they tell me there is no room for me here ???
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 11, 2014, 09:16:35 pm »

They tell me that I'm not worthy. So I kill a bunch of criminals that they hate ("It was inevitable") and now they tell me there is no room for me here ???

MAKE room.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Lyeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Guess who isn't back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: July 11, 2014, 09:18:01 pm »

MAKE room.
Kill them.
Kill them all.
Take a closer look at this text!

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: July 11, 2014, 09:53:08 pm »

So, I just claimed a city (The guard didn't seem to care when I went down into the basement and came back out dragging the mutilated corpse of his lady). How do I claim other sites? When I went to claim another town, I could only claim it in the name of a new group, instead of the one I'm already lord of. All the world must come into the fold of The Big Black Society.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: July 11, 2014, 09:54:49 pm »

You can talk to other lords/ladies and demand tribute from them.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 327