Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608328 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1890 on: July 11, 2014, 09:58:28 pm »

Ah, there we go. I was just shouting out to the entire room for dramatic effect.

EDIT: I demanded tribute, the lord refused, I wrestled him to death, and...now I don't have anyone to demand tribute from, so presumably the town isn't under control of my group. If I make him yield, will he accept vassalage?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 10:07:31 pm by ShoesandHats »

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 11, 2014, 10:59:14 pm »

Has anyone actually gotten a lord/lady to accede to a tribute demand?  I've come across already-existing tribute agreements, but haven't been able to make new ones.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 12:06:22 am by snjwffl »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 11, 2014, 11:44:31 pm »

I had a bandit agree to pay tribute once. I forget if I was a lord or a hearthperson. They accepted immediately and I considered my job done.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 12, 2014, 06:16:07 am »

If you start as an outsider, how do you become a hearthperson?

They tell me that I'm not worthy. So I kill a bunch of criminals that they hate ("It was inevitable") and now they tell me there is no room for me here ???

MAKE room.

I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem.

(wow, that sounds horribly deranged if taken out of context...)
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 12, 2014, 06:52:46 am »

Anyone know why we can't fast travel through goblin sites like we can with others? Is this a bug or intended?

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 12, 2014, 07:32:50 am »

Probably because they're hostile to every player civilization. At least in theory.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 12, 2014, 09:54:19 am »

If you start as an outsider, how do you become a hearthperson?

They tell me that I'm not worthy. So I kill a bunch of criminals that they hate ("It was inevitable") and now they tell me there is no room for me here ???

MAKE room.

I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem.

(wow, that sounds horribly deranged if taken out of context...)

You also can't make a claim/create an entity with outsiders ("I have forgotten my bold pronouncement."). It might be related to not having a name to begin with. Try killing a few famous beasts/murderers/squishy nobles in the surround area. Maybe that'll net you enough fame.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread
« Reply #1897 on: July 12, 2014, 10:43:33 am »

I just had a thought... Since spit is a projectile, and water can kill if thrown by a strong enough dude... Could you kill someone by *spitting* on them?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 12, 2014, 11:03:33 am »

I just had a thought... Since spit is a projectile, and water can kill if thrown by a strong enough dude... Could you kill someone by *spitting* on them?
I don't think so; the message is just that you hit them... maybe from a tree?

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 12, 2014, 11:10:04 am »

I don't think so; the message is just that you hit them... maybe from a tree?

I've been trying for a while now. Even in cold biomes (snow all around, water frozen in backpack) it just lands on unconscious enemies harmlessly as a liquid. I really doubt it has any offensive effects/uses.
Even in the arena, with temp set to absolute zero, the spit just hits the target and leaves a coating, no matter the range (well, IF it hits).
In other words, you can't use it to do damage directly. Now, how would you use it indirectly?
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 12, 2014, 11:15:36 am »

In other words, you can't use it to do damage directly. Now, how would you use it indirectly?
How low can you set pressure plates in dwarf mode? (I forget, you can set the weight though, right?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:35:06 am by Alev »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 12, 2014, 11:29:22 am »

How low can you set pressure plates in dwarf mode? (I forget, you can set the weight though, right?)

This is the adventure mode subforum, so wrong place to ask, but I believe if you move the cursor over a plate with 'q' (inspect buildings), then it should give the option to change its settings.
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 12, 2014, 11:36:19 am »

This is the adventure mode subforum, so wrong place to ask, but I believe if you move the cursor over a plate with 'q' (inspect buildings), then it should give the option to change its settings.
(Edited appropriately. I was wondering if you could have pressure plates, so dwarves might hit them when they see someone they hate, acyivating magma, etc.)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 12, 2014, 11:40:31 am »

(Well, you can set them to activate by anything. There's a seperate option to be allowed to activate by citizens. Still, the dwarf won't use it of his own will.)
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Arbinire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 12, 2014, 11:45:54 am »

curious if there's any point to trading?  Since most items you'll be using can be found in tombs/dungeons/off corpses
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 327