Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 621846 times)

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2220 on: August 27, 2014, 09:16:12 pm »

I have a crossbowman companion (useful for things that run faster than I do), should I worry that he may one day run out of bolts?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: August 27, 2014, 09:18:41 pm »

I have a crossbowman companion (useful for things that run faster than I do), should I worry that he may one day run out of bolts?
In old version, yes.  In new version, idk, but likely yes.  Check his inventory.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:17 pm »

Yea, he will eventually resort to clubbing things with his crossbow once his ammo runs out. No-one gets infinite ammo for their ranged weapons.

You may be able to gift him bolts though. I haven't really tried outfitting companions much yet, so I'm not entirely certain if he'll use them effectively or not.

E: Sneaky ninja.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: August 27, 2014, 09:37:20 pm »

Just remember once you gift something to a companion they will not give it back which is pretty dumb because you can trade for his pouch and he will drop everything you trade him that he cant wear so you can just pick it up.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: August 27, 2014, 09:41:56 pm »

You can still trade for it to get it back.

I usually just trade them valuable yet useless stuff such as cut gems when they have something I want. Normally stuff I wouldn't want back.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 09:43:38 pm by BlackFlyme »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: August 27, 2014, 09:43:48 pm »

You can still trade for it to get it back.

I usually just trade them light yet valuable stuff such as cut gems when they have something I want.
A knife in the back doesnt work?

Or wait until they get murdereded?

I understand, however that the point of trade is to prevent such absolute thinking.  I agree that this is like fallout 1 kind of bartering with companions.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: August 27, 2014, 10:17:25 pm »

How do I find those vampire cult things? I've seen some vampires being a priest of something or other, but nothing that remotely resembled a vampire cult.

Nikita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: August 28, 2014, 03:39:57 am »

So uh...

A militia commander sent me to "cause trouble" to "The Unseen Nightmares"
He also gave me the name of a site, "Urnsticks"

After much trouble, I found out that the site was far to the south, so I traveled there (also, dark pits are hell to navigate).

But it turns out that Urnsticks is currently ruled by a different, unrelated group, and the latest news of The Unseen Nightmares is that they captured a whole bunch of human towns to the NORTH of the place I got my quest from.

I'm confused. What am I supposed to do?

Urist McPanzerbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: August 28, 2014, 11:44:46 am »

How exactly can I tell what civ or group somebody belongs to? There doesn't appear to be any conversation option for it.
Hey, you sass that hoopy Urist McDwarf? There's a frood who really knows where his booze is.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: August 28, 2014, 01:24:52 pm »

The only way would be to go to the legends before creating an adventurer, create the xml and world picture file so you can use Legends Viewer on them.

Then when you encounter a NPC you want to know which faction he is from, you can launch Legends Viewer on the side, search for the NPC name and you'll have the faction name.

Very clunky but unfortunately it's the only way i see, as it's something rather important that is lacking from the ingame dialogues.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: August 28, 2014, 04:23:07 pm »

How does one go about finding entrances to sewers?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: August 28, 2014, 04:26:28 pm »

How does one go about finding entrances to sewers?

Unless something has changed since 34.11 (which is actually kinda possible) you go to the keep.  The sewers will be connected to the dungeon under the keep.  Its a HUGE maze down there, and kind of Daggerfally in some places.  You may want to know how to swim, also.

There may be an entrance along any rivers the town encompasses, but it may be grated or too long to swim.  Though I guess if breathing isn't an issue . . .

There may be a connection via the churches, or an entrance from the city streets, but they are usually grated over and we can't as of yet remove constructions.
PKs DF Mod!

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: August 28, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »

Thank you. The first keep I searched under had nothing but empty rooms and some of the town's soldiers. I think this is the exception though, and not the rule.

BenLubar

• Bay Watcher
  • [BODY:HUMANOID_LEGLESS_6ARMS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: August 28, 2014, 07:53:23 pm »

What does "rumored killer" mean in this context? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: August 28, 2014, 08:37:57 pm »

I would imagine that somebody spread rumors about him killing a member of that group/civ. and now they are suspicious of him or don't like him much now.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 327