Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608260 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Threadn
« Reply #2415 on: October 28, 2014, 09:05:11 am »

To be fair, throwing has always been seemingly hit or miss.   As stated above any part should work, however for whatever reason the option doesnt always show up.  idk why.  Theres probably strength and size reasons, perhaps spatial positions too.  w.e.  if you cant you can nove on to limb breaking or strangling.  when I want to throw things I either grab the throat or one side of a joint.  if I dont see the throw option I move on.  :/
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Threadn
« Reply #2416 on: October 28, 2014, 10:08:03 am »

To be fair, throwing has always been seemingly hit or miss.   As stated above any part should work, however for whatever reason the option doesnt always show up.  idk why.  Theres probably strength and size reasons, perhaps spatial positions too.  w.e.  if you cant you can nove on to limb breaking or strangling.  when I want to throw things I either grab the throat or one side of a joint.  if I dont see the throw option I move on.  :/

I usualy go for dislocating arms
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2417 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:58 am »

I'm wondering, is there a non-lethal way to solve any of the pseudo-quests ? getting rid of bandit harrassing in town ? getting rid of the threat from a bandit camp ? taking care of an "army in march" (though with how bugged they are it's more about "taking care of an army sleeping forever in tents" )

Sure you can wrestle their weapon out of their hand and run away, or hit bandits/soldiers until they're unconscious, or in rare case you can make one guy yield and order him to drop a weapon, but from some tests none of those solve any of the pseudo quests as people will still tell you about those being threats.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 28, 2014, 10:28:07 am »

Is the combat still buggy?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 28, 2014, 10:34:00 am »

What do you do if you meet a GCS as your first opponent and you have a steel helm?
Pray to sweet Armok doughter... say goodbye to your god and... Meet your destiny!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 28, 2014, 10:39:36 am »

It's probably multiple bugs in play, on top of the one where quests don't seem to update correctly as far as the death of something or a group no longer harassing someone/someplace.

I actually tried to take care of an army on the march (well, it was a dwarven one and I was trying to reset it), but they still respawned, even after using DFhack to give everybody a lava bath.

It'd be great if Toady One fixed the sleeping army 'problem' (quasi-bug quasi-unfinished-feature). It's possible to stop them sleeping by putting [NO_SLEEP] on the four main races (you could put them on kobolds as well, but it's rarer to see them in 'sleeping beauty army' form, though there isn't a whole lot of interaction and they just stand around, with occasional patrols.

Armies on the march are also apparently composed of civillians.

What do you do if you meet a GCS as your first opponent and you have a steel helm?
Pray to sweet Armok doughter... say goodbye to your god and... Meet your destiny!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can still outrun it, just don't get caught in any webs.

I got lucky once though when my loaded down adventurer was being trailed by a giant toad (or maybe giant olm) when a GCS ambushed me, but went straight for the giant toad instead of me.

Question of my own, how do I get my dwarven adventurer to go into martial trance? I've never had one go into that before.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:41:24 am by smjjames »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 28, 2014, 12:18:55 pm »

Question of my own, how do I get my dwarven adventurer to go into martial trance? I've never had one go into that before.
be outnumbered.  It happens when he (not you, the actual creature) sees multiple hostiles.  It can fade while still facing them.
Its not a 'oh Im fighting three dudes, oh noes *martial trance*'
its ''oh shi~, there's like 8 of them! *dodge like the wind*'!

It automatic, and if you enter it its likely because some real danger exists.  However, a highly skilled warrior  may not even need it.  Also, you have to be alone (no ally in your LOS).
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 28, 2014, 05:09:39 pm »

So, I's got a question: I'm playing as a necro, but I can't seem to raise anything that isn't a kobold corpse/corpse part. I can raise severed parts, but anything else, such as a regular old human corpse, I can't animate. I know you can't raise something that has a pulped head, so I've switched to using slashing/stabbing weapons. However, even then, I can't raise the people I kill with those. Does anyone know what's the problem here, and more importantly, can I fix it?
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 28, 2014, 05:23:19 pm »

So, I's got a question: I'm playing as a necro, but I can't seem to raise anything that isn't a kobold corpse/corpse part. I can raise severed parts, but anything else, such as a regular old human corpse, I can't animate. I know you can't raise something that has a pulped head, so I've switched to using slashing/stabbing weapons. However, even then, I can't raise the people I kill with those. Does anyone know what's the problem here, and more importantly, can I fix it?
For whatver reason the necromancer interaction seems to be weird.  I noticed that too.  I have played a little with a player-made interaction, and its much, much more efficient at raising things.  Maybe you should report it . . .
PKs DF Mod!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 30, 2014, 10:53:24 am »

Anybody have any idea on what is the best way to train up a blunt weapon skill short of making some candy 'training maces' in fort mode or tracking down something that doesn't feel pain? Crushing weapons have a bad habit of breaking bones and causing the 'training dummy' to give into pain, and if I recall correctly KOed targets don't provide training.

I've been targeting the lower body with quick strikes, as that doesn't seem to break any bones, but lower bodies tend to be crushed or exploded after enough abuse, killing the training dummy. Is their another body-part that I can aim at that will allow the target to remain in the fight longer?

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 30, 2014, 11:03:27 am »

Welp tried for a grand-master wrestler and he ended up dieing a horrible death

Got ambushed by 6-9 elves while he was alone
was able to kill one before the rest go him

Outline

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 30, 2014, 08:58:27 pm »

Is there anyway to gather food off the ground? I found some asparagus and I...Kinda am starving.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 31, 2014, 02:36:54 pm »

Is there anyway to gather food off the ground? I found some asparagus and I...Kinda am starving.

You should be able to pick growths. Stand on or near the shrub and try to see if you can pick up anything. Though if there aren't any growths you may have to find something else to eat.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 31, 2014, 05:34:35 pm »

So what happens if I drink the blood or eat the meat of a night creature?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 31, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »

So what happens if I drink the blood or eat the meat of a night creature?
If its a vampire you will turn into one.  If not . . . nothing.

Night creatures usually have gimmicks as to how they multiply.

Boogeymen are like Freddy, and live in your dreams.
Vampires carry it in their blood.
Werebeasts carry it in their fangs.
Night horrors dont usually multiply.  Too busy being scary as sin.
'Random Name' Monsters typically abduct  historical figures they stalk, then torture them into becoming monsters themselves, and then make big families that way.
And necromancers get apprentices.

---

This isnt Final Fantasy Legends :P
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 05:46:50 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 327