Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 620811 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3360 on: February 14, 2016, 01:59:36 pm »

Wait, reaction to make gear? *goes off into another wiki info diving*

Mods are incredibly useful. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3361 on: February 14, 2016, 06:25:34 pm »

Is gaining skill in pick use any different than other weapons? It seems to increase miner skill, but does that work just like, say, swordsman skill, or is it any different because picks aren't primarily for combat?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: February 14, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »

Is gaining skill in pick use any different than other weapons? It seems to increase miner skill, but does that work just like, say, swordsman skill, or is it any different because picks aren't primarily for combat?

The miner skill is used both for the actual act of mining AND for the use of picks as a weapon. So a skilled miner is at least able to fare better than your average fortress-mode civvie if jumped by a cavern beast.

In contrast, axes use the woodcutting skill for cutting trees, and the axe skill for use in combat.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: February 14, 2016, 08:11:22 pm »

It's true; at Legendary skill, a steel pick is as good as a divine weapon and you can knock through anything diggable in 6 ticks. It makes crossing trenches a breeze; you can put ramps wherever you want.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: February 14, 2016, 08:30:08 pm »

Wait, reaction to make gear? *goes off into another wiki info diving*

Mods are incredibly useful. o3o

Aye, true!

EDIT: What I still don't get is how big does that "gigantic with incredible muscles" make you if at all. So I've been trying like crazy to find info on the "gigantic with incredible muscles" personal physical description... nothing to satisfy my need to know the number/body size of my actual character. Dafuq!?

EDIT2: Mwhahaha.. the stuff I've gone over and read I really should just use the test area and make some extra adjustments for my Dingoths because when I initially read "dingo man" I instantly envisioned a muscular, tough, beastly and fierce independent person with digitigrade legs, paws and claws aka something that is about the size of a human or larger.. man I was wrong.

EDIT3: Nevermind, I think I figured it out.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:40:54 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: February 15, 2016, 01:47:58 am »

To what extent do things respawn? I've pretty much determined that zombies in a necromancer tower are infinite if you leave and come back (even if you come right back). It also just happened with a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:50:24 am by Galap »

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: February 15, 2016, 02:24:19 am »

To what extent do things respawn? I've pretty much determined that zombies in a necromancer tower are infinite if you leave and come back (even if you come right back). It also just happened with a

Edit: huh, there was a post edit here by me about me just talking about that I'll create a fresh new world for the next adventure and that I'll have to re-create my female Dingoth character from scratch. In no way IMO was I being.. whatever you think I was being. Good giref, deleting something what I've just said just fuels my rage. Thanks alot.

I confused the threads. My bad.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:13:51 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3367 on: February 15, 2016, 07:07:23 am »

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 07:11:04 am by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: February 15, 2016, 03:55:11 pm »

^

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3369 on: February 16, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »

The population of necro towers is tracked, the population is just really high. So you can kill em all eventually. Vaults are respawning likely for gameplay reasons since guardians are like demons.

You can verify this with legends viewer.

Nothing else except demons "respawn" since df tracks and ticks down populations of everything including wildlife regional populations. Df tracks historical figures and entity populations, but since the game would die if it had the full population in a site it just grabs people from entity populations as needed, this results in something that looks like respawning in some places with high populations like cities and towers but what is really happening is that it just loads up and ticks down "entity populations" so it is possible to kill them all it just takes a lot of leaving and coming back.

This is even harder now since the population is activly simulated as you play now, due to "world activation" so populations can now tick up aswell as down
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:38:39 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: February 16, 2016, 02:32:23 pm »

I have yet to see a Guardian who throws fireballs. That's one of the serious hazards of hell, any random demon type can hit you with them from the edge of your range of vision.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3371 on: February 16, 2016, 02:39:45 pm »

Hope I explained that well enough.
At least that's how it worked in 40.24 toady may have changed how towers work for this version for balance reasons but it's doubtful since he cares more about realism then balance.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:47:32 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: February 16, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

Hey i read somewhere that you could write books in adv mode, how does one go about doing so?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: February 16, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »

Hey i read somewhere that you could write books in adv mode, how does one go about doing so?

It's in the creation/reaction menu (x by default) in the .42.XX versions. You need a blank quire or scroll though, and those are a pain in the ass to find. Reaction mods for making your are are useful as always.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:59 pm »

What do reaction mods do?
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 327