Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615679 times)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3945 on: August 03, 2016, 12:13:48 pm »

I have two questions about claiming sites.

First, what exactly do you need to do to become lord of the claimed site? I went to a goblin dark pits, killed a ton of people, then found a lord, told him I claim the site for myself, killed him and nothing happened. I checked legends mode and some other goblin got appointed lord.

Second, if I pay homage to a king/queen, does that mean that my group and site will be added to their civilization?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3946 on: August 03, 2016, 01:41:58 pm »

Is being unable to fire Blowguns while holding anything but the Blowgun and Darts vanilla behavior? Seems a little weird if you have more than two limbs if so.

If I recall, it works the same for bows and crossbows too. You have to put away your normal weapons and wield the ranged weapon.

I need to test whether it at least works with a shield or buckler. The STUPIDLY slow reload delay makes ranged weapons kinda useless now, even moreso with pain being nerfed.

You can fire while holding a shield or buckler *and* the range weapon. But you won't be able to fire if you're holding 3 items. So keep your missiles in your backpack or quiver.

Simulation-wise, blowgun & shield, or crossbow & shield seem to go together, though bow and shield just seems weird.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3947 on: August 03, 2016, 01:53:38 pm »

I have two questions about claiming sites.

First, what exactly do you need to do to become lord of the claimed site? I went to a goblin dark pits, killed a ton of people, then found a lord, told him I claim the site for myself, killed him and nothing happened. I checked legends mode and some other goblin got appointed lord.

Second, if I pay homage to a king/queen, does that mean that my group and site will be added to their civilization?

You can only claim hamlets and towns. Max has alleged that dark fortresses can be taken over if you're standing in the right area, but I've yet to test this.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3948 on: August 04, 2016, 09:04:13 am »

Is there a way to wake up sleeping people? I came across two children refugees in the middle of nowhere and wanted to help them but they just sleep all the time. If I wait for one hour they wake up but then instantly go back to sleep.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3949 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:29 am »

I think jumping at them would wake them up for enough tics to stop sleeeping and actually talk about something. Of course if you get extremely lucky their head or other crucial body part might split in gore when skidding, so that's a risk you'd have to take.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3950 on: August 04, 2016, 10:32:24 am »

Didn't work for me. They were still asleep while flying and slamming into obstacles. When I tried to talk to them I would only talk to myself (if I asked them about their family, in the "ongoing conversation" I could reply about my own family)

CptAWatts22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3951 on: August 06, 2016, 06:54:21 am »

Do characters value items differently in trade? Can I actually increase wealth through trading?

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #3952 on: August 06, 2016, 06:59:12 pm »

What's the easiest way to declare to NPCs about the monsters you have slain?

It's a bit annoying to filter 'conflict' and then carefully look for "You slew ____ "
It was pretty easy when my only major kills were a single roc and hydra... now I have to spread multiple kills to people who don't know of my exploits.
Is there an easier filter for just things you have slain?
If not, there should definitely be one...

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3953 on: August 06, 2016, 07:59:26 pm »

Not without dfhack. There's a script you can use to add "slew" as a keyword which is great, it also condenses the text layout to single lines.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #3954 on: August 06, 2016, 10:47:43 pm »

Not without dfhack. There's a script you can use to add "slew" as a keyword which is great, it also condenses the text layout to single lines.

Ah, I was hoping it might have gotten easier in the recent updates (I recently came back to DF.)
Cheers.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3955 on: August 08, 2016, 06:38:48 am »

How exactly do you pay your tab at the tavern? Every time I try to give him my money to settle my debt he just says "I'm confused. Did you want something?"
I've tried paying him in stonecrafts but he just takes them as gifts.

Also, will townspeople care if I start murdering all these stray animals? They're really killing my FPS.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 06:55:58 am by Arthropleura »
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3956 on: August 09, 2016, 04:19:09 pm »

How do you deal with a pack of wolves?  My last adventurer was just overwhelmed by those guys!
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3957 on: August 09, 2016, 04:52:01 pm »

Aim for the head or legs to cripple them. Generally you always want to disable any creature's legs while in combat.

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3958 on: August 09, 2016, 08:44:01 pm »

Aim for the head or legs to cripple them. Generally you always want to disable any creature's legs while in combat.

I see.  Cripple it?  I wonder if throwing rocks would work.  I prefer to use a battle axe but once they get that close it can be a problem.
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3959 on: August 09, 2016, 11:11:38 pm »

Hey! I was wondering if you can grab animals/other lifeforms while flying over them, then fly higher and higher and let them fall.
I tried it with wrestling but as soon as i try to fly up i lose the grip. :/
Any suggestions?
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 327