Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614608 times)

carnivorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3960 on: August 10, 2016, 12:42:28 am »

How exactly do you pay your tab at the tavern? Every time I try to give him my money to settle my debt he just says "I'm confused. Did you want something?"
I've tried paying him in stonecrafts but he just takes them as gifts.

Ask to trade with the tavern keeper, then (a)sk for currency - the prompt will read "How much debt will you settle?" instead of the usual. Not sure how it works with actual coins involved, but you can pay your tab using items.

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3961 on: August 10, 2016, 02:16:35 am »

Ask to trade with the tavern keeper, then (a)sk for currency - the prompt will read "How much debt will you settle?" instead of the usual. Not sure how it works with actual coins involved, but you can pay your tab using items.

Thanks. That's not very intuitive way to pay a debt. Now to go get smashed!
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3962 on: August 10, 2016, 10:15:34 am »

How exactly do you pay your tab at the tavern? Every time I try to give him my money to settle my debt he just says "I'm confused. Did you want something?"
I've tried paying him in stonecrafts but he just takes them as gifts.

Better yet, Steal one of his mugs, then give the to him for money
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3963 on: August 11, 2016, 04:36:57 am »

It doesn't work with coins. Well it does, but you have to give them as trade good and they're all given a value of 1. It seems like the system works by giving the tavernkeeper some sort of token coin to keep track of your debt. However, this make it impossible to pay your debt in actual currency because the AI doesn't accept trading money for money. Clearly a placeholder system.
We are currently three turns in, and the main hall is coated in blood, intestines and random corpses. There's a huge pile of 3000 items made of human body parts in a corner and remaining members of the staff of the museum are, as I type this, being slowly choked to death by one of our adventurers.

windre0

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Yes, I'd like a one way ticket to Flavour Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3964 on: August 11, 2016, 08:41:51 pm »

So what is better? a *+copper helm+* or a normal bronze helm?
"What?" ~ Ronald Reagan

Arthropleura

• Bay Watcher
  • Elven Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3965 on: August 11, 2016, 09:25:17 pm »

So what is better? a *+copper helm+* or a normal bronze helm?

I'd go with the bronze helm, the +copper helm+ has a better deflect rate (x1.4) But the Bronze is more resistant to being penetrated.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3966 on: August 11, 2016, 10:22:57 pm »

The shittiest bronze is better than masterwork copper. There really isn't very much difference made by higher quality levels. Material is the most important thing for armor.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3967 on: August 13, 2016, 06:18:22 am »

Didn't Toady say how the "cause trouble for soandso" quests could be completed somewhere?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3968 on: August 13, 2016, 08:29:18 am »

Didn't Toady say how the "cause trouble for soandso" quests could be completed somewhere?

Far as I can tell, "quests" only really exist now if you become a hearthperson or such. Ask your lord/lady for a task and they can send you off to do things.

Mostly you'll be hunting down beasts, night trolls, etc. But I've also been sent to "deal with" people that the civ is at war with, and far as I could tell this task hinges on killing either the civ leader, or whoever counts as war leader. I've also seen a "wipe out this criminal gang" task, but that one proved impossible because the targets literally fucking respawned (or cloned themselves) after I left or waited. That was also the adventure where I had the respawning sheep following me...

Not 100% sure if "bandits are harassing people" is a valid task to be given, but I could've sworn I got that quest at least once.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3969 on: August 13, 2016, 08:36:09 am »

Not 100% sure if "bandits are harassing people" is a valid task to be given, but I could've sworn I got that quest at least once.
Yeah, it is - I've gotten it as well.

I've noticed the same thing regarding the criminals in the catacombs - some count as notable figures, whereas most others would show up as unnotable kills for some reason, and then they'd respawn.

I haven't been able to complete the "cause trouble" quest yet myself (the one where they say you're not at war with a civ but they need to be taught a lesson). Dunno what the exact requirements are for completion.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3970 on: August 13, 2016, 08:40:33 am »

Exactly. I'm gonna eat the next person that insists that enemies never respawn, because that one time it happened was maddening. Okay, MAYBE the haunting herd of sheep was more maddening.

Thing is, I recall that when I got there, at least one criminal had apparently already been killed trying to flee the keep. So I'm unsure if I couldn't complete that task because of the buggy generic criminals, or because I wasn't around to witness the last member I presumably needed to kill.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3971 on: August 13, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »

I had the criminal one go from completed to unfinished when I tried to travel away so I went back down and found one of them respawned, killing them again fixed it.

No clue how to do the cause trouble one though, and yeah I meant specifically the hearthperson ones.

It's rather difficult to figure out what exactly is required, I mean, I've been trying literally everything.

Everything. Up to, and including, turning into a weremoose, biting everydamnbody, turning several of them, killing several, lethal fights, nonlethal fights, pinched the ears and noses off everyone, blinded them, but there's no specific site ruler so maybe that's the problem?

NukeACitrus

• Bay Watcher
  • I stream DF. People watch it. I'm happy.
    • View Profile
    • I'm streaming DF every now and then
« Reply #3972 on: August 15, 2016, 03:11:26 pm »

I got a question for you guys: When I try to use b to build in adventure, the screen goes black and I can only see the text about phases, the different options of what I can build and start work, but most of the screen is black. Am I supposed to be able to place walls exactly how I want them?

I've searched high and low on wiki, can't find anything.

EDIT:

Found this: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159781.0

Works now! :D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 04:33:47 pm by NukeACitrus »
"I managed to escape but my limbs are chopped off. Now what?" - DF wiki.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3973 on: August 16, 2016, 10:58:59 am »

Does blocking with a shield damage a shield, or am I hitting people with it when I auto-attack? I've got a XX*feather wood shield*XX.

Malakor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3974 on: August 16, 2016, 12:54:32 pm »

Does blocking with a shield damage a shield, or am I hitting people with it when I auto-attack? I've got a XX*feather wood shield*XX.

Armor and shields now wear off(XXArmor/shieldXX) when damaged, dunno about weapons when you parry though.
I would suggest to always carry a seperate set of weapon and shield with you. (And armor, if not too heavy)
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 327