Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615712 times)

newtonsolo313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4245 on: April 24, 2017, 06:42:59 pm »

I have a player made fort with 28 dorfs and I can start adventurers there. It has a Duke and a tavern if that makes a difference. It also gets attacked in legends mode.

I did unrigorous tests in arena mode, with unskilled dwarfs fighting with copper knives. leather clothes protect better than cloth. Silk also seems to protect about the same as leather. I run minimalist forts so I took it as an opportunity to eliminate the whole clothing industry after making a bunch of silk socks.

For taking over a hamlet I accidently almost did this in a hillocks. The whole place was full of corpses and mostly hostile armed and armored goblins. Naturally I killed everyone but a random goblin baby and the actual mayor who was a dwarf hostile but fled. I later checked legends mode and it called my purge a failed insurrection 'after the insurrecting population fled'. Either because I failed to kill the mayor or that baby. I was under the impression the place was under occupation or seized by the goblin civ but it was a dwarf civ that was randomly hostile.
The silk thing makes sense, in its raw form silk acts like Kevlar but for arrows

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: April 25, 2017, 09:04:19 am »

I have a quest to drive "skulking vermin" out of a town, but all I see is a group of huddled humans? Can humans be vermin or is that strictly a group of kobolds that I'm looking for? The entire town is abandoned save for the group huddle.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: April 25, 2017, 11:13:01 am »

I have a quest to drive "skulking vermin" out of a town, but all I see is a group of huddled humans? Can humans be vermin or is that strictly a group of kobolds that I'm looking for? The entire town is abandoned save for the group huddle.

Check their clothing. Is it nothing but tunics and loincloths? And do any have weird gibberish names instead of the in-game human language?

If so, kill them all. Sometimes non-kobolds wind up joining kobold civs, rarely.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: April 25, 2017, 11:15:14 am »

I'll check that out, thanks.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: April 25, 2017, 11:31:17 am »

Can also ask them about who rules there, if they don't say who's chieftain, ringleader, warlord etc, you have a problem. 3:
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: April 25, 2017, 11:33:28 am »

Hmmm they all mention the ruler I'm apparently supposed to kill but none of them know anything about them. And they seem to be wearing very random things, a lot of rope reed, loincloths, and different types of leather (including dog leather). And also whenever I mention the rumor of the presence in the town they say "it is terrifying". BUT - they also claim there are no troubles when I inquire. So I am highly confused. Oh snap nevermind I just found a kobold hiding in an abandoned house. Found a few more sleeping, this has gotta be it.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 11:40:49 am by gnome »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: April 25, 2017, 11:41:24 am »

Rope reed is automatically diagnostic of them being either human or elven in origin, yeah.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: April 25, 2017, 11:53:56 am »

Good to know. Aaannnnd shit. The next mission my lord sent me to accomplish is at an inaccessible location. Nevermind he's full of shit it's like four tiles over across a little river.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: April 25, 2017, 12:26:57 pm »

Good to know. Aaannnnd shit. The next mission my lord sent me to accomplish is at an inaccessible location. Nevermind he's full of shit it's like four tiles over across a little river.

Ahahah. Nice one. Meanwhile I'm hoping I don't encounter the "respawning criminals" thing.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: April 25, 2017, 01:56:04 pm »

Is wood currently the only material you can build with in AM?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: April 25, 2017, 02:01:19 pm »

Yes, sadly. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

triskaideka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: April 25, 2017, 02:21:21 pm »

Yes, sadly. ;w;

Guess the obsidian tower will have to wait then.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:54 pm »

Is there...a sane reason why the reptile man hamlet has a human bard and a goblin ranger, both dressed in the proper native attire, attacking me and my fellow lizards? ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: April 25, 2017, 08:59:53 pm »

Why do you even hope for a sane reason for anything in dwarf fortress?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: April 26, 2017, 06:58:04 am »

What does it mean if a human child is flashing with pink quotation marks? They are awake while the rest of the population is asleep, I accused them of being a night creature but to no avail.

Also there realllly needs to be a proper way to ask about criminal organizations and groups and such. I'm looking to drive either a group or a person titled "The Cave of Spots" from a hamlet but I don't know how to find them or ask about them
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:47:48 am by gnome »
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 327