Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615735 times)

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4440 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:29 pm »

When you go into the trade menu, press "a" then the amount that you want to settle - then you have to give them objects that are of equal or greater value. For example the mug they just gave you.

Yes, I know that but I want to pay them in the coins I have and the coins don't show up in that trade screen.   :-\
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: October 20, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »

When you go into the trade menu, press "a" then the amount that you want to settle - then you have to give them objects that are of equal or greater value. For example the mug they just gave you.
Yes, I know that but I want to pay them in the coins I have and the coins don't show up in that trade screen.   :-\
Are the coins from the same civ?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4442 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:22 am »

I don't think you can use coins at all even if they belong to the same civ, you have to use some other trade good.

Greed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: October 21, 2017, 09:26:51 am »

Okat guys,good day to u and so on.Dont ya know any good way to fast train climbing?

Greed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: October 21, 2017, 09:45:57 am »

And another one question,do the broadness and tallness tokens works on humans,so they can wielde a two-handed weapon with one hand?

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: October 21, 2017, 12:43:09 pm »

Are the coins from the same civ?

Yes.  I got them in the very same city.

And I know you can buy in coins I have done it before - I just forgot the which buttons to push in which order to make it happen.   :(
The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4446 on: October 30, 2017, 01:11:09 pm »

And another one question,do the broadness and tallness tokens works on humans,so they can wielde a two-handed weapon with one hand?

Yes it should, tokens are pretty general.In fact i think ive gotten a human that big before.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: October 30, 2017, 02:25:26 pm »

Yes it should, tokens are pretty general.In fact i think ive gotten a human that big before.

Actually, tallness and broadness modifiers aren't taken into account when deciding whether a creature should be able to wield a weapon (and whether it can hold it one-handed or two-handed), which is a known bug.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Grimm Spector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: October 30, 2017, 10:35:13 pm »

Finally after spamming "build" in advfort on wood furnaces till one finally finished building instead of getting stuck on the last step i.e. (1) tick remaining...I can't use it. It STILL doesn't have the "USE WORKSHOP (TAB)" text in the overlay, and pressing tab while in it does nothing...so I can't use it to DO anything...it doesn't show up when hitting "u" to use an item, or when trying to use wood in a complex interaction...is this just been left like this? Is it really as incomplete and buggy as I've been experiencing where you can't actually DO anything properly with it?

Please help, I am so frustrated with it!

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: November 18, 2017, 07:52:26 pm »

Finally after spamming "build" in advfort on wood furnaces till one finally finished building instead of getting stuck on the last step i.e. (1) tick remaining...I can't use it. It STILL doesn't have the "USE WORKSHOP (TAB)" text in the overlay, and pressing tab while in it does nothing...so I can't use it to DO anything...it doesn't show up when hitting "u" to use an item, or when trying to use wood in a complex interaction...is this just been left like this? Is it really as incomplete and buggy as I've been experiencing where you can't actually DO anything properly with it?

Please help, I am so frustrated with it!
I realize this is a late reply. I'm not familiar with advfort, but there were significant adventure mode building changes in 0.43, so those could have broken advfort features that were working before 0.43 (assuming you're using 0.43, that is). I would recommend getting Warmist's attention in this thread, but it looks like you've been there too.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: November 19, 2017, 04:12:02 pm »

Are adventurers created ex nihilo like embark dwarves, or are their consciousness dropped into already-existing same-race historical figures?

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: November 19, 2017, 04:20:47 pm »

Are adventurers created ex nihilo like embark dwarves, or are their consciousness dropped into already-existing same-race historical figures?

They pretty much come straight out of the aether.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

mradam5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: November 19, 2017, 04:29:06 pm »

if you learn a secret can you write it down so others can learn it?

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: November 19, 2017, 05:24:50 pm »

Yes.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: November 20, 2017, 05:45:11 pm »

if you learn a secret can you write it down so others can learn it?
Write manuals and the secret may show up.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 327