Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608322 times)

Aydjile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4560 on: August 03, 2018, 12:03:21 pm »

is it possible to claim a tomb? and if yes, how?
Reality exists is only in our imagination.

Мой канал о жизни крепостей из Дварф Фортресс - https://www.youtube.com/user/Aydjile

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4561 on: August 10, 2018, 04:48:36 am »

Are adventure mode armies fixed yet?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: August 20, 2018, 07:00:09 pm »

Does claiming sites have any... interesting effects now? Haven't played for a while
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: August 26, 2018, 03:15:00 pm »

Hi!

I just started playing in adventure mode yesterday, and I encountered a strange problem. Sometimes I can't put stuff in my backpack, when I hit 'p' and select the item I wish to put in my backpack i have a message "You don't have a suitable container", even though I know I can put it there, since this also happens to items that I just removed from my backpack.
I figured out a workaround yesterday, by dropping the item, then picking it up, it goes straight to the backpack.
But today, both are impossible. I removed an item for my backpack, got it in my left hand. Hit 'p' and "You don't have a suitable container", so I dropped it and picked it up again (with 'g') and the item is back in my left hand.

How do I put it back in my backpack where it belongs?

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 03:47:50 pm by Gilead »

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: August 26, 2018, 06:21:05 pm »

Hi!

I just started playing in adventure mode yesterday, and I encountered a strange problem. Sometimes I can't put stuff in my backpack, when I hit 'p' and select the item I wish to put in my backpack i have a message "You don't have a suitable container", even though I know I can put it there, since this also happens to items that I just removed from my backpack.
I figured out a workaround yesterday, by dropping the item, then picking it up, it goes straight to the backpack.
But today, both are impossible. I removed an item for my backpack, got it in my left hand. Hit 'p' and "You don't have a suitable container", so I dropped it and picked it up again (with 'g') and the item is back in my left hand.

How do I put it back in my backpack where it belongs?

Thanks in advance.
The backpack has a size and can technically only hold so much stuff. However there is a bug where if both hands (or all grasping appendages) are full the game will put the item in the backpack even if it is full.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: August 26, 2018, 06:28:06 pm »

Thank you!
Can I wear multiple backpacks to increase how much items I can carry? (if I don't want to use the bug)

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4566 on: August 26, 2018, 06:36:20 pm »

Can I wear multiple backpacks to increase how much items I can carry? (if I don't want to use the bug)
Yes, though they can be hard to find. I'm pretty sure there is also a limit to how many you can wear.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: August 26, 2018, 06:43:50 pm »

Ok, thank you for your help.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4568 on: August 26, 2018, 09:23:10 pm »

Does claiming sites have any... interesting effects now? Haven't played for a while
hmmmm?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: August 27, 2018, 02:58:34 pm »

Hi! It's me again.

New question, DFHack just told me that I was dehydrated. But in the 'z' menu, it says nothing about hunger or thirst! Where can I see if my character is hungry/thirsty? It only says "focused" where the hunger/thirst should be displayed.

Thanks.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4570 on: August 27, 2018, 05:44:57 pm »

You don't need to enter a specific menu. If you become thirsty, it will say so in blue letters at the bottom of the playscreen. Hunger is brown.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Gilead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4571 on: August 27, 2018, 05:52:50 pm »

It says "focused" at the bottom, not hungry, not thirsty. Is DFHack making a mistake when telling me that I am dehydrated?

EDIT: I fast traveled a while. Now it says hungry and thirsty. I guess DFHack was wrong.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:11:00 pm by Gilead »

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: August 30, 2018, 10:07:26 am »

I just built my first camp in adventure mode, but whenever I pass time by building or traveling the books and artifacts I have in containers and pedestals tend to get strewn about on the ground outside my hut. Interestingly it seems like the only ones that do this are all from the same collection of items I found all just lying on the ground all over the place about 30 feet from a fortress. The collection includes like seven books, an artifact mug and an artifact copper crossbow. First, why are all these artifacts (books do count as artifacts too after all) just lying around on the hillside, and second, why are the leaving my house?

Edit: On closer inspection I found even more artifacts near that fortress, a dwarf bone armor stand, a human-fitted dress, and a couple more books

Edit 2: I ended up hearing a rumor that the dress was wanted back in the fortress, though interestingly it was said to be last held by some rando. I wonder if that means it was stolen from the fort, but for some reason dropped right outside the fort, and dwarves aren't smart enough to grab it from 20 feet away.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 11:02:17 am by Mort Stroodle »

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4573 on: September 02, 2018, 02:38:13 am »

Nothing else is scattered? Strange, that sounds like items not in a lair, but that would scatter all items, not specific items from a list. If you have DFHack, can you try setting the site to be a lair and trying to reproduce the bug?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4574 on: September 15, 2018, 01:29:54 pm »

How do I sell goods? I have an item I light up for trade, and [a]sk for currency. Then I press "t" and the merchant is like "yeah just tell me what you want". I get the implication is to barter but I just want money!
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 327