Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608265 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4845 on: April 06, 2020, 03:33:28 am »

In my world, the slab had been stolen by a kobold and moved to the entrance of a nearby kobold cave. There were no kobolds left inside, just a single necromancer wandering around.

Not sure if the necromancers wiped them out in retaliation for the theft, or if they just wanted to conquer a nearby site.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Mackerel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4846 on: April 06, 2020, 10:37:09 am »

I've become an expert bone carver, and have produced quite a few masterpiece rings.  I have left rings of lower quality scattered all over the land, and have given away some of the finer ones.  I don't know if that actually creates good will.  I have used them as trade goods to barter for some pieces of equipment.  (I still haven't found a caravan that I can trade with, though.)

Is there any use for horns or skulls?  Or skins, for that matter?

I've discovered that I can fill my waterskin with beer, so that I can have a sip from time to time to help my focus.  But where does a person get a good meal?  Just eating prepared lion kidney doesn't seem to do it.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4847 on: April 06, 2020, 01:17:39 pm »

Unfortunately, a decent meal is a prepared meal containing an ingredient your character likes to consume... but adventurers don't have such preferences. The needs system is left wanting in places to say the least.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4848 on: April 06, 2020, 06:18:43 pm »

During setup of adventure, you can design all attributes of your Dwarf.
I designed these attributes once, that simple smash of 2 stones, made my Dwarf super focused for 2 days. He had no other needs. :D

Mogui

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4849 on: April 27, 2020, 05:04:43 am »

Hello,

I have question regarding quest

I started a talk with one of my dwarf(i created a group of 5 dwarfs), asking about problem. He tolde me "A force of evil has arisen in the world. Callfigure is in the The Sable Steppes. Seek this place if you hunt Sibrek Lessonroughness the eye of rovod administrator"
Eye of rovod are necromancian experiment from dwarf.

But, when i arrived in Callfigure(a dwarfhill from my civilisation) i find the Sibrek in a building and nothing happen. He hang around others local dwarfs,  he is a administrator.

He seems not very "evil" to me and i'm afraid that killing in front of every one will create me problem.

Is it normal ? What happend ? 

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4850 on: April 27, 2020, 05:29:43 am »

DF's concept of evil is quite nuanced. Check if this guy used to be a bandit or so.

I had one adventurer who was sent out to kill a vampire in the neighbouring (same-civ) village. As the vampire was member of that village, the villagers didn't appreciate me doing that (got murderer rep), but the questgiver was very happy with what I did. Now, probably the fact this guy was a vampire should be enough to make the villagers feel his death was warranted, but right now that doesn't really happen in the check, making for some very surprising night creature hunting.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4851 on: April 27, 2020, 08:44:01 am »

Yeah, basically you've been hired as a hitman. He wants you to murder something. To his defense, the "something" is different and probably looks odd.
How does it feel to be the hero?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4852 on: April 27, 2020, 10:18:14 pm »

DF's concept of evil is quite nuanced. Check if this guy used to be a bandit or so.

I had one adventurer who was sent out to kill a vampire in the neighbouring (same-civ) village. As the vampire was member of that village, the villagers didn't appreciate me doing that (got murderer rep), but the questgiver was very happy with what I did. Now, probably the fact this guy was a vampire should be enough to make the villagers feel his death was warranted, but right now that doesn't really happen in the check, making for some very surprising night creature hunting.

Did you accuse him of being a night creature first?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4853 on: April 28, 2020, 12:46:55 am »

Did you accuse him of being a night creature first?

That seems to be glitched in current versions. The vampire will reveal himself as one, but aside from spitting on you and telling you that he hates you, he won't do anything. Neither will the peasants around.
IIRC you have to spread the rumor of the vampire to the peasants so they know why they should actually dislike their murdering blood-sucking neighbor, as the peasants have little knowledge of any events themselves.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #4854 on: April 28, 2020, 07:19:33 am »

Which I tried to do, but it turned out one of my companions was from that hamlet, and he just ran around yelling 'I saw so-and-so kill out good friend smithy!', and so noone was terribly interested in learning smithy was a vampire after that.

BandaTalk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4855 on: December 04, 2020, 03:33:35 pm »

How do you cut down a tree in adventure mode?  I can't seem to find the keybinding anywhere. 
Currently adventuring with the human Lady Indiana Blacktree, her gorlak squire Forrest Greenbow, her faithful steed Musk, her loyal raven Soot, and her feline friend Fig, as together they bring worldwide glory and fame to Bigbear Camp!

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4856 on: December 04, 2020, 05:58:42 pm »

iirc if you have an axe in your hand while standing next to a tree trunk, then chopping down the tree will be one of the [g]et options

BandaTalk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4857 on: December 04, 2020, 06:16:44 pm »

iirc if you have an axe in your hand while standing next to a tree trunk, then chopping down the tree will be one of the [g]et options
Thank you!  My problem was that I was holding other things in my hands, while my axe was strapped to my back. 
Currently adventuring with the human Lady Indiana Blacktree, her gorlak squire Forrest Greenbow, her faithful steed Musk, her loyal raven Soot, and her feline friend Fig, as together they bring worldwide glory and fame to Bigbear Camp!

catnapcat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4858 on: December 07, 2020, 01:49:48 pm »

Is there a way to mod the points you use for equipment and pets? It's really nice that equipment your characters start with is equipment that fits them, and I wanted to give my elephant man some masterful adamantine armor.

In the same vein, does anyone know whether it's possible to make artifacts using stuff like dfhack, or if it's only possible by making dwarves do it in fortress mode first?

Lastly, how would one go about giving a race the inherent powers undead lieutenants have?

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4859 on: December 14, 2020, 12:06:56 pm »

Sigh, Legends Viewer says an artifact I'm looking for is in a Forest Retreat...  In a mead hall.  But I cannot find that mead hall anywhere; it's not visible on the map, and (I'm playing a dragonfly man) I flew around and looked at all the tree houses in the forest retreat, none of them have the name of the mead hall.  I really don't know where to look...  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this a bug and the mead hall doesn't exist?
Pages: 1 ... 322 323 [324] 325 326 327