Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608312 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4860 on: December 15, 2020, 03:01:41 am »

Sigh, Legends Viewer says an artifact I'm looking for is in a Forest Retreat...  In a mead hall.  But I cannot find that mead hall anywhere; it's not visible on the map, and (I'm playing a dragonfly man) I flew around and looked at all the tree houses in the forest retreat, none of them have the name of the mead hall.  I really don't know where to look...  Am I doing something wrong?  Or is this a bug and the mead hall doesn't exist?
Probably a bug, I'd think. Dark pits sites have a similar thing going on where legends will list them as having taverns, libraries and the like even though they don't exist in gameplay.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: December 15, 2020, 10:55:10 pm »

i think i've seen an elven mead hall or tavern or something before?  iirc it was like a large (20x20 or so) raised platform on the ground, surrounded by ramps to get up.  not up a tree!

since you can fly, i would maybe fly around looking for a large clearing in the trees?

madpathmoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: December 16, 2020, 04:44:35 am »

i think i've seen an elven mead hall or tavern or something before?  iirc it was like a large (20x20 or so) raised platform on the ground, surrounded by ramps to get up.  not up a tree!

since you can fly, i would maybe fly around looking for a large clearing in the trees?

I flew above and beneath every (named) tree visible on the map, and found nothing and nobody.  The mead hall has a slab in it, so it was upsetting as the only other source of the secrets had been "lost", so in the end I just deleted the world and character.  I'm pretty confident it was a bug, though it always feels so hard to separate bugs from all the janky, unexplained game mechanics and world-generation rules.   I should really just not play adventure mode for like four years, come back after the next major release, but I keep wanting to find anything satisfying to do in it and failing.  Oh well.

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: February 02, 2021, 08:20:59 am »

Been a while since I played: is there a way to destroy necromancer towers in Adventure Mode?

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: February 20, 2021, 05:04:29 pm »

does the tactical mode not work properly when everyone's mounted?  when my (2 person) party are on foot and leading their mounts, tactical mode cycles through and gives them each a turn once they have movement available, as i would expect

but when they're both mounted, the first character gets one turn, then the second one gets to just move freely, can literally run rings around them and it never cycles back to the first character unless i hit [tab] manually?

their movement speeds are different but the disparity isn't this radical

HammerofBael

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: March 29, 2021, 07:15:04 am »

I've heard before that the personalities of civilizations leaders have a large effect on how aggressive that civ is and how likely they are to attack their neighbors. This got met thinking; if I create an adventurer that hates peace, loves power, and possesses a bunch of other similar qualities and then manage to make them a monarch of a civ, will that civ start trying to conquer the world? Could I take control of the worlds most powerful civ and plunge the world into chaos? I imagine this would all take place after I retire the adventurer and start a fort to pass the time.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 07:17:21 am by HammerofBael »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: March 29, 2021, 06:25:51 pm »

I've heard before that the personalities of civilizations leaders have a large effect on how aggressive that civ is and how likely they are to attack their neighbors. This got met thinking; if I create an adventurer that hates peace, loves power, and possesses a bunch of other similar qualities and then manage to make them a monarch of a civ, will that civ start trying to conquer the world? Could I take control of the worlds most powerful civ and plunge the world into chaos? I imagine this would all take place after I retire the adventurer and start a fort to pass the time.
I haven't heard anything about it, but wars are usually pretty tame post-worldgen. Go ahead and try it I guess.

Ihtomyt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: June 25, 2021, 06:04:59 am »

Is there a way to prevent companions from just vanishing for no reason when "waiting here"? I ask, because another question I want to ask is whether there is a way to prevent companions from being crushed to death by falling logs when felling a tree other than telling them to wait somewhere? I felled a tree and it crushed my mount. So I had a second mount, which I told to wait nearby, and then it disappeared forever. Looked everywhere in the site, not dead, not anywhere. Luckily this is just a game I'm doing for my own !!Science!! and learning, so not too bummed out, but that is really frustrating and would ruin a "real" game quite a lot.

rake2005

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 19, 2021, 03:06:32 am »

Is there a way to prevent companions from just vanishing for no reason when "waiting here"? I ask, because another question I want to ask is whether there is a way to prevent companions from being crushed to death by falling logs when felling a tree other than telling them to wait somewhere? I felled a tree and it crushed my mount. So I had a second mount, which I told to wait nearby, and then it disappeared forever. Looked everywhere in the site, not dead, not anywhere. Luckily this is just a game I'm doing for my own !!Science!! and learning, so not too bummed out, but that is really frustrating and would ruin a "real" game quite a lot.

Usually, I just leave mine in a camp, and that works. Also depends on trust and loyalty iirc.

Zapitron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 26, 2021, 04:04:33 pm »

Unfortunately, a decent meal is a prepared meal containing an ingredient your character likes to consume... but adventurers don't have such preferences. The needs system is left wanting in places to say the least.
I recently discovered a high-value meal can be focusing. I ate everything, looking for something that would satisfy me, but nothing served .. until I killed and butchered a hydra. A pound of that meat focuses me, and somehow I doubt my adventurer just happens to secretly prefer hydras. And whaddya know: the wiki says hydra meat has 10x value.

So, people looking for a satisfying meal: try eating the meat from something fantastic.
"They killed our last caravan?  That's it, I've had it.  Instead of arming those hostile dwarves with our exquisite wooden swords, let's see the disappointed look on their faces when all we offer them are our useless tamed grizzly bears."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 26, 2021, 09:14:05 pm »

I recently discovered a high-value meal can be focusing. I ate everything, looking for something that would satisfy me, but nothing served .. until I killed and butchered a hydra. A pound of that meat focuses me, and somehow I doubt my adventurer just happens to secretly prefer hydras. And whaddya know: the wiki says hydra meat has 10x value.

So, people looking for a satisfying meal: try eating the meat from something fantastic.
I'm fairly certain that this was added in the last version. Now, that was like 8 months ago, but not everyone may have noticed such a small change.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: October 23, 2021, 02:59:52 am »

Can I make pools of blood into 7/7 units of blood?
How do I get pools of blood?
I need a pool of blood but. Not a pool of blood not a smear a smattering a drop.
I need pools of blood ok.
What I'm trying to say is, I need 20 by 5 pool, 7/7 human blood pools of blood. Preferably vampire pool blood but in this economy I'm happy with a pool or two of blood soaked pool.
How's a man to get a pool or two of blood around here?!
Minecarts?
I can pour barrels and buckets of blood and it will eventually become 1/7 human blood right?
What about lava can I carry some and use as weapons? Hmmm nah I would have seen it before.
I'm going off track.
I need 7/7 pools of blood.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: October 23, 2021, 08:55:43 am »

Sadly, only water and lava can become liquid pools. The best you're going to be able to do is a pool of water with blood in it.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4873 on: October 23, 2021, 09:32:34 am »

I suspect it's one of the things the map rewrite will fix. Rivers of blood for hellish dimensions are a must.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: October 26, 2021, 10:38:23 pm »

I suspect it's one of the things the map rewrite will fix. Rivers of blood for hellish dimensions are a must.

If I remember right - Toady is just unsure of what to do when fluids mix. What do you do with 2/7 salt water, 3/7 fresh water, and 2/7 plump helmet wine?
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327