Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608254 times)

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4875 on: October 27, 2021, 11:38:45 pm »

What do you do with 2/7 salt water, 3/7 fresh water, and 2/7 plump helmet wine?

masterful plump helmet wine roast

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: October 28, 2021, 12:37:58 am »

Finely minced plump helmet wine, finely minced fresh water, and finely minced salt water.

DwarfUli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: December 11, 2021, 08:48:44 pm »

Hello, I am new to adventurer mode. I played around a bit with it and it seems amazing. Couple questions I have:

1) I created a world, I entered Legends mode and read about places, artifacts and persons. Can I visit all those places in Adventurer Mode? Can you access all of the map/cities? So if I see that an artifact is kept in some far away place, can I go there and see it?

2) If legends mode tells me an NPC is still alive, can I find this NPC on the map and actual interact with it? (fight? talk? etc.)

3) If legends mode tells me someone is carrying an artifact. Can I find this npc in adventurer mode, and through combat or some way, take the artifact?

4) I read on here that people can create adventurer characters that are more like scholars who write about the world as they discover it. Is this RP or can I create a character in Adventurer mode, write codices about the world, instead of fight monsters etc.

5) If I create a character in adventurer mode, and write codices, are those updated in Legends mode? So do things I do in adventurer mode, actually update in Legends Mode?

./bow Thank you, there is so much to this game, it can get overwhelming.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: December 11, 2021, 10:50:38 pm »

Yes to all of your questions! Though writing books about things will require you to find some quires, either supplied by one of your fortresses or a worldgen library.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: December 17, 2021, 01:52:05 pm »

Hello, I am new to adventurer mode. I played around a bit with it and it seems amazing. Couple questions I have:

1) I created a world, I entered Legends mode and read about places, artifacts and persons. Can I visit all those places in Adventurer Mode? Can you access all of the map/cities? So if I see that an artifact is kept in some far away place, can I go there and see it?

2) If legends mode tells me an NPC is still alive, can I find this NPC on the map and actual interact with it? (fight? talk? etc.)

3) If legends mode tells me someone is carrying an artifact. Can I find this npc in adventurer mode, and through combat or some way, take the artifact?

4) I read on here that people can create adventurer characters that are more like scholars who write about the world as they discover it. Is this RP or can I create a character in Adventurer mode, write codices about the world, instead of fight monsters etc.

5) If I create a character in adventurer mode, and write codices, are those updated in Legends mode? So do things I do in adventurer mode, actually update in Legends Mode?

Answers:

1) Yes, all locations (cities, towns, tombs, Castles, ect. can be visited.
2) Yes, although there are times when finding certian npcs will be.. difficult.. and/or impossible... answered in Q3 too.
3) Yes, mostly.. There are times where Artifact holding npcs may be traveling, or even thrown into limbo. (which is why i said it might be impossible in Q2). Also, there are times where artifacts can be found or lost in certian places... and even if you do track it down to the right place.. it may not be there at all and in limbo as well (till you said a raid in Fortress Mode to take it).
4) Yes, you can literally be any profession you want honestly.(DFhack's adv/gui helps out with fishing/mining, ect)
5) Yes.
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: December 17, 2021, 07:20:20 pm »

(DFhack's adv/gui helps out with fishing/mining, ect)
gui/advfort is the name, though you don't really need to remember it, just the default keybind of Ctrl+T.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Urist Mcmuffin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: December 31, 2021, 08:52:38 pm »

so I heard that you can put living people in bags with dfhack
but I do not know how to can someone explain?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4882 on: January 06, 2023, 12:03:47 pm »

Answers:

1) Yes, all locations (cities, towns, tombs, Castles, ect. can be visited.
2) Yes, although there are times when finding certian npcs will be.. difficult.. and/or impossible... answered in Q3 too.
3) Yes, mostly.. There are times where Artifact holding npcs may be traveling, or even thrown into limbo. (which is why i said it might be impossible in Q2). Also, there are times where artifacts can be found or lost in certian places... and even if you do track it down to the right place.. it may not be there at all and in limbo as well (till you said a raid in Fortress Mode to take it).
4) Yes, you can literally be any profession you want honestly.(DFhack's adv/gui helps out with fishing/mining, ect)
5) Yes.

About the artifacts and npcs.
You can run into traveling questers. So it shouldnt be impossible to run into the quester holding the artifact you want.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4883 on: January 06, 2023, 12:04:45 pm »

I wish i could answer this, but i don't use df hack.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: January 06, 2023, 04:58:18 pm »

I don't believe it's possible to put creatures in bags (i.e. I don't think DF has a way to represent that), but the DFHack thread would probably be a better place to ask.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 05:00:28 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: January 06, 2023, 10:19:59 pm »

oh yeah it's possible it just requires messing with the general ref of a unit and item
I don't think I wrote a script that does this but modified one to just shove anyone into a bag.

Code: ("shoveinbag.lua") [Select]
function getxyz() -- this will return pointers x,y and z coordinates.
local x=df.global.cursor.x
local y=df.global.cursor.y
local z=df.global.cursor.z
return x,y,z -- return the coords
end

function getCreatureAtPos(x,y,z) -- gets the creature index @ x,y,z coord
--local x,y,z=getxyz() --get 'X' coords
local vector=df.global.world.units.all -- load all creatures
for i = 0, #vector-1 do -- look into all creatures offsets
local curpos=vector[i].pos --get its coordinates
local cx=curpos.x
local cy=curpos.y
local cz=curpos.z
if cx==x and cy==y and cz==z then --compare them
return vector[i] --return index
end
end
--print("Creature not found!")
return nil

end
function getItemAtPos(x,y,z) -- gets the item index @ x,y,z coord
--local x,y,z=getxyz() --get 'X' coords
local vector=df.global.world.items.all -- load all items
for i = 0, #vector-1 do -- look into all items offsets
local curpos=vector[i].pos --get its coordinates
local cx=curpos.x
local cy=curpos.y
local cz=curpos.z
if cx==x and cy==y and cz==z then --compare them
return vector[i] --return index
end
end
--print("item not found!")
return nil

end

function ShoveYein()
 unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
 item=getItemAtPos(getxyz())

for a,b in ipairs(df.global.world.items.all) do for c,d in ipairs(b.general_refs) do end end
local u_ref=df.general_ref_contains_unitst:new()
u_ref.unit_id=unit.id
item.general_refs:insert(#item.general_refs,u_ref)

local u_cr_ref=df.general_ref_contained_in_itemst:new()
unit.flags1.caged=true
u_cr_ref.item_id=item.id
unit.general_refs:insert(#unit.general_refs,u_cr_ref)
end
ShoveYein()

though this probably works in 47.05 I don't expect this to work in the later versions of DF due to heavy use of a pointer though the uses of shoving a unit in an item is pretty much limited to the location you shove said unit in, as you can't fast travel and keep the unit in the cage/bag/item/sword, and walking far away from the capture point will also remove the unit in your item.

the script works like a cage trap you trigger on your own, where you drop any item you have on the ground then wait for the person to step on it, then look directly at the person and activate the script.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Rodunkus

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Magic Moss Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: January 08, 2023, 04:46:36 pm »

is there a way to complete the cause trouble quest yet? i haven't been able to find a solid answer as to how.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: January 09, 2023, 05:27:28 am »

is there a way to complete the cause trouble quest yet? i haven't been able to find a solid answer as to how.

Not a solid answer, but you might try intimidating or brawling with members or the leader of the target group. IIRC, I've heard that killing off the group doesn't help at all.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: January 21, 2023, 11:43:38 pm »

Created a party of 2 elves, figured since their starting gear isn't great I'd get two war jaguars. Later got some horses. Thing is, I'm kinda regretting the whole animal thing at this point.

Pet companions seem to relentlessly attack harmless wildlife and get hurt in the process. It is the dumbest, most frustrating thing.

Furthermore, is there some special trick to getting my party member to actually use a horse? There have been quite a few instances where I swapped characters, only for the first one to dismount. It's also really frustrating.

Main thing I can think of is avoiding mountains and fast traveling as much as possible. Y'all got any hot takes?

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: January 24, 2023, 04:39:30 pm »

Created a party of 2 elves, figured since their starting gear isn't great I'd get two war jaguars. Later got some horses. Thing is, I'm kinda regretting the whole animal thing at this point.

Pet companions seem to relentlessly attack harmless wildlife and get hurt in the process. It is the dumbest, most frustrating thing.

Furthermore, is there some special trick to getting my party member to actually use a horse? There have been quite a few instances where I swapped characters, only for the first one to dismount. It's also really frustrating.

Main thing I can think of is avoiding mountains and fast traveling as much as possible. Y'all got any hot takes?

I mean, animals help in the fights so it's got that going for it. Horses are pretty good fighters! For some reason I prefer to have horses and dogs with me instead of like humans, IDK why. Yes they attack wildlife, but just move on and they will catch on or not - if they don't too bad, you can get another horse some time.

I fast travel a lot though, except for when I want to check out the landscape. A lot of places look real pretty.

Nevertheless any companion I ever get don't survive more than a couple of days, so any problems they cause are over soon. I don't really care much about how they behave as I expect them to die shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327