Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1752788 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« on: November 28, 2010, 08:49:12 pm »

There are a half of dozen threads like this, I know, but I heard someone say that there should be a fear thread, and there was no fear thread. So therefore, here is a fear thread. For things that scared you today. Simple.
[/post]

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 08:50:26 pm »

I was scared the FBI would break down my door for-
Oh wait, no I wasn't.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:51:02 pm »

The ghost pepper discussion.
TOO HOT!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:15 pm »

I meant to read 88 pages of some notes I had and I've only read 8  :-X
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 09:18:28 pm »

Not as much terrified, but more like "I have seen something that shouldn't have aired on TV, and now I'll spend the next few moments curled up in a fetal position in a corner attempting to gouge my eyes out and pour brain bleach down them while babbling like a mad man".

As my sister, mom, and I were setting up our Christmas tree, for some reason they were watching I think it was the Wendy Williams Show (nothing else was on apparently). Anyway (and I know this'll be on The Soup in a heartbeat (say next episode that airs (You HAVE been warned))) after a performer was interviewed, he started singing another song (probably from a new album or something; very 80s sounding. Maybe a re-release), and everyone was dancing or doing a dance competition; first a flamboyant dancer, then another, then another... and then out of nowhere, an elderly couple (married for 60 years according to the interview with them after the dance) were dancing like you'd see some people dancing in a nightclub during Mardi Gras.

I've got a couple shots of hot sauce laced with cayenne pepper and garlic juice to pour in my eye sockets right now to try and remove the image from my head. Seriously, the deepest darkest parts of Hell look like paradise compared to what I saw. My God, what did I do to deserve such torment?

Itnetlolor has gone stark raving mad!

EDIT:
And if someone already uploaded a clip onto Youtube, I advise against looking for it. You'll just end up like I did. Blind and in pain with a horrifying image burned in the retinas.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:29:21 pm by Itnetlolor »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:34:55 pm »

Aw man, that thing was hilarious. I'm surprised they had the energy to be going at it like that, to be honest.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »

Link?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 10:33:56 pm »

{S} Jade: Enter

Also a surprise visit from the Hugs and Kisses Elemental.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 12:09:40 am »

Slenderman, but it's a happy fear, if that makes any sense. Years of never being scared by any media whatsoever makes the Mythos a welcome change.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 03:21:23 am »

In the washroom on this floor, there's a little ventilation grate set high up in the wall behind the toilet stalls. Pretty small, only maybe a foot across, and the passage behind it visibly narrows to a couple inches tall a few feet in.
I usually end up going in there to brush my teeth before bed at around 2 in the morning, when nobody else is awake. Every single night when I'm in there, looking in the mirror, there comes a point where I have a sudden momentary jolt of panic because I'm suddenly certain, absolutely certain, that there is a face peering out of that grate behind me where there is absolutely no room for a human to be. And then I check and there's nothing there, of course.

Still... I'm going there now. Wish me luck.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 03:27:09 am »

Stoichiometry and my terrible Chemistry teacher.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 03:27:28 am »

It happens, paranoia, the dark, and human nature can fuck with you in the middle of the night. Hell I litterally run past any windows in my house at night becouse if I don't I get the feeling someone is watching me or something will smash through the window.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 04:04:39 am »

I was two miles from my house when I suddenly realized that I had a flat tire.  Since there's no turns between backing out of my driveway and getting on the highway, the effect it had on steering wasn't immediately obvious.  I went to a gas station, luckily had a dollar for change, and the piece of shit air-pump seemed to be letting out air faster than it was putting it in.  Or the tire was totally fucked.

I don't take my cell-phone with me to work; I was already a few miles from home; I absolutely had to get to work, a little late or otherwise; I couldn't risk my new (to me) car getting fucked up by a blowout on the highway.  I couldn't find a pay phone handy, so I weighed my options.  The air-pump finally seemed to have a real effect, if a crappy one, so I took a leap of faith and drove to work on the backroads at a very moderate speed.  Nothing happened.

When I left work, the walk across the parking lot was if anything even more nervewracking than the drive earlier, even with all the weird noises I kept hearing.  Tire was still fine.  Drove home safely.  I was terrified the whole time, and still am, because I really like that car and I'll still have to take it to the tire shop in the morning.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 01:08:56 pm »

Yesterday I found out that the 'end of quarter project' assigned for my Interpersonal Communications class was due at midnight. Somehow, the assignment was given in week one, even though it was entirely about what we were working on in chapter 11. The idea, it seemed, was to give everyone ten weeks to work on the project. I never found it until I emailed my professor to ask where it was. At 9pm he responded by telling me it was in the week 1 box, and I promptly started working on it at terrifying speeds. With 20 minutes to spare, I turned it in.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 02:14:14 pm »

I have tons of work due soon that I haven't started on but that's more stress than fear.

Also, I'm flying from Kentucky to Colorado and this whole TSA security thing has scared me a little. I definitely want to reduce my risk of getting cancer so I don't want to do the X-ray machine, but that enhanced pat-down thing is scary as well. I'm a white guy who hasn't been sexually assaulted so I'm basically in the lowest risk group, but man this still has some potential to go wrong.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1419