Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]

Author Topic: The Fitness Thread - THE RE-SWOLLENING  (Read 53641 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: The Fitness Thread - THE RE-SWOLLENING
« Reply #540 on: April 05, 2023, 10:09:29 pm »

Like, what do we mean by overheating? Excessive sweating? Your skin literally getting so hot you feel like your face is on fire? Does it persist through your actual workout/session?

If it's related to your HRT, I dunno, you'll probably need to speak with people with experience in it because the biochemistry might get a little complicated. Are you heavier than you used to be?

Sweat response is genetic. In that it varies between people. I happen to be a sweater, particularly from my head. Other people tend to not sweat as much. So how your body handles thermal regulation is a thing, and then hormones may further interact with that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 07, 2023, 09:56:49 am »

I sweat a 'moderate amount' but I drink water like I was a fish.  I dont find myself overheating so much as winded.  My body gives up before it fries.

But It is pretty cool to sweat so much it vapors off you.

In my own fitness journey, Im packing muscle back on.  Gaining weight even.  But thats normal, you go up before down.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2023, 10:31:20 am »

I'm finally creeping up on my fat loss goals. I use several bodily metrics other than weight to know where I'm at. So like I've always had fat on my chest and around the sides of my pecs. That, belly fat and love handles are the places I carry the most fat. The rest of me is pretty lean.

Well, I've still got a thin layer of fat over my lower abs, and my love handles are still there....but my side chest fat is about gone. Compared to a year ago, it's a noticeable difference.

Trying to decide when to reverse course and start eating more calories. I know that staying shredded requires a high level of maintenance and I'm not willing to do that. But I want to get as low as I can still feeling relatively healthy so I can use that as a baseline for evaluation on how things are going. I know I'm not making many gains due to my calorie intake and my energy levels are suffering. But I also don't want to throw out the last few years of work by just adding 800 calories back to my diet.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 10:49:52 am by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 07, 2023, 11:12:27 am »

Like, what do we mean by overheating? Excessive sweating? Your skin literally getting so hot you feel like your face is on fire? Does it persist through your actual workout/session?

If it's related to your HRT, I dunno, you'll probably need to speak with people with experience in it because the biochemistry might get a little complicated. Are you heavier than you used to be?

Sweat response is genetic. In that it varies between people. I happen to be a sweater, particularly from my head. Other people tend to not sweat as much. So how your body handles thermal regulation is a thing, and then hormones may further interact with that.
As in heat exhaustion symptoms. Start getting a bit dissociative and woozy.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 07, 2023, 11:54:32 am »

Is it accompanied by actually feeling overheated? Or just the symptoms associated with heat exhaustion?

I'd look at hydration and salt balance. Lower hydration can lead to feelings of heat exhaustion. Low sodium can also have various unpleasant effects. Water and salt tend to be opposed: the more water in you, the more dilute the salt in your blood is. The less water you have, the more concentrated the salt in your blood is.

TLDR: Drink more water, eat more salty foods, see if that improves how you feel.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 07, 2023, 11:59:14 am »

There is a reason athletes drink Gatorade...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: April 16, 2023, 03:50:01 pm »

https://youtu.be/JMEqPeiUyfQ?t=618

This came across my feed. It works! I got a serious burn in my glutes just doing this for a good 20 seconds. I saw it and thought it looked like a back pull waiting to happen, and you if start getting the angle wrong yeah it does start hitting your low back. But considering so much of trying to work the glutes are compound movements, this may be the first thing I've found that is just a body weight exercise that laser focuses on the glutes and takes everything else out of it. I don't know if you can really overload this exercise but I'll see where the adaption curve on it is after a few weeks. I've also swapped out kettlebell swings for a banded x-walk to hit to the sides. Protip: banded x-walks are way more comfortable to do with shoes on than barefoot. Gives you better stability on the band too as a shoe has more surface area to hold the band in the same position.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 16, 2023, 06:37:24 pm »

Still havent 'lost' weight, but I've been building mass.  The system works, and I find that once I commit to serious workouts my diet tends to straighten up too, because otherwise I get bloats and gassy... and nobody want to feel like a zepplin
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2023, 07:30:12 pm »

Protip for newbies to the gym: don't pull the bench directly in front of the dumbbell rack. Leave space for people to rack their weights instead of resting your nuts/vagoo on the rail.

Protip #2 for newbies to the gym: If you go with a friend, maybe don't horse around and play grabass directly in front of the dumbbell rack. When I have to say "Look out" as I'm trying to rack my weights, maybe pull your head out of your scrawny ass and GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 07:59:13 pm by nenjin »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #549 on: April 19, 2023, 12:43:48 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees I am slowly approaching my pre-covid weight again. The coof made me lose far far far too much muscle weight and it's been a slow year of recovery where my weight just stayed flat for ages. Now just 3kg off pre-coof weight

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 19, 2023, 01:19:08 pm »

My shoulder is still stiff/sore from whatever the feck the gym did to it a few weeks back.

But it's on the mend.

Dipping my toe back in tonight.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: April 19, 2023, 01:35:34 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 19, 2023, 02:32:19 pm »

Gotta get dem views!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 22, 2024, 11:51:25 pm »

The main exercise I did today was a 2 mile run outside. It took 22 minutes. 11 minutes per mile is pretty slow, but at least the weather was nice, and I got to explore a new section of the Forest Preserve.
Max avatar size is 80x80

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 12, 2024, 10:59:38 am »

I have a tree that fell in my yard in an ice storm over the winter. Today it's around 60F/15C so I started the process of cleaning it up. I knew it was a big tree, but wow trees are a lot bigger on the ground than they seem when upright.  The tree's probably a good 75feet (25m) from the root to crown.  It's tangled in a large pine, and a bunch of other smaller stuff.

Mostly I was just using the loppers and trimming off all the thin stuff, 2" (5cm) diameter and smaller.  My arms are shaking from all the over-head work.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37]