Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758861 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1140 on: July 19, 2012, 01:59:25 pm »

Dwarven brofist!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: July 19, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »

My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1142 on: July 19, 2012, 03:55:40 pm »

2. Water monsters. Slaughterfish learned how to swim on land! :c I have never played Amnesia, but I have seen Criken2 play it. Criken was reduced to whimpering and sobbing as soon as he knew there were monsters in the water.
I dunno, Criken kinda breaks down into tears about everything...

My list:

~o.o~

No real phobias. Normal survival instincts are there and all, just barely anything scares me. Except when things nearly kill me. But then again, normal survival instincts I guess. Oddly enough despite nearly drowning to death, I still bloody love the sea. Probably was one of the things that killed a lot of fear from me. The nearly dying part, not the sea.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: July 19, 2012, 04:16:49 pm »

I almost drowned once, too, on a canoe trip... still love canoeing.  Canoe got pinned against a fallen tree and we capsized when a branch poked me in the eye.  I ended up underneath the canoe, with my lifejacket + the very strong current trapping me there as the canoe bobbed up and down, dunking my head under the water over and over.  I was only 15 and not strong enough by the time I understood my situation to do anything about it.  My uncle pulled me out before it turned into a medical emergency, but I was already very pale.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: July 19, 2012, 07:05:08 pm »

Oh, hey, did I mention that I spent three months on a boat in the Arctic Circle, and I can't swim? The first week there was...pretty terrible.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: July 19, 2012, 07:31:09 pm »

The thought of having to perform an Oral Recitation in front of this stage, in my most dreaded language, scares the crap outta me.

And it's looming 'round the corner. Aug 1.

*shiver*
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: July 19, 2012, 07:39:14 pm »

MZ is unbreakable!  Water is his only physical weakness, because his badass is too dense to float in it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: July 19, 2012, 07:39:55 pm »

The thought of having to perform an Oral Recitation in front of this stage, in my most dreaded language, scares the crap outta me.

And it's looming 'round the corner. Aug 1.

*shiver*
I'll be cheering you on in spirit!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: July 19, 2012, 07:41:43 pm »

MZ is unbreakable!  Water is his only physical weakness, because his badass is too dense to float in it.
Well, I did almost rip the roof off of a Neon when it hit me, and I didn't take any damage...but then again, it was a Neon, so anyone could've done that.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: July 19, 2012, 09:03:06 pm »

Well, I did almost rip the roof off of a Neon when it hit me, and I didn't take any damage...but then again, it was a Neon, so anyone could've done that.

You threatened to punch God in that other scary thread, MZ. Forgive us for assuming you are incredibly badass. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: July 20, 2012, 12:31:38 pm »

We talking about phobias?

I have plenty:

Number uno: Heights.
I can stand heights to a certain extent, but that's provided I am perfectly enclosed within a building, and not looking straight down.
If it's in one of these suspenson cart things, I feel very uncomfortable.

Two: Height combined with speed.
I have been on rollercoasters before. I never liked it then and I will never like it ever.

Three: Bees and Wasps.
I know bees have their uses, but I don't like their defence mechanism.
If there is a wasp or a bee near me, I WILL freak out.

Four: The ocean.
While I do not fear the ocean itself, it's the dark depths that creeps me out.

Five: Travelling alone.
It's not really something I fear, I just am very uncomfortable with travelling somewhere distant without any friends or family with me.

Six: Teleportation.
This one is just silly, as I do like the idea about teleportation.
What I do not like however, is the copying/erasing idea. It just creeps me out.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 12:33:50 pm by Ultimuh »

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: July 20, 2012, 12:36:02 pm »

Its not a phobia if the fear is rational. Therefore, heights isnt a phobia - its perfectly normal not to like being high up enough so that the fall would really harm you. Same for Bees/Wasps - they hurt.

The only real phobia there (due to irrationallity) is the teleportation one. That is genuinley very interesting. Phobias usually have some kind of past event that cause them. Ever had a bad Star Trek experience?
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: July 20, 2012, 12:38:31 pm »

Ever had a bad Star Trek experience?
Everyone who's seen the episode "Spock's Brain" has.

Anywho, those can still be phobias because people can still be terrified without good reason. IE, a fear of heights triggering when firmly held by a harness.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: July 20, 2012, 12:40:00 pm »

Its not a phobia if the fear is rational. Therefore, heights isnt a phobia - its perfectly normal not to like being high up enough so that the fall would really harm you. Same for Bees/Wasps - they hurt.
A normal fear of heights is rational, but I think that if the fear is strong enough to cause a person to be actually uncomfortable, it's progressed to the point of phobia.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: July 20, 2012, 12:41:56 pm »

Common misconception. You can be phobic of rational things to fear. What defines a phobia is whether or not the intensity of the fear response is appropriate or functional. Avoiding BEEEEESSSSSSS  is one thing, falling into a fear coma when someone holds up a picture of BEEEEESSSSSSS is quite another.

Sidenote: I fucking hate BEEEEESSSSSSS.

Sidesidenote: Sigmund Freud stated that his patients who were afraid of heights weren't actually afraid of falling. They were afraid that they might jump.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 1419