Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1784155 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #11610 on: January 18, 2015, 07:37:42 pm »

That sounds a lot like a TIA (mini stroke). It can be a precursor of a full on stroke. he should go to the hospital right away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_ischemic_attack
Well thaaaat's not good.

...Talked to him over the phone about it. He really thinks it was just due to allergies. Didn't give context earlier, but he's been coughing and sneezing a bunch over the last couple days to the point where he hasn't been getting much sleep. Probably just dozed at the computer too much and fell out of the chair. Maybe? I don't know. He said that the last time an event like this happened, he had similar allergy issues.

He doesn't seem to think it's worth going to the hospital though. Not much I can do now since I'm back at college except call in and check on them occasionally. Hope this doesn't turn into an "I told you so" moment.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: January 18, 2015, 07:42:08 pm »

He doesn't seem to think it's worth going to the hospital though. Not much I can do now since I'm back at college except call in and check on them occasionally. Hope this doesn't turn into an "I told you so" moment.
Did you go for 'getting a health check-up to understand what is going on'? Hospitalization is very different from 'going to the hospital'.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: January 18, 2015, 08:29:52 pm »

I'm still not sure why he wouldn't go to the hospital... blacking out is rarely ever good. I'm going to assume you don't have free health care there? Is my best guess? Anyways, I hope he's right, but as someone trained in first aid I'd probably have just called 911 at that point...
I hope I'm wrong.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: January 18, 2015, 10:22:58 pm »

I'm still not sure why he wouldn't go to the hospital... blacking out is rarely ever good. I'm going to assume you don't have free health care there? Is my best guess? Anyways, I hope he's right, but as someone trained in first aid I'd probably have just called 911 at that point...
I hope I'm wrong.
No free healthcare, because 'murricuh. At the time I had the strong urge to call 911, maybe if I was more impulsive I would've done it. Maybe I should have.

I'll bug him some more about getting checked up tomorrow.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: January 19, 2015, 01:23:10 am »

I hope I'm wrong.
No free healthcare, because 'murricuh. At the time I had the strong urge to call 911, maybe if I was more impulsive I would've done it. Maybe I should have.

I'll bug him some more about getting checked up tomorrow.
...Even just a check-up? :-\

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: January 19, 2015, 01:57:48 am »

A checkup is pretty cheap. Shouldn't be too much of a problem just to go chat with them.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: January 19, 2015, 02:06:30 am »

Legit terrified, but not as much as Spehss: I just put out a call for aid for professional contacts to try to get a job worth almost double my pay. I'm so terrified that no one will bother.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: January 19, 2015, 05:27:52 am »

I am terrified of the fact that I am getting a baby soon and I am so not qualified for raising a kid.

I'm not financially ready, I have a very short temper, making me prone to bouts of rage over relatively minor things, and I don't even have a proper place to live.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: January 19, 2015, 10:50:06 am »

Today, a prosecutor investigating a supposed pact between our goverment and another country to cover a terrorist attack against a Jewish association in exchange of economical benefits, was going to expose his evidence on the Congress.

Today, said prosecutor was found dead in his house.

I'm afraid, terribly afraid.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: January 19, 2015, 11:37:36 am »

Today, a prosecutor investigating a supposed pact between our goverment and another country to cover a terrorist attack against a Jewish association in exchange of economical benefits, was going to expose his evidence on the Congress.

According to the news, the police have decided it looks like a suicide. Nothing to worry about, big brother is keeping an eye out for you to keep you safe, best just go to sleep now.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: January 19, 2015, 01:25:55 pm »

According to the news, the police have decided it looks like a suicide. Nothing to worry about, big brother is keeping an eye out for you to keep you safe, best just go to sleep now.
Don't even think about disagreeing with the government No one disagrees with the government.  :-X
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: January 19, 2015, 03:11:59 pm »

The thing is, this goverment seemed like a dumb mafia, the one which caused bad stuff by trying to do its own business. Now this recklessness is too much. I fear that this may mean even more violence in the future, not only from the goverment, but from the population in general. There has been violent groups and guerrillas in the past in my country, and I don't want that to return.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: January 19, 2015, 03:15:18 pm »

I am terrified of the fact that I am getting a baby soon and I am so not qualified for raising a kid.

I'm not financially ready, I have a very short temper, making me prone to bouts of rage over relatively minor things, and I don't even have a proper place to live.
It's not as difficult as you'd think. I raised a mostly-healthy mostly-happy kid while bouncing between parents' houses and job hopping like a frog on a highway. Just give the kid love, attention, enough food (although for the first few months, that's on your wife,) and learn to blow off steam quickly. Walk away and take a breath if you feel overburdened. Just make sure you come back.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: January 19, 2015, 03:21:10 pm »

Hey, Japa. Are you planning on staying in India? How are the education prospects there, I don't know if they have good public education or not.

I'm assuming you can still move back to... Germany, I think? Or is it just your family is in Germany?

I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT YOU, JAPAS! D:

must... have... information...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: January 19, 2015, 03:38:23 pm »

Hey remember that time I had a presentation due but didn't know about it until 2 days before when it was pointed out to you by the prof?

WELL NOW I DO HAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*dies*
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1419