Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1780442 times)

Professor Lemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Not as cool as your glasses, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12030 on: February 27, 2015, 05:50:15 pm »

Did you leave the oven on?
You can lead a horse to water, you can leave your horse behind.
'Cause your horse don't dance and if he don't dance, then he's no horse of mine.
ASK ME ABOUT MY OBSCURELY LARGE MEKHQ ARMY

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12031 on: February 28, 2015, 08:26:23 am »

Well, I'm not quite sure if I should put this here or into Sheb's thread, but when I woke up today I discovered that a man was shot at night in the centre of the city. He had something to do with the opposition party, an important guy he was. A mournful demonstration is sheduled for tommorow and who knows what's gonna happen. I have mixed feelings about it, but all negative. First, it's like we're back to the 90's and next, like all this Ukrainian chaos has reached us here at last. It frigtens me and now I'm intended to sound pathetic: can one live in peace in Russia, or not? Until now each generation had a personal economic and/or political crisis. Mine won't be an exception, it seems. Dear God, dear Lenin in Heaven, what are you doing to us, bi...s?!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12032 on: February 28, 2015, 08:28:12 am »

It's already come up in the Europol thread, but it's worth being terrified over.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12033 on: February 28, 2015, 08:55:16 am »

It's already come up in the Europol thread, but it's worth being terrified over.

Yes, that's the point. I strongly believe that in a safe and successful country an average commoner doesn't really have to care for politics. And I hate to be worried about this all. And today it rushed into my life. I'm feeling nervous, uncomfortable, insecure and all like this. And, most important I don't know what to do about it.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12034 on: February 28, 2015, 08:58:24 am »

From BBC:
Violent deaths of Putin opponents

April 2003 - Liberal politician Sergey Yushenkov assassinated near his Moscow home

July 2003 - Investigative journalist Yuri Shchekochikhin died after 16-day mysterious illness

July 2004 - Forbes magazine Russian editor Paul Klebnikov shot from moving car on Moscow street, died later in hospital

October 2006 - Investigative journalist Anna Politkovskaya shot dead outside her Moscow apartment

November 2006 - Former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko died nearly three weeks after drinking tea laced with polonium in London hotel

March 2013 - Boris Berezovsky, former Kremlin power broker turned Putin critic, found dead in his UK home
It is terrifying, but sadly not new or unexpected.

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12035 on: February 28, 2015, 09:32:08 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your list looks earnestly, though I'm still confused. Putin rating is extremely high now, so why would he give the order to kill that man? Plus, the government allowed to hold the meeting in the city centre instead of the outskirts; more angry people will come... What is their profit? There must be some hidden reason, of course...

Back to the topic, it's not important for me who killed him. I would like to know what will follow and what I should do in such circumstances. *egoist in panic!"

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12036 on: February 28, 2015, 09:33:47 am »

As it is easy to remain popular if anyone who expresses high profile discontent ends up dead. Now, I am not going to make an accusation against Putin, as there is, and will never be, any evidence that leads that way. The thing is, it sure looks bad.
This is a blank sig.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12037 on: February 28, 2015, 09:46:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your list looks earnestly, though I'm still confused. Putin rating is extremely high now, so why would he give the order to kill that man? Plus, the government allowed to hold the meeting in the city centre instead of the outskirts; more angry people will come... What is their profit? There must be some hidden reason, of course...

Back to the topic, it's not important for me who killed him. I would like to know what will follow and what I should do in such circumstances. *egoist in panic!"
Well, unless you currently are an opposition politician, I doubt you'll be much affected.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12038 on: February 28, 2015, 09:51:27 am »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12039 on: February 28, 2015, 09:53:50 am »

You know, one thing I've been wondering is what'll happen to Russia when Putin dies? Because he's been leading Russia for so long...

I'm pretty sure that they have some rules of succession thing going like we have in the US, would be stupid to not to have a plan really.

As for the assassination, maybe he got too annoying for Putin?

Bumblebee

• Bay Watcher
  • Zizz, Bizz, Bizzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12040 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

Well, unless you currently are an opposition politician, I doubt you'll be much affected.
No, it's not about politics, it's about the total atmosphere. I'm not used to living in a criminal city where it's okay to shoot people in the street, you see. Any people, no matter if they're opposition politicians or not. Things like this does not happen often, right? And it's not his death that can affect me, but its reasons and after-effects.

You know, one thing I've been wondering is what'll happen to Russia when Putin dies? Because he's been leading Russia for so long...

I was thinking about it, too. No idea. (Medvedev is a bit foolish for this part)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12041 on: March 01, 2015, 09:04:07 am »

Congress. That is all.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

reality.auditor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12042 on: March 02, 2015, 10:54:03 am »

You know, one thing I've been wondering is what'll happen to Russia when Putin dies?

Depends why and how. I somehow very, very doubt it will be death from old age.

Only thing worse than one big crazy dictator with nukes is dozen small crazy dictators with nukes. In other words, Russia may fell apart. West, as usual, will be at fault.

And about assasination itself, it was simply to terrorize opposition and neuter march at 1 March. Russia is slowy returning back to good old days of totalitarian state, one assasination/war at the time.
Are weapons like the least lethal thing in DF?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12043 on: March 02, 2015, 11:09:18 am »

It's sad that Russia is oppressed, but I've gotta say that I love the fact that abandoning communism did nothing. All the bullshit that the United States fed everyone during the Cold War was just that, bullshit.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12044 on: March 02, 2015, 11:36:09 am »

And about assasination itself, it was simply to terrorize opposition and neuter march at 1 March.
Yeah, obviously. That's why that "Vesna" march that 3.5 people would have come to gathered 50000 people after his death. Living, Nemtsov was no use to anybody - seriously, who can believe an opposition politician who was Yeltsin's head of government and got a "For Service to the Fatherland" medal for his efforts during the privatization from the same Yeltsin? Apparently not a lot of people, seeing as his party had zero seats in the Duma. Dead, he's a martyr and a collossal blow to Putin's rather high ratings. His death benefited pretty much everybody except Putin, as far as I can tell (which is admittedly not very far).

I'm sad and disturbed that shit like this can happen here, independent of who did it. And I am also very angry about the various bullshitters who will now spin this event this way and that for their various agendas. Everything is bad here not because of Putin, and not because of the opposition. Everything is bad because of people who lie, and that is everybody. There's no trust. You can either distrust everybody, or become one of our two types of fanatics - the Ъ Imperial Putin Fanatic and the Bleedin' 'Eart Holier-Than-Thou Opposition Fanatic, because you have to be a fanatic to believe any of those fuckers. If I could soak both Mr.Putin and his most vocal opponents in gasoline and make them fight each other with spark emitters, I would.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 801 802 [803] 804 805 ... 1419