Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758308 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12075 on: March 03, 2015, 06:58:25 am »

No! Occam's razor people! What's more likely, that dozens of us were all wrong when we were reading the name
Actually yes, it is the most likely... Check my sig.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12076 on: March 03, 2015, 07:03:51 am »

To me, he shall always be Giglamesh, friend of Enikdu, slayer of Humbaab, king of Ruuk.
I though he was king of Sumreria?
No, it was just a Sumerian Sumreian legend. Gilgamesh Giglamesh was king of Uruk Ruuk and a demigod who built the walls of the city singlehandedly or something.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12077 on: March 03, 2015, 07:05:23 am »

Spoiler: I ship it (click to show/hide)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12078 on: March 03, 2015, 01:39:43 pm »

Welp. It took me way too long to figure out that my laptop CPU/GPU running at single-digit load maybe kinda shouldn't be 60*C. And if something fails, I have absolutely no way short of, I'unno, loansharks, to replace it AND I need it for work purposes o_O
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12079 on: March 03, 2015, 02:45:29 pm »

Sometimes I get this thing where I have just one extremely painful hiccup. It's like something tears in the middle of my chest and then I just stare into space wondering whether I am bleeding into my lungs and if yes, whether calling the EMTs will have any effect. Usually happens when I consume McDonalds food with Coke.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12080 on: March 03, 2015, 02:52:00 pm »

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12081 on: March 03, 2015, 02:54:50 pm »

McDonalds
Well there's your problem

Aye. The stuff they serve barely qualifies as food, and that's from my brother who works there. It might be different in Russia, but I won't hold out too much hope on that one.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12082 on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »

Sometimes I get this thing where I have just one extremely painful hiccup. It's like something tears in the middle of my chest and then I just stare into space wondering whether I am bleeding into my lungs and if yes, whether calling the EMTs will have any effect. Usually happens when I consume McDonalds food with Coke.
A hiccup is, generally, an air bubble (probs thanks to coke) in the stomach too large to be burped out, and if you're stuffed, you stomach probably does not like to violently contract around a rigid-ish object. Try to drink Coke in sips small enough you can discreetly, er, remove them and exhaling before you swallow.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12083 on: March 03, 2015, 02:57:40 pm »

Heartburn?
Symptoms of heartburn usually consist of a sensation of burning or discomfort after eating, located in the middle of the lower chest underneath the sternum (breastbone). The discomfort may increase when bending over or lying flat on the back.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #12084 on: March 03, 2015, 03:01:37 pm »

McDonalds

Aye. The stuff they serve barely qualifies as food, and that's from my brother who works there. It might be different in Russia, but I won't hold out too much hope on that one.
That stuff is literally garbage and a blight upon the concept of "cheeseburger," like nearly every fast food product. If you're going to eat garbage, at least get it from the dumpster yourself, and if you're going to eat a cheeseburger, butcher your own cow and grill it on coal and steel while the milk ferments.

And McDonalds is usually very careful to ensure their product is identical regardless of where you are.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12085 on: March 03, 2015, 03:04:18 pm »

McDonalds

That stuff is literally garbage and a blight upon the concept of "cheeseburger," like nearly every fast food product. If you're going to eat garbage, at least get it from the dumpster yourself, and if you're going to eat a cheeseburger, butcher your own cow and grill it on coal and steel while the milk ferments.

And McDonalds is usually very careful to ensure their product is identical regardless of where you are.
Yeah, London McDonalds and Moscow McDonalds are identical with the exception of cooking oil and price (ours is cheaper). Yeah, it's the Coke, probably.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12086 on: March 03, 2015, 03:06:29 pm »

To me, he shall always be Giglamesh, friend of Enikdu, slayer of Humbaab, king of Ruuk.
I though he was king of Sumreria?
No, it was just a Sumerian Sumreian legend. Gilgamesh Giglamesh was king of Uruk Ruuk and a demigod who built the walls of the city singlehandedly or something.
Thanks, Wata. Hitsory is not my strong point.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12087 on: March 03, 2015, 05:00:14 pm »

I stepped on little cats leg accidentally and then saw it trying to not use that leg, poor thing... I am a monster

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12088 on: March 03, 2015, 05:46:15 pm »

I stepped on little cats leg accidentally and then saw it trying to not use that leg, poor thing... I am a monster
Think of all the birds you have just saved.

And then think of how all those birds will eventually devolve back into raptors.

And then think of how these novoraptors will cause unending terror in the skys with their vicious claws and magnificent plumage.

What I'm saying is, I agree - you are a monster. You have doomed us to forever suffer under the torment of our reptilian-avian overlords.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12089 on: March 03, 2015, 05:48:03 pm »

I for one wlecome our new reptilian-avian overlords.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 804 805 [806] 807 808 ... 1419