Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781766 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12270 on: March 15, 2015, 02:55:43 am »

... to the Chatham Islands I go~!
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12271 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:40 am »

Related: Does anyone have some good sources on the tactical and strategic aspects of nuclear warfare? Because I think the 'blow up the whole world' image nuclear war has is quite false, but I've no way to substanciate that belief.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12272 on: March 15, 2015, 07:25:43 am »

Well, with a little bit of digging you can work out the average yield and how many nukes exist. Then you can work out the blast area of the average nuke and times it.

You might be able to find the amount of fallout given off as well, but that may require more educated guesswork.

I did so maths strictly about the blast area affected in a different thread. Nowhere near enough to make the earth one massive crater, I found.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12273 on: March 15, 2015, 08:09:18 am »

If you really wanted to kill off most people, you'd use this. Due to things like wind, it wouldn't quite irradiate everywhere, but it would easily keep places uninhabitable for 25-50 years.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12274 on: March 15, 2015, 08:40:56 am »

Related: Does anyone have some good sources on the tactical and strategic aspects of nuclear warfare? Because I think the 'blow up the whole world' image nuclear war has is quite false, but I've no way to substanciate that belief.

Here you go, something I've found somewhere on the internet a few years ago, a very interesting and scary read
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12275 on: March 15, 2015, 10:19:24 am »

That's what I was thinking of, actually - is there any more where that came from?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12276 on: March 15, 2015, 03:09:20 pm »

Playing Minecraft for the first time in...months, years? So many new features.

So, I'm playing hardcore, if you die, you lose everything. Spent several hours building a base and exploring and getting materials. I'm on a beach and off on the horizon I can see an underwater temple looming like something out of Lovecraft, just barely under the surface. I take a boat out there to check it out.

As I'm cruising around the temple top, some sea monster comes out of nowhere, shoots a laser at me, knocks me out of my boat, and takes a quarter of my health despite full iron armor. I jumped and banged my knee on my desk from the scare. I'm swimming in open water, desperately flailing to get back to my boat, while some beast is taking potshots at me with lazor beamz. Made it away with only two hearts left.

Hardcore, man. Near death experiences are terrifying.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12277 on: March 15, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

The water temples are kinda tricky. But you can get sponges from them, so there's that.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12278 on: March 15, 2015, 03:23:23 pm »

You'll love when you get inside someday and what amounts to Cthulhu is waiting for you.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12279 on: March 15, 2015, 05:03:14 pm »

You'll love when you get inside someday and what amounts to Cthulhu is waiting for you.

But elder Guardians look nothing like Cthulu. They're fish.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12280 on: March 15, 2015, 05:10:00 pm »

The water temples are kinda tricky. But you can get sponges from them, so there's that.
Sponges? Fucking sponges?!
I would have thought if you had the guts to delve into some ancient temple to unknown, terrifying gods you'd at least make it out with some armfuls of sweet loot. But noooo.
"Yeah I raided the forbidden temple of the Deep Ones, check out all these sponges I grabbed! My kitchen counters have never been cleaner."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12281 on: March 15, 2015, 05:16:48 pm »

There are treasure rooms. But you can't get sponges anywhere else, I don't think.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12282 on: March 15, 2015, 05:19:29 pm »

But elder Guardians look nothing like Cthulu. They're fish.
They look kinda like Cthulhu. They have tentacle thingies. They live at the bottom of ruins in the middle of the ocean.

Ok, they don't look that much like Cthulhu. But that's beside my point.

Yeah, sponges are a rare commodity. Unless you're a cheater.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Pages: 1 ... 817 818 [819] 820 821 ... 1419