Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781334 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12465 on: April 05, 2015, 08:40:51 pm »

* Orange Wizard points to a certain clause in the TPPA that allows companies to sue nations if their potential profits are impacted.

And that's why we'd all be better off if the stuffed suits who signed that thing were dead; their neglected corpses laying in the street being spat upon by passers by
Hey, said companies wouldn't be better off!  ;)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12466 on: April 05, 2015, 08:52:39 pm »

Also, corpses laying in the street is pretty unhygienic.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12467 on: April 05, 2015, 08:54:04 pm »

You speaking to a guy who's fine with letting packs of stray animals run around and get get hit by vehicles. You think he cares?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12468 on: April 05, 2015, 08:57:35 pm »

You speaking to a guy who's fine with letting packs of stray animals run around
Are you forgetting that
Wolves are society's condom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12469 on: April 05, 2015, 09:21:31 pm »

You speaking to a guy who's fine with letting packs of stray animals run around and get get hit by vehicles. You think he cares?
When did I say I was fine with vehicles?
And if I was running some hypothetical nation, I would ensure any executed persons' bodies were disposed of in a thoughtful, hygienic manner. Perhaps just keep their embalmed head, to pop up on a spike somewhere in view of the populace. Yes.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12470 on: April 05, 2015, 09:24:20 pm »

I was talking about Bohandas, sorry.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12471 on: April 05, 2015, 09:28:24 pm »

Oh, right. I was just getting a bit of deja vu, probably due to similar conversations in the past.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12472 on: April 06, 2015, 07:13:13 am »

I have to write the final version of my English paper today. I realized I accidentally glossed over tons of information on one of my sources and can easily fill out the page requirement now, and the only other thing I have to do is rearrange the paper itself to fix organizational issues, but the prospect is still a bit looming. ·~·
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #12473 on: April 06, 2015, 01:40:24 pm »

if you are using the copying for your own financial gain [which I believe would include downloading to save yourself the money of buying it]).

No, it doesn't. Not losing =/= gaining. There are no proceeds from getting software unless you sell/rent it, and the legal definition of financial gain in copyright laws explicitly calls for a receipt of something of value including other copyrighted works. So, you couldn't swap a pirated game for a bookstore book, but getting the game itself is not financial gain legally.

It's a relic of the pre-common fast Internet era, when pirates would download software, burn it to CDs then sell those at a fraction of the original's cost.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12474 on: April 06, 2015, 09:03:45 pm »

I had what I guess was an ant bite in my ear. Or maybe it was a huge zit. Anyway, I, uh, accidentally scratched the pus-filled head off and now there's a rather large gaping hole in my ear oozing blood. I can feel the blood collecting in the basin of my ear. Tried to wash it to the best of my ability and put neosporin on it, and I guess I'll just wait for the blood to stop and clot.

It's in such a weird position there's no way I could put a bandage on it, sooooo, yeah. Guess I'll pray the blood clots and I don't bleed out from my ear.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12475 on: April 06, 2015, 09:10:08 pm »

if you are using the copying for your own financial gain [which I believe would include downloading to save yourself the money of buying it]).
No, it doesn't. Not losing =/= gaining. There are no proceeds from getting software unless you sell/rent it, and the legal definition of financial gain in copyright laws explicitly calls for a receipt of something of value including other copyrighted works. So, you couldn't swap a pirated game for a bookstore book, but getting the game itself is not financial gain legally.

It's a relic of the pre-common fast Internet era, when pirates would download software, burn it to CDs then sell those at a fraction of the original's cost.
Gotcha. It's still a violation of the original "copyright infringement" law in the sense that you are creating a copy of a copyrighted work without permission, though, and is therefore punishable by law despite the fact that it can't be legally referred to as "piracy".
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12476 on: April 06, 2015, 09:49:57 pm »

I had what I guess was an ant bite in my ear. Or maybe it was a huge zit. Anyway, I, uh, accidentally scratched the pus-filled head off and now there's a rather large gaping hole in my ear oozing blood. I can feel the blood collecting in the basin of my ear. Tried to wash it to the best of my ability and put neosporin on it, and I guess I'll just wait for the blood to stop and clot.

It's in such a weird position there's no way I could put a bandage on it, sooooo, yeah. Guess I'll pray the blood clots and I don't bleed out from my ear.
Get a kleenex/tissue/cotton-ball (latter preferable) and just like, press it onto the wound until it stops. Neosporin the ball though. Just a bit.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12477 on: April 06, 2015, 10:14:40 pm »

I finished aforementioned paper and now I'm freaking terrified of the possibility I'll get a bad grade D:
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #12478 on: April 06, 2015, 10:23:12 pm »

Would you prefer a good grade D?  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12479 on: April 06, 2015, 10:29:37 pm »

The only actual number I've ever seen for piracy have been published/funded by like, Hollywood or the games industry, who have a vested interest in making it seem like it's killing the industry. Bias.
The same could be said for a bunch of poor college students having a vested interest in the opposite. :P

I mean, really, free stuffs is nice and all, but have you seen honorwares that aren't bankrupt?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 830 831 [832] 833 834 ... 1419