Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783272 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12615 on: April 16, 2015, 08:58:36 am »

mememe, NSFW in the same way that Dye Fantasy is. While Fantasy gives several good reasons as to why living in Lovecraft's world would suck, mememe gives several good reasons as to why living Slaanesh's world would suck.
They both go weird places. mememe takes it one step further by going Japanese places. mememe is about how fictional hentai destroys real relationships, Fantasy is about how... Well, it's a Lovecraft story. Sanity is destroyed. Self-explanatory.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12616 on: April 16, 2015, 08:59:18 am »

mememe, NSFW in the same way that Dye Fantasy is. While Fantasy gives several good reasons as to why living in Lovecraft's world would suck, mememe gives several good reasons as to why living Slaanesh's world would suck.
They both go weird places. mememe takes it one step further by going Japanese places. mememe is about how fictional hentai destroys real relationships, Fantasy is about how... Well, it's a Lovecraft story. Sanity is destroyed. Self-explanatory.

it loops
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12617 on: April 16, 2015, 09:13:58 am »

Correction on mememe; it's about neets' self destructive slothfulness in general - all the things the dude uses or fights are otaku stuff. Even the bit where he goes rambo is him still trapped in his neet lifestyle, he's using the tools and figs he built on the table.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12618 on: April 16, 2015, 09:24:23 am »

I'm not sure if Mememe is purposefully trying to be "deep" or if people are over-analyzing just like they do with everything else Hideki Anno makes.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12619 on: April 16, 2015, 09:29:15 am »

Its not that deep in its meaning, but Hideaki Anno has been a longtime critic of neets and the current state of japan's current dominant generation, I think, probably because he went through a long period of depression and came out of it. I remember a video of him saying how it got so ridiculous that he'd see adult men in the subway train reading hentai or something.

Altough the video really does make some parallels with slaanesh. Living in Slaanesh's realm in the warp would probably be like that, except with more male bits and body horror and infinite drugs :v

On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12620 on: April 16, 2015, 09:34:53 am »

I'm not sure if Mememe is purposefully trying to be "deep" or if people are over-analyzing just like they do with everything else Hideki Anno makes.
I agree with Temp, it's not exactly making Hanz Zimmer BWOOOOOOMNGS noises; having depth doesn't mean it's trying to be deep. It's a rather clear metaphor.`

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #12621 on: April 16, 2015, 09:37:19 am »

« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:20:11 am by penguinofhonor »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12622 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:04 am »

Not in Education, Employment or Training.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12623 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:34 am »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NEET

Basically, an acronym for useless person.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12624 on: April 16, 2015, 09:38:55 am »

Here.
Edit: ninja'd.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #12625 on: April 16, 2015, 07:48:37 pm »

What if they're retired?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12626 on: April 16, 2015, 07:59:55 pm »

mememe is some good trippy shit yo. Would recommend to everyone. Especially the small children and elderly.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12627 on: April 16, 2015, 10:03:15 pm »

mememe is some good trippy shit yo. Would recommend to everyone. Especially the small children and elderly.
it's just unsubtle enough for a young child to clearly understand what is really going on, so yes

DreamCarver

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels breath: Seeking infant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12628 on: April 16, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »

Markiplier approves this message,
"Anything man can imagine is a possibility in reality."
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?
I just found a barrel which contained a wheelbarrow. Inside the wheelbarrow was another barrel. I don't even understand how that is possible.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #12629 on: April 17, 2015, 05:05:52 am »

What if they're retired?
Then they've already accomplished stuff
Pages: 1 ... 840 841 [842] 843 844 ... 1419