Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781959 times)

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #12795 on: May 04, 2015, 01:32:30 pm »

Upper wisdom tooth extraction Thursday o.O

My memory of tooth extraction 2 yrs ago goes like thus:

Needle prick, feeling uncomfortable because needle is inside my gums depositing anesthetic, being numb, dentist shaking tooth, wrird noises, tooth coming out, gauze.
an hour later, a lot of pain so much pain silver agony from bloody tooth socket and a totally bloody gauze....

Two days later, giggling at the rice grain that has settled inside the empty tooth socket :v

This reminds me of when I removed my only impacted wisdom teeth. I swear my destist was sweating bullets as if something was very wrong, and it probably was because he had to literally saw it in 4 parts and then remove each root individualy. It hurt a fair bit but according to him I did pretty good, and then he showed me the actual tooth pieces. They were ENOURMOUS. It was hard to believe something that large could've come from my mouth.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #12796 on: May 04, 2015, 01:39:10 pm »

I remember getting two permanent upper teeth removed -when I was, like, 12- to make room for other teeth because my mouth was so crowded. not wisdom teeth, but they were molars in the middle of the...molar rows. Y'know, the back of the mouth.

Pretty much like Skyru described it. Numb, weird sounds as the dentist magically shakes the tooth out of your skull, blood. I remember seeing the teeth and being surprised at the size of the roots.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12797 on: May 04, 2015, 01:42:54 pm »

I got all 4 wisdom teeth out at once, and it wasn't really that painful afterwords (yeah, it hurt to open my mouth, and it took like 6 hours for my gums to stop bleeding, the last 2 or so with the teabag trick (tea is astringent, so biting down on an unflavored teabag instead of gauze makes it stop bleeding faster), but mainly it just felt like my jaw was really, really sore. Edit Note: No additional painkillers were taken after the initial one, and I actually drove to and from the extraction, as well as a half hour drive back home a couple of hours later. Maybe I'm just good at ignoring pain or something. :P

The big thing that got me was how much force they had to use to pull the dang things out. I mean it was definitely enough that I had to exert myself to keep my head in the same place, and brought to mind those comedy sketches of dentists pushing against the person's chest with both of their feet when they pull a tooth.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:54:19 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12798 on: May 04, 2015, 01:46:12 pm »

Upper wisdom tooth extraction Thursday o.O

My memory of tooth extraction 2 yrs ago goes like thus:

Needle prick, feeling uncomfortable because needle is inside my gums depositing anesthetic, being numb, dentist shaking tooth, wrird noises, tooth coming out, gauze.
an hour later, a lot of pain so much pain silver agony from bloody tooth socket and a totally bloody gauze....

Two days later, giggling at the rice grain that has settled inside the empty tooth socket :v

Things that my dentist said during tooth extraction:

"What have we here?"

"You're storing food in weird places, young man."

"What's all this gunk?"

"Eh, we'll just clear out the whole lot."

"Whoops!"

"Look at all that blood! Suction!"

etc...

Also, waking up the following night, with my face and pillow completely covered in blood. :D
(I had to bite on the gauze for three hours to make it stop, and sleep the rest of the night sitting up.)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12799 on: May 04, 2015, 01:55:12 pm »

It seems like it's computer-animated. I don't think most worms would pulsate rhythmically like that. And if the worm was actually eating his hand I don't think the dude would continue holding it like that. Still terrifying though.
Apparently when handled, ribbon worms puke their proboscis, and it DOES look like that, so...

And no, it's not *actually* eating his hand. IIRC they live in water, so it's probably dying.
Oh. That's kind of a downer.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12800 on: May 04, 2015, 02:15:38 pm »

Whoah. I can't imagine undergoing any sort of invasive procedure of that kind without at the very least some sort of sedation.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #12801 on: May 04, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »

My teeth are perfect I don't need shit done to 'em

suck it nerds

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #12802 on: May 04, 2015, 04:28:09 pm »

SirQuiamus, I cracked up at the one about food storage.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12803 on: May 04, 2015, 04:32:00 pm »

My teeth are perfect I don't need shit done to 'em

suck it nerds
Getting wisdom teeth pulled is nigh-universal these days, since they're, y'know, a genetic holdover that don't fit in your mouth properly and in most cases will completely screw things up if they're allowed to grow in. I had picture-perfect teeth but still got mine yanked when I was younger just in case.

Also, general anesthetic. 'sgood.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12804 on: May 04, 2015, 04:49:32 pm »

I'm 28 and never got any teeth pulled.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12805 on: May 04, 2015, 05:00:07 pm »

I'm lucky enough to have been one of the few to not have wisdom teeth. Though I do have an overjet the size of the grand canyon, so I wouldn't say I was dealt an amazing hand in terms of dentistry.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #12806 on: May 04, 2015, 05:00:25 pm »

I'm lucky enough to have been one of the few to not have wisdom teeth. Though I do have an overjet the size of the grand canyon, so I wouldn't say I was dealt an amazing hand in terms of dentistry.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #12807 on: May 04, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »

Neither have I.

I recall checking it up a while ago, since I was surprised to read about so many forumnites getting their teeth pulled. IIRC the consensus was that there was no evidence supporting the removal of asymptomatic wisdom teeth at the present time...

I still have them, two lower ones came out (one of them took a while though), while upper ones are still in. But they haven't given me any trouble so far.

TBH I'm far more concerned about my bruxism.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12808 on: May 04, 2015, 05:22:26 pm »

Yeah, as far as I know, removing wisdom teeth isn't necessary for most people. I only had to remove one one of mine, and then it was only because it was growing horizontally, straight into my other teeth.
Love, scriver~

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12809 on: May 04, 2015, 05:31:17 pm »

Hey, it used to be fashionable to have all your teeth removed and wear fakes. People are weird yo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 852 853 [854] 855 856 ... 1419