Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1780916 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #13500 on: June 24, 2015, 01:12:32 am »

You literally cancer.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: June 24, 2015, 02:24:44 am »

Could it not just be a spot or something?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: June 24, 2015, 03:23:25 am »

Can you hear with the ear? If yes, your eardrum is fine. You might still want to consider the clinic, though.
Barely, that's what makes it difficult to tell. It was already infected and clogged beforehand, so I already couldn't hear out of it. The difference between "infected, clogged ear" and "infected, clogged ear with ruptured eardrum" is... I don't know. The only hint is the blood. :u
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13503 on: June 24, 2015, 04:04:14 am »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13504 on: June 24, 2015, 05:45:30 am »

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
fixed that to give idea of what hearing is like for me currently
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: June 24, 2015, 05:55:46 am »

If anything, it hurts less. Which could be because I don't think there are any actual nerves in the actual ear-drum, OR the blood release was because it was building up, pressure in my ear was somehow released and that stopped pressing on the surrounding tissue.

Honestly it's just as well that I go to the dang doctors and figure it out for sure :P

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13506 on: June 24, 2015, 05:57:16 am »

Good luck, ear damage can be quite shite

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: June 24, 2015, 08:41:56 am »

So yep. My listen-skin has been ruptured. Got some more antibiotics to complete a 10 day (as opposed to 3) course but otherwise it's the waiting game. Only I won't be able to hear the clock ticking.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: June 24, 2015, 10:20:50 am »

Turn the other cheek, then. Your working ear is affixed to that side of your face, if the photo thread hasn't given me wrong ideas about your anatomy.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: June 24, 2015, 10:24:04 am »

deschan has pixiv-tier anatomy, what with being a cute girl and a bear, moose, chunk of ice, vibrator, the other kind of bear and a plethora of more or less mundane entities

do not presume anything makes sense

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: June 24, 2015, 04:15:31 pm »

Very hot in the factory. And moist. Not fun to work in. Thank God for the water cooler.

The thing is that it is too moist. Condensation is sticking to some walls, like the entryway to the customer service room. They had to set up buckets to catch the water that drips down. Standing near the doorway is like being caught in a light drizzle.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: June 24, 2015, 04:42:18 pm »

Can't you get one (or more, depending on the size of the rooms) dehumidifier thingies? Considering it's a factory it's bound to have some electrical stuff that could potentially react badly to being soaked.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13512 on: June 24, 2015, 05:09:58 pm »

I enter surgery tomorrow, should be great fun

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: June 24, 2015, 05:14:25 pm »

Can't you get one (or more, depending on the size of the rooms) dehumidifier thingies? Considering it's a factory it's bound to have some electrical stuff that could potentially react badly to being soaked.

I haven't a clue. I'm not a fixer-type-person. Our resident fixer-guy isn't really that much of a fixer either; the manager just tends to get him to look at things. Sometimes it works. Sometimes there's three to four people standing around a machine taking turns hitting it with a hammer. Did it work? No? Then try hitting it harder.

The factory floor itself is likely too large though. we actually do have A/C, it's just that the warehouse is too large to actually have it do anything.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: June 25, 2015, 06:17:54 pm »

Well, I'm worried. Though that might be an understatement.

See, a few months ago I started hearing rumours of a group that, translating the name, call themselves "The Gladiators of the Altar". They are what can only be described as a para-military group associated with the (again translating the name) Universal Church, a very, very fundamentalist evangelical christian denomination. Today my mother found a facebook post (by them) stating that they are now acting in this state (Rio de Janeiro), urging people to go to the nearest church and join them in their fight to destroy all false prophets, eradicate pagan and heretical religions and exterminate homosexuality and "do the work the state is not". Oh, and to make matters even worse? The current leader of the federal chamber of deputies is also a member of that religion! He and his religious mates are everywhere in congress so it's likely not much will be done about this. There have been attacks in other states against members of other religions (even other christians are targets, though less) and a priest of an african religion was murdered too.

In short, Evangelical ISIS is probably a thing and I am terrified.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 899 900 [901] 902 903 ... 1419