Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1758778 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15480 on: February 01, 2016, 02:59:04 pm »

Nightmares are pretty bad. Tendrils cracking the walls, the feeling of your throat being slit as warm blood flows out, vision going red as a child with a knife stares at you from behind a mirror...

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: February 01, 2016, 06:22:00 pm »

Sheeit... I just looked at my sore toe properly for the first time since I injured it.
It looks like a small black and purple potato growing out of the end of my toe. And this is four days after it happened, so I can only imagine how bad it looked earlier when it was probably even more swollen. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SEE A DOCTOR! HEAL, DAMN YOU! HEAAAAAAL
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: February 01, 2016, 06:29:22 pm »

Dude, go see a doctor, that is Very Badder.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: February 01, 2016, 06:51:21 pm »

"Potato" is scary...  But if it's small, it sounds like a blood blister.  Those look disgusting, and kinda expand off the skin (like a blister).  Just pierce it and let the blood or puss out.

If it's actually *large*, or doesn't collapse when pierced...  I have no idea, and you probably should get it checked out.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: February 01, 2016, 06:54:30 pm »

I'm more talking about the toe itself... the whole thing is kinda bruised and swollen.
Maybe I'll see a doctor some day soon (I've been meaning to for a while, for various reasons) but right now I need to expend my energy on solving my train fine problem. That's my plan for today. Terrifying stuff indeed.

Edit: Aw crud, I'm cooking myself some pasta for breakfast, but I'm at the awkward point where you don't have quite enough pasta left in the bag for two lots, but a bit much to fit in one lot. Water could well end up boiling over here... at least that might help boil off some of the filth that's become caked onto the stovetop lately, suspiciously enough mostly since we had that slovenly lodger for a while.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 07:31:07 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: February 01, 2016, 08:06:01 pm »

Could be broken. Lots of folks break toes without even noticing - besides the pain, of course.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: February 01, 2016, 08:30:04 pm »

Yeah.  From hanging out with serious backpackers and cyclists in my youth:

"If you can bear to walk, you're okay" is BULLSHIT
Adrenaline (and peer pressure) are powerful things.  It takes a rational diagnosis to tell if you're hurt-
NO SERIOUSLY

You might actually be exacerbating damage by pushing through a pain.

Trust me, this is...  something hard for me to accept.  I'd love to push through anything.
I've got scars and a certain serious disfigurement to attest.
For me they're badges of sick pride.  Do you want to be marked forever?
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: February 01, 2016, 08:41:58 pm »

Yeah, the body is pretty good at minimizing less serious problems in the short term, at least on the surface, but you'll pay for it with interest afterward. Ignoring such things is pretty much never a good decision even if it doesn't seem like too much of an issue at the moment.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: February 01, 2016, 08:43:59 pm »

I can't believe I actually finished those.  I think I kept trying simply because the concept struck close to home, and because I've had somewhat better results confronting those lucid nightmares rather than trying to wake up.  Usually.
Well, I ended up dreaming about it. Ironically, it wasn't a lucid dream. Or, well, it wasn't one where I had full awareness despite knowing that I'm dreaming, so they couldn't actually get me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: February 01, 2016, 08:45:04 pm »

At least it's just my toe and not, say, the ankle I sprained a while ago. That seems to have mostly healed on its own.
I guess I will go to the doctor at some point in the not-too-distant future. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: February 01, 2016, 09:50:55 pm »

My need for rest is completely insatiable, 1 AM to 4 PM and i'm still struggling to wake up, and with less rest I can't operate during the day. I have no idea what to do.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: February 01, 2016, 10:01:40 pm »

I tried sleeping in 2-hour increments once.
It was fun experiment.
There were no nightmares!
Also, it very quickly drove me completely bonkers.
She/they

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: February 02, 2016, 01:45:50 am »

Huh, my hand is shaking. Just the right one, only to a minor degree, and only when I stop focusing on it. I can feel it being kinda shaky, but it stays stable as long as I'm using it.

Admittedly this is probably induced by the lack of sleep and the fact that I really haven't been eating as much as I should due to personal thing (that I posted in the sad thread a little while ago so it's not really personal now is it), but it's still kinda concerning.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: February 02, 2016, 06:37:01 am »

Are there any other symptoms that came up around the same time as you shaking hand? Stuff like ocasionally blurred vision, headaches, dizziness and all that stuff? Did you hit your head or fall down recently?

Its probably just your lack of sleep, but if you suffered a small accident or physical impact recently, it could be indicative of a concussion.
Its probably nothing if its just your hand shaking though :P

It was fun experiment.

While we know very little of how sleeping works still, having very short sleep intervals pretty much prevents you from having any REM sleep, meaning no nightmares, but no dreams either. Nobody knows the consequences of this, but chances are they're pretty bad, since you're basically eliminating a process your body goes through naturally every night :v

Anyway, I'm reading this one book on lucid dreaming a friend of mine recommended, and while I didn't exactly have lucid dreams today, I managed to recall about 4 different dreams I had today, in rather vivid detail, something which is rather rare for me. I'm thinking about starting a dream journal, since apparently thats a pretty big step in achieving lucid dreams. I also slept a little earlier, meaning I'm less tired today.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 06:46:59 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: February 02, 2016, 06:58:18 am »

It was fun experiment.

While we know very little of how sleeping works still, having very short sleep intervals pretty much prevents you from having any REM sleep, meaning no nightmares, but no dreams either. Nobody knows the consequences of this, but chances are they're pretty bad, since you're basically eliminating a process your body goes through naturally every night :v

IIRC studies show that if you don't get REM sleep, you don't get the benefits of sleeping.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1419