Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783828 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #15675 on: February 24, 2016, 08:02:00 am »

OH SHIT IT'S A MINUTE PAST MY BEDTIME AND I'M NOT IN MY PYJAMAS

I THOUGHT I STILL HAD A GOOD 15 MINUTES OR SO AT LEAST

TIME TO PANIIIIIIIIIIICCCC
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15676 on: February 24, 2016, 09:03:24 am »

FUCKING THUNDERSTORM

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15677 on: February 25, 2016, 06:04:46 am »

I think I have destroyed a relationship via the use of a single superfluous exclamation mark. Whoops.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #15678 on: February 25, 2016, 06:07:49 am »

I think I have destroyed a relationship via the use of a single superfluous exclamation mark. Whoops.
How does that even work!?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15679 on: February 25, 2016, 06:12:31 am »

I don't know. Actually it looks like I panicked too soon.
This human interaction stuff is hard.

Edit: I was just sitting back, relaxing and listening to SUNN O))) whilst browsing the internet, when suddenly what sounded like a faint, distorted version of the song that the ice cream truck that frequently drives past my house plays. That freaked me the fuck out, it was as though I couldn't focus on the sound well enough to tell what it was, and my brain became more and more convinced that that was what I was hearing.
Felt kinda unsettled for a while after that. Good stuff, great song.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:46:54 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #15680 on: February 27, 2016, 08:51:47 am »

Well, for my thing that made me absolutely terrified today, one of my younger brothers fell down a flight of stairs.

He's okay, luckily, mostly because it ended up being more of a slide/tumble than just falling, but, well, it was still bloody terrifying.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #15682 on: February 28, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »

Thanks Salmon. Wouldn't have remembered to check for the update myself.
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15683 on: February 28, 2016, 04:46:58 pm »

stairs
I used to overthink floors, sometimes.  I would be struck by the oddness of sleeping somewhere so high off the ground, suspended on such a thin layer of wood and plaster.
Oddly, I don't sleep comfortably without that.  Whether it be a 3rd story apartment in a complex, or upstairs room in a frat house with a door that barely closes.  Or my current situation.

But isn't it so unnatural to sleep while artificially suspended?  Eh, it's probably because I largely grew up on a bunk bed.  The human brain adapts.  It also learns.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15684 on: February 28, 2016, 09:32:41 pm »

Turned around to go into a hallway to refill my cup. Pretty big roach walks in the room as I turn. I freak out, because holy shit I hate insects as a whole, but roaches are something else. As in, I get physically ill when faced with one. Managed to kill it after emptying an entire can of poison on it, found it curled up dead under my bed. Not a nice end to the day.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #15685 on: February 29, 2016, 12:53:52 am »

Have a mildly entertaining creepypasta that I unintentionally found myself reading.

Last part of the story has been posted.
I was...disappointed to say the least (asylum background may be the bias here + my field of study) :-\ It is purely fictional since one who knows the historical context can see the modernized ideas bleeding into the in-between writing, but...those how those tools for narrative horror are what scares me more.

Mmm, the unknown. ._.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15686 on: February 29, 2016, 01:06:16 am »

An enormous spider somehow snuck into my bedroom. Even though I have a clear view of the the window and it is highly unlikely it came from inside my house. Either that or the window's sealing has gaps and it managed to crawl in and live here long enough to grow quite large.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15687 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:00 am »

Have a mildly entertaining creepypasta that I unintentionally found myself reading.

Last part of the story has been posted.
I was...disappointed to say the least (asylum background may be the bias here + my field of study) :-\ It is purely fictional since one who knows the historical context can see the modernized ideas bleeding into the in-between writing, but...those how those tools for narrative horror are what scares me more.

Mmm, the unknown. ._.

Yeah, it lost its edge like halfway through for me, but at that point I wasn't going to stop reading.

The main draw for me is I didn't know what I was getting into.  It was just some random link on Facebook.  I was like "Oh, ok... probably some interesting anecdotes about old insane asylums."  Then by page 3 I was like "Oh... yeah, ok so it's really a creepypasta.  Well played."
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 01:36:22 am by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15688 on: February 29, 2016, 12:51:57 pm »

A woman Islamist has decapitated 4 year old and carried the head around... in Moscow.

SFW
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3469266/Woman-charged-murder-brandishing-childs-severed-head-Moscow.html

Kinda terrifies me...
I have 4 year old brother and the image is too scary for me to think of..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #15689 on: February 29, 2016, 01:02:56 pm »

"I am a terrorist, I want your death," she can be heard screaming in heavily accented Russian in a rambling tirade in which she appears to criticise democracy and talk about the end of the world.
Investigators said they thought the woman had been working as a nanny for a Moscow family and had murdered a child in her care before setting fire to the family's flat and fleeing.
The child was three or four years old, they said.
"Given the clearly deranged behaviour of the detainee, investigators swiftly ordered her to undergo psychiatric tests to establish whether she is capable of understanding the significance of her actions," Moscow's investigative committee said in a statement.
News agencies cited an unnamed police source as saying the woman appeared to have been under the influence of psychotropic drugs.
Immigration authorities told media the woman was from the former Soviet republic of Uzbekistan and had been working in Moscow illegally.

WREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pages: 1 ... 1044 1045 [1046] 1047 1048 ... 1419