Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783364 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #17625 on: March 18, 2017, 06:51:02 pm »

Playing 3DS with the 3D on, which is kind of an exercise because it's the very first edition 3DS and it kind of sucks, but dammit I want to enjoy this feature of the console.

Suddenly focused on my own face reflected in the screen, and thought I was in a creepypasta.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17626 on: March 29, 2017, 02:02:08 am »

Went to go to a lecture, found another class in the theatre and no-one I know anywhere nearby. After a few minutes of panicking, I realised I'd gone an hour early. Why must my brain do this to me?

Slightly less viscerally, I have forgotten both my novel and my headphones. Today might be very long.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17627 on: March 29, 2017, 03:28:59 am »

The Russian efforts to replace Satan have again been delayed. Satan 2 could not be launched for a test, because of technical difficulties. The important test has now been postponed until summer. Satan 2 has been facing setbacks in development ever since 2015.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17628 on: March 29, 2017, 03:44:13 am »

Greatt, now I'm googleing 'Russia Satan'. Maybe it'll at least increase my employment chances in the think tank sector.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17629 on: March 29, 2017, 03:53:16 am »

It is how the NATO call the Russian Sarmat ballistic missiles. The Sarmat 2, currently in development, is a MIRV missile that contains about 10 nuclear missiles, each, according to Russia, with enough force to obliterate an area the size of France / Texas. They packed them in a MIRV to make it more difficult for the US missile shields to intercept them, moreso because it also carries many decoy warheads.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 03:58:39 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17630 on: March 29, 2017, 11:25:03 am »

Obliterate an area the size of texas? What do they put in those bombs, antimatter?
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17631 on: March 29, 2017, 11:29:38 am »

Propagandium.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #17632 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:57 am »

Obliterate an area the size of texas? What do they put in those bombs, antimatter?

I assume they mean the entire MIRV missile. Which, thanks to scatter, isn't impossible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17633 on: March 29, 2017, 11:51:51 am »

Even with ten bombs, it wouldn't cover the whole area of texas, certainly not to the point of "obliteration".

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17634 on: March 29, 2017, 11:58:05 am »

You can't exactly obliterate an area the size of texas with a blast, me think they prob mean the resulting devastation of the nuclear aftermath, which could possibly fuck up an area the size of texas. The actual blast wave would be much, much smaller.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17635 on: March 29, 2017, 12:02:40 pm »

It would seem that my definition of the word Obliterate involves less radiation sickness and cancer and more nuclear hellfire turning the landscape into charcoal.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17636 on: March 29, 2017, 12:05:53 pm »

Nah, it's propagandium alright. The 'size of France / Texas' statement did refer to a single warhead and was made by Zvezda, the news agency of the Russian ministry of Defense.

The Satan 1 also has 10 warheads. During the height of the cold war, some were fitted with 25 Megaton warheads (1700 times the strenght of the Heroshima bomb), making them the strongest nuclear weapon of that time, which prompted NATO to nickname them Satan. They have been scaled down to hold warheads of 'only' one Megaton as part of the disarmament agreements between Russia and the US.
The Russians still have 46 of the old Satans, and wanted to have them all replaced by Satan 2 missiles by 2018, but with the current setback (which isn't the first), it is unsure if this goal will be met.

http://russianforces.org/blog/2017/01/is_sarmat_program_in_trouble.shtml

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17637 on: March 29, 2017, 01:22:37 pm »

You can't exactly obliterate an area the size of texas with a blast, me think they prob mean the resulting devastation of the nuclear aftermath, which could possibly fuck up an area the size of texas. The actual blast wave would be much, much smaller.

(You're right though) (Also screw fixing the transparency for a shitpost)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #17638 on: March 29, 2017, 03:39:16 pm »

That's a lot of trouble just to kill Trump.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17639 on: March 30, 2017, 11:04:42 am »

I remember once trying to calculate how much of the surface area of Australia could be actually incinerated by US nuclear weapons. I ended up estimating between 1/3 and 1/2 of all land in Australia could be caught in the direct blast (which, it occured to me latter, is probably wildly unnecessary given how freaking empty Australia is; this would be only useful if Australia was overrun by mutant fungus or something).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now
Pages: 1 ... 1174 1175 [1176] 1177 1178 ... 1419