Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1782776 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #18720 on: May 21, 2018, 12:33:46 pm »

Needles are the entire reason I don't like dental procedures.  Ordinary injections are bad enough, but injections in my mouth feel ten times more wrong.

Incidentally, the dentist kind of screwed that up during my wisdom tooth extraction.  I didn't have to go to an oral surgeon to have them cut out, since they grew in straight, and she just pulled them like normal teeth.  That meant local injections (like a dozen...).

Now, the fun part is that she did that, then left to allow the anesthesia to kick in.  Okay, fine.  Worst part over.

Time goes by.

More time goes by.

20 minutes.

30 minutes.

40 minutes.

When she finally gets back, the anesthetic has started to wear off, so she had to do it again on the third and fourth teeth...
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #18721 on: May 21, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »

I wonder how often she burns her food trying to cook :v
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18722 on: May 22, 2018, 12:27:38 am »

My blood type is "B positive" which is at least, the least terrifying sounding blood type.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18723 on: May 22, 2018, 03:03:33 am »

My blood type is "B positive" which is at least, the least terrifying sounding blood type.
Why you no get A+? Very disappointed!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: May 22, 2018, 05:04:20 am »

Heh, I've got B+ too. Only reason I remember is because I think it's kinda funny. Y'know, what with the depression and all.

"Be positive!" Ayy, fuck you too, blood!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18725 on: May 22, 2018, 05:21:07 am »

I have no idea what my blood type is. I'll have to check once the results get back.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18726 on: May 22, 2018, 05:24:26 am »

What makes you think it will be there?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: May 22, 2018, 05:37:03 am »

O negative over here.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: May 22, 2018, 05:44:18 am »

IDK, seems like something that would be included on a medical report. Test is for liver enzymes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: May 22, 2018, 06:29:06 am »

IDK, seems like something that would be included on a medical report. Test is for liver enzymes.
It won't be there. You don't get any result unless it's specifically asked for.  So you'll get liver and at most a fbc, depending on what was requested

(there wouldn't be any point on doing routine blood groups anyway)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: May 22, 2018, 03:52:15 pm »

Haha... may have just made myself late by typing up the bizarre dream I just had instead of starting to get ready for work.
It was a pretty great one, though. I'll probably tidy it up and share it here later on, assuming I have the energy to do so once I get home.

Also I woke up with a bit of a cold. Probably not quite bad enough to call in sick over (and I don't much like doing that anyway) but I hope it doesn't get worse. Took some medicine for it and (what I assume must be) the placebo effect has me feeling better already. We'll see. At least, it soothed my sore throat- I guess that makes sense, actually.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18731 on: May 22, 2018, 04:06:11 pm »

Knowing your blood type, and carrying a card in your wallet which lists it, can save your life in cases where there's no time or means to test your blood type for a transfusion.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18732 on: May 22, 2018, 06:49:55 pm »

Knowing your blood type, and carrying a card in your wallet which lists it, can save your life in cases where there's no time or means to test your blood type for a transfusion.
Won't they just give you O negative blood if you're in an accident and they don't know your blood type?
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: May 22, 2018, 08:51:22 pm »

Yeah, but because of that, O Negative blood's always running out.

We can fix that either of two ways.

- everyone have blood donor/type cards in their wallets, to save time on testing and ensure the right blood is used

OR

- kidnap Hanslanda and his family, and hook them up to a permanent blood draining machine to serve as a supply for the rest of us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18734 on: May 22, 2018, 09:01:13 pm »

Yeah, but because of that, O Negative blood's always running out.

We can fix that either of two ways.

- everyone have blood donor/type cards in their wallets, to save time on testing and ensure the right blood is used

OR

- kidnap Hanslanda and his family, and hook them up to a permanent blood draining machine to serve as a supply for the rest of us.

OR

Invent a way to analyze and detect what that blood type is within a reasonable time in an emergency and with near perfect accuracy.
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1419