Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1784753 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19095 on: July 26, 2018, 04:58:15 am »

I'll be 40 in slightly over a month and now I'm in love like a giddy teenager.  :o
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: July 26, 2018, 06:46:41 am »

I can't really think of anything to be terrified of right now, but I'm glad that daft derail finally ended.

Oh! I guess there's the numbness in my left hand that I posted about some pages back. It's still a thing, I got some scans done about two weeks ago, but I haven't gotten around to calling about the results yet. Whoops.

Oh yeah, and that bizarrely-acquired infected wound on the inside of my lip eventually cleared up on its own, after all. Hooray for procrastination!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: July 26, 2018, 07:06:07 am »

I'll be 40 in slightly over a month and now I'm in love like a giddy teenager.  :o

How does that make you terrified? The misery of living without love for however long one might be unfortunate enough to survive - now that's terrifying.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: July 26, 2018, 07:09:17 am »

-

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: July 28, 2018, 11:21:57 am »

I kissed her for the fist time yesterday night under a bloodmoon. She didn't turn and devour me, and we're going out again tonight. Still terrified though, that I might wake up and find it was all a dream.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 11:24:44 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: July 28, 2018, 11:32:59 am »

I kissed her for the fist time yesterday night under a bloodmoon. She didn't turn and devour me, and we're going out again tonight. Still terrified though, that I might wake up and find it was all a dream.
And then you find out that she was just a rabbit wearing a wig the entire time.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: July 28, 2018, 12:51:08 pm »

I don't mean to panic you, but I'm pretty sure that means one or both of you is in fact a werewolf.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: July 28, 2018, 12:57:25 pm »

I don't mean to panic you, but I'm pretty sure that means one or both of you is in fact a werewolf.

Splitting the difference, you're both probably wererabbits now.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: July 28, 2018, 01:37:33 pm »

Splitting the difference, you're both probably wererabbits now.

The wererabbit Martinuzz has come! A well-known dorf twisted into rabbit form. He is crazed for LOVE.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: July 28, 2018, 01:40:32 pm »

How difficult this must be for you. I shall hold you in my thoughts and pray that nothing else wonderful happens.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19105 on: July 29, 2018, 08:10:23 am »

Ptw
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: July 30, 2018, 09:07:54 am »

I just moved, and taking the walk to uni today for the first time from here I was surrounded by a pack of stray dogs. They consisted of 1 comically small dog, 1 large pitbull with a chain around his neck, and 2 run of the mill scruffy looking mutts. They all started running towards me when they saw me, so I just held my hand out and told them all to stop as loudly as I could. They all stopped and started barking at me. I kept my hand out and they surrounded me and followed at about 4 feet away me barking the whole time for another 5 or so blocks. Kinda terrifying. Hell of a way to start the day.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19107 on: July 30, 2018, 09:09:12 am »

Get that morning adrenaline, nothing like it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: July 30, 2018, 09:33:47 am »

I just moved, and taking the walk to uni today for the first time from here I was surrounded by a pack of stray dogs. They consisted of 1 comically small dog, 1 large pitbull with a chain around his neck, and 2 run of the mill scruffy looking mutts. They all started running towards me when they saw me, so I just held my hand out and told them all to stop as loudly as I could. They all stopped and started barking at me. I kept my hand out and they surrounded me and followed at about 4 feet away me barking the whole time for another 5 or so blocks. Kinda terrifying. Hell of a way to start the day.

The most important thing to remember if you're attacked by dogs is to not do that. Generally strays won't attack you if you're aware, adult, and don't appear timid, injured, or otherwise vulnerable.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: July 30, 2018, 09:35:49 am »

Not to do what? And expand on this. It might end up fairly relevant for me.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1419