Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781757 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19605 on: December 20, 2018, 08:45:51 am »

Nothing terrible will come out of drinking distilled water. It's just lacking minerals, but she's probably getting those from elsewhere in her diet.
Hypotonicity? I mean, you'd probably have to drink a lot.
Cleeeeeeeaaanse...

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19606 on: December 22, 2018, 12:54:27 pm »

Today I learned that my home has Brown Recluse Spiders! I learned this because my mother was bitten by one on Monday, and there's a horrible mess of flesh where it bit her (She didn't go to the ER, because neither I nor my sister were at home to make her go, but she sent a picture to her doctor and they identified it as looking very clearly like a Brown Recluse bite). Apparently, their venom is necrotizing. And they're in our apartment! Just, hanging out on the cobwebs in the corner. I wonder if my late cat kept them at bay.

Ordinarily, I'm very lenient on spiders, since they kill bugs and an enemy of my enemy is nothing if not useful. But necrotizing spiders may have to go.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19607 on: December 22, 2018, 06:45:18 pm »

Can't you fumigate your apartment/house?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19608 on: December 22, 2018, 07:00:52 pm »

Can't you COMMENCE EXTERMINATUS on your apartment/house?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19609 on: December 22, 2018, 07:12:47 pm »

Can't you COMMENCE EXTERMINATUS on your apartment/house?
Well yeah that was more the sentiment.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #19610 on: December 22, 2018, 08:13:57 pm »

It probably wont help for long; theyre a wandering spider iirc, and this time of year theyre all looking for a place to hide, so more will show up.

But yeah, cats are surprisingly great at killing spiders without getting bitten, somehow. Also theyre cute. Get a cat.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19611 on: December 22, 2018, 08:31:37 pm »

Cats are parasite riddled sociopathic serial killers that'd rather bite your throat out than get petted.

But they ARE cute.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #19612 on: December 22, 2018, 08:36:59 pm »

Cats are ... sociopathic serial killers ...

Well, when you keep an animal around to kill things for you, this is a desirable trait. Cats are death on four legs, and that's why we domesticated them in the first place.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19613 on: December 22, 2018, 09:04:53 pm »

I always assumed that cats domesticated humans.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19615 on: December 23, 2018, 04:56:55 pm »

I always assumed that cats domesticated humans dorfs.

FTFY

Bay12 humans perhaps, since we're the closest thing to dorfs a cat would be able to find

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19616 on: December 28, 2018, 05:37:13 pm »

We went to a new (bloody expensive) Indian restaurant today, and got to chatting with the owner about food and India. When we were finished with the meal, he asked me to leave my phone number and he'd call me over next time they made lamb biryani and show me the basics... And I actually wrote down my phone number on the notepad provided.

The Hell have I gotten myself into now?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19617 on: December 28, 2018, 05:52:49 pm »

We went to a new (bloody expensive) Indian restaurant today, and got to chatting with the owner about food and India. When we were finished with the meal, he asked me to leave my phone number and he'd call me over next time they made lamb biryani and show me the basics... And I actually wrote down my phone number on the notepad provided.

The Hell have I gotten myself into now?

This sidequest might seem like a waste of time, but I think it adds some pretty great flavor.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19618 on: December 28, 2018, 09:06:01 pm »

My son just got violently ill. He was crying then threw up on my hand and the floor.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19619 on: December 28, 2018, 09:14:38 pm »

Got to E.R. ASAP. I hope he get's better, keep us posted.
Pages: 1 ... 1306 1307 [1308] 1309 1310 ... 1419