Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1774594 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19710 on: January 23, 2019, 05:45:03 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:40:06 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19711 on: January 27, 2019, 06:58:23 am »

Bloody hell, my anxiety just does not let up these days.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19712 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:15 am »

Double-posting because I have a new Terror and I feel it is frightening enough to warrant a new post.

If any of y'all with medical knowledge would like to chip in and offer suggestions as to whether I should chill out and calm down or raise my current state of freaked-outness into a full-blown panic, that'd be swell.

I hope blood doesn't leak out of my face as I sleep and ruin my mattress. :-\

Edit: I think perhaps it's trench both.
I looked through a bunch of unsettling images via Google and a lot of them feature similar black gooey bits to what appears to be going on in my mouth.

The one thing none of these articles seem to mention is what to do if your mouth-bleed symptom reaches the point of ridiculousness like this has.
Oh, tell my dentist? Sure, yeah I'll get 'em on the pho-- my dentist?! What kind of bourgeois, 1%-er bullshit is going on in these so-called health websites?!? I don't have a bloody dentist! In this country unless you're rich af you're lucky if the waiting list to see a trainee dentist clocks in at less than a year. ::)

I don't wanna go bugging my GP for some silly dental issue, much less barging into the ER about it. That said, drooling a bunch of viscous bloody every time I open my mouth for the foreseeable future doesn't sound terribly pleasant, either...

Argh, I wish all the other shit that keeps me perpetually stressed out would just BACK OFF for a while so I can focus on preserving/improving my health. Physical and mental.
They've both been racing each other down the toilet lately.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:25:26 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19713 on: January 27, 2019, 09:19:35 am »

All I can say is that you should probably still see a dentist, rather than a GP, and you should probably see them soon.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19714 on: January 27, 2019, 09:23:04 am »

All I can say is that you should probably still see a dentist, rather than a GP, and you should probably see them soon.
I *strongly* disagree. I think first of all you need a full blood count and a coag at the very least. And you should do it soon. As in, I dont know your exact circumstances, and as usual it's nigh impossible to remotedly assess someone. But I'd consider sudden onset bleeding gums a VERY good reason to head to ED. As in, if I was called by a GP right now saying the exact same things you're saying, I'd tell him to refer whoever was suffering from that to ED to get assessed, because I'd rather deal with an overreaction/false alarm than missing out on something more serious
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 09:25:17 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #19715 on: January 27, 2019, 09:23:35 am »

Oh, good to know! Thank you for chipping in, then.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19716 on: January 27, 2019, 09:55:47 am »

IIRC Poo is a medical professional so go see a doctor like right now Yoink.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19717 on: January 27, 2019, 10:21:33 am »

It's 2am here but I guess I'll do that as soon as I get a bit of sleep.
Ugggghh I had enough stuff on my plate today already :'(

Thanks for the responses and information, guys!
Booze is Life for Yoink

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19718 on: January 27, 2019, 03:07:51 pm »

I agree with chair. Doctor first and then maybe dentist. Specially if you haven't had pain.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19719 on: January 27, 2019, 04:05:59 pm »

Oh, that sounds horrible. I'd give advice, but the sensible option has already been proposed.

I hope it's nothing too bad. Keep us posted on how it turns out.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19720 on: January 27, 2019, 04:58:30 pm »

Fuck it, rip 'em all out and get some titanium dentures made up, in whatever style you like!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19721 on: January 27, 2019, 05:35:50 pm »

I personally went with the Tiger Shark design. My tongue is scarred to hell but you should watch me eat a whole chicken.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19722 on: January 27, 2019, 06:02:24 pm »

I personally went with the Tiger Shark design. My tongue is scarred to hell but you should watch me eat a whole chicken.
Dentists Fuckin' Everyone Hates Him!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19723 on: January 27, 2019, 10:03:00 pm »

For classic James Bond fans, I recommend the Jaws design. Useful if you find yourself needing to bite through thick steel cables.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19724 on: January 31, 2019, 01:00:04 am »

Apparently, instead of doing anything that might in some way help me in my efforts to improve my mental health and by extension my employability, my employment agency has decided to book me into yet another series of these group appointments that tend to leave me panicked, traumatised and emotionally exhausted all at once.

This one's a "retail course". What, exactly, is a retail course supposed to teach me? ??? What little work experience I have is mostly retail. All you need to learn for any given job is the quirks of your particular workplace and how to operate whatever POS (Piece Of Shit) system they use.
My inability to get a job is purely due to mental illness, not any lack of technical ability. Mental illness which these toolbags seem bent on making worse.
I swear, most of them seem like they've never even looked at my file, let alone wondered as to why I am unemployed.

On a happier note, I called up the head-shrinkers I was referred to last year (after not having heard from them since) and learned that I do have a set date for my appointment with them. Yay.
Now I just have to make it through the impending onslaught of stress resulting from this daft "course" being piled on top of my existing obligations and get through my birthday month without accidentally stepping in front of any trucks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 1313 1314 [1315] 1316 1317 ... 1419