Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1782233 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19785 on: April 10, 2019, 09:09:06 pm »

There has to be a better way!
That does sound anxiety-inducing though.
I think I heard a distant thump, but definitely heard my window shudder next to me.  It was slight but unlike anything I'd experienced since moving here, so I turned on the radio.  About half an hour later they announced a gas line exploded downtown.  It was struct by some workers laying fiber optic cable, probably.  One person is dead, several are in critical condition.

I wasn't really terrified, but it was concerning.  A few months ago I regularly went to (a different part of) downtown for Pokestops, particularly after giving my housemate a ride to work.  I not-so-narrowly avoided hearing an explosion.  the horror.

...It's kinda creepy though, and tragic.  A coffee house is literally a pile of rubble now.  Considering it happened at 10AM, many more people nearly died.  ...Several still might.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JBramhall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19786 on: April 11, 2019, 07:55:37 am »

Man, I haven't been on the forums for a long time, since just after OW was banned but I've come back. Well, my Doc has shoved me on meds that 6 years ago had me hospitalized after a... I guess a mood spiral that ended with an attempt to end it all. Now I'm back on them and he's trying to say I'm not bipolar, never mind 2 different psychological evaluations have said I was... So I'm up at 1am when I start work in 6 hours, unable to sleep for the second night in a row since he prescribed me them for fear that this time I won't make my next birthday.
It's said that love is a battlefield. And knowing is half the battle. And forewarned is forearmed. And fourarmed is half an octopus. Therefore, knowing about future love is a skirmish between two half-octopus Battle Chimeras. And that's alright.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19787 on: April 11, 2019, 08:27:16 am »

Man, I haven't been on the forums for a long time, since just after OW was banned but I've come back. Well, my Doc has shoved me on meds that 6 years ago had me hospitalized after a... I guess a mood spiral that ended with an attempt to end it all. Now I'm back on them and he's trying to say I'm not bipolar, never mind 2 different psychological evaluations have said I was... So I'm up at 1am when I start work in 6 hours, unable to sleep for the second night in a row since he prescribed me them for fear that this time I won't make my next birthday.
Get yerself another doctor.

Or ask for different meds. I have to do that for certain nausea medications because its collateral effect of "mild agitation" actually results in me going into a frenzy for about 4 hours.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19788 on: April 12, 2019, 12:21:24 am »

Get yerself another doctor.

Absolutely. This one is either incompetent or a pharma shill, neither of which are okay for someone who attempted suicide.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19789 on: April 13, 2019, 11:02:34 pm »

Absolutely. This one is either incompetent or a pharma shill, neither of which are okay
ftfy

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19790 on: April 14, 2019, 04:58:41 am »

I will not give an opinion about someone's professional behavior  when I'm just going on by hearsay and I lack expertise in the relevant field

I will not give an opinion about someone's professional behavior  when I'm just going on by hearsay and I lack expertise in the relevant field

ftfy
Ftfy
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19791 on: April 14, 2019, 05:19:21 pm »

A better approach would be to seek an informed second opinion.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19792 on: April 15, 2019, 06:45:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:47 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #19793 on: April 15, 2019, 08:40:45 am »

Are you mad? It's a liberals wet dream. It's free money. Poor people paying the capitalists for the privilege if having a society. Republicans fucking eat that shit up.
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19794 on: April 15, 2019, 09:02:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:51 pm by dragdeler »
let

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19795 on: May 25, 2019, 11:48:28 am »

Friend set me up for a job interview that's probably happening on monday. Aside from the general anxiety those cause there's also the issue that somebody reccomended me, and if I fuck up it's not just another job opportunity gone but rather me making a friend look kinda bad. So that's fun :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19796 on: May 30, 2019, 04:49:54 am »

I'm being held accountable for a 100$ cash debt. Is not mine, and in any case I would only be for 25$ because it was something shared but still, at any rate I don't have either 25 or 100 cash. I'm shitting my pants because they'll show up latter today to "collect it or else". I don't know what to make of it, never had this kind of problem before, nor will I have it again, if I survive the day anyway.

This is a more proper thread.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19797 on: May 30, 2019, 06:19:39 am »

That just sounds like thug extortion. What's the debt supposed to be for? Any idea who racked it up?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19798 on: May 30, 2019, 07:50:25 am »

That just sounds like thug extortion. What's the debt supposed to be for? Any idea who racked it up?
A remodelation at the office which is not mine to beging with. It's so many troubles now here that I'm thinking at quiting before leaving the cou try.

I'm here with my hearth pounding and all sweaty and afraid  genuinely afraid, more so than usual anyway. Is not my fault the guy is not being paid but since I was the one who contacted him and was there the whole construction process I'm held for the debt and also the boss held me as responsable for the bad quality of the job, part of the reason why she's not paying the last 100$ I think.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 07:54:35 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19799 on: May 30, 2019, 08:05:09 am »

A remodelation at the office which is not mine to beging with. It's so many troubles now here that I'm thinking at quiting before leaving the cou try.

I'm here with my hearth pounding and all sweaty and afraid  genuinely afraid, more so than usual anyway. Is not my fault the guy is not being paid but since I was the one who contacted him and was there the whole construction process I'm held for the debt and also the boss held me as responsable for the bad quality of the job, part of the reason why she's not paying the last 100$ I think.

Welcome to businesses. It's never the people at the top's responsibility, even when it's their fault (almost always). They find someone lower to punish for their own mistakes.
Pages: 1 ... 1318 1319 [1320] 1321 1322 ... 1419