Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1776284 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19800 on: May 30, 2019, 10:35:32 am »

That just sounds like thug extortion. What's the debt supposed to be for? Any idea who racked it up?
A remodelation at the office which is not mine to beging with. It's so many troubles now here that I'm thinking at quiting before leaving the cou try.

I'm here with my hearth pounding and all sweaty and afraid  genuinely afraid, more so than usual anyway. Is not my fault the guy is not being paid but since I was the one who contacted him and was there the whole construction process I'm held for the debt and also the boss held me as responsable for the bad quality of the job, part of the reason why she's not paying the last 100$ I think.

Welcome to businesses. It's never the people at the top's responsibility, even when it's their fault (almost always). They find someone lower to punish for their own mistakes.
Since is raining they are not going to come today. I'm trying frantically to explain I only work here, no, I don't own anything here. Im just an employee and transmited the information, they told me to tell the guy that he was beimg paid wensday, is not my fault they didn't.

I worked 10 years in big companies before, never had this kind of issue. Don't know what to do. I'm afraid because this has become sort of wild west and everyday people are killed for way less than 100$ and virtually 100% murder cases are left unresolved.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 10:42:57 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #19801 on: May 31, 2019, 03:10:14 am »

I think my GPU just died. Screen goes all wonky when I try to play games, browse the web, or even just move a window around. Anything from going black, gray, white, or just unintelligible blocky noise. Sometimes the screen recovers with a AMD driver having stopped responding etc. Sometimes it recovers with a third of the screen wrapped around.

Uninstalling the drivers work, so I at least can browse the web and do work under the Standard VGA Graphics Adapter.

On the flip side, DF seems to still run without drivers, so there's at least one game I can play.

Yay, 1400x1050 resolution. My favorite. :-\
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19802 on: May 31, 2019, 03:20:41 am »

I just watched Doctor Phil's interview with Zachary Davis. Part of it, at least... it was enough to freak out most anyone.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19803 on: May 31, 2019, 05:28:14 am »

So the boss said. Yeah, we own the guy those 100$. Yeah I told you to tell him we were paying him wensday. But we aren't. And now that you told him to wait for friday is your problem because I didn't tell you to say that....

WTF. Please lady just pay the man, I told him till friday because you were supposed to pay him wednesday and you didnt! Is not my debt and I'm under threat of violence or worse because of it!!!

Worst thing is she bougth up a lot of stuff and payed 50$ in front of me, all while talking about buying a 3000$ car because she definitely needs another one because 1 car is not enough because reasons....

Fuck I'm going to quit rigth after the money is paid. Don't want thugs harassing me at home too.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #19804 on: May 31, 2019, 12:10:38 pm »

Had a terrifying dream where I was running away from my mom's pet cobra.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #19805 on: May 31, 2019, 10:28:04 pm »

I had a nightmare where LordBaal made a thread (either in General Discussion or Life Advice) about how he's gonna be buried alive in a pit, presumably by the mob. In it, he said that they were sealing off the top of the pit with concrete so that he dies of oxygen deprivation.

Even before the nightmare proper, there was this constant stream of thoughts stating that no one should care about me, not even especially Bay12. The argument that was put forward was that I'm not 'worth it' -- that I'm not worth the time that you're wasting when you respond to my posts. I don't can't know if it's true, and that scares me. I might give context in the Sad thread, I might not. It's basically a repeat of what I've said before, though.

If I could, I'd just stop taking stimulants so that I could get rid of these awful nightmares, but those damned things let me function. On holidays, though, the extra 'energy' from the stimulants gets converted to what I can only describe as anxiety. I tried to sleep in that state, and it manifested as a nightmare, hence this whole post.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19806 on: June 01, 2019, 05:58:56 am »

I had a nightmare where LordBaal made a thread (either in General Discussion or Life Advice) about how he's gonna be buried alive in a pit, presumably by the mob. In it, he said that they were sealing off the top of the pit with concrete so that he dies of oxygen deprivation.

Even before the nightmare proper, there was this constant stream of thoughts stating that no one should care about me, not even especially Bay12. The argument that was put forward was that I'm not 'worth it' -- that I'm not worth the time that you're wasting when you respond to my posts. I don't can't know if it's true, and that scares me. I might give context in the Sad thread, I might not. It's basically a repeat of what I've said before, though.

If I could, I'd just stop taking stimulants so that I could get rid of these awful nightmares, but those damned things let me function. On holidays, though, the extra 'energy' from the stimulants gets converted to what I can only describe as anxiety. I tried to sleep in that state, and it manifested as a nightmare, hence this whole post.

Holly fuck... now I'm extra scared! Although that would be really expensive to do and apart from the terror of being buried alive at the end oxigen deprivation seems like just passing out and never waking up.

The standard method here is shoot at.

And yes please, leave the stimulants at least for a while.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19807 on: June 01, 2019, 08:32:41 am »

[...] oxigen deprivation seems like just passing out and never waking up.
Not if the CO2 poisoning (hypercapnia) has anything to say about it. Headache, disorientation, panic, hyperventilation, and convulsions before you reach the unconscious state.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 08:38:26 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19808 on: June 01, 2019, 12:51:27 pm »

My wife is going to the hospital in an ambulance.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19809 on: June 01, 2019, 12:54:00 pm »

My wife is going to the hospital in an ambulance.

Whoa, ok, hope its nothing serious! Let us know how everything turns out, we're here for you :(
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19810 on: June 01, 2019, 02:12:01 pm »

Kepp us posted hans.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19811 on: June 01, 2019, 04:56:57 pm »

So far all I know is it might be a gall bladder issue. They won't let me go there with an infant cuz ya know. MRSA and shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19812 on: June 01, 2019, 05:51:30 pm »

They have to remove her gall bladder tomorrow morning due to large amounts of gallstones.
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19813 on: June 01, 2019, 07:14:37 pm »

They have to remove her gall bladder tomorrow morning due to large amounts of gallstones.
Oh, that's kinda of a relieve. Not that is nothing serious, it is, but as long is not necrosed or something she should be fine. My mother got her's extracted many years ago, recovery was a bitch but only because she avoided surgery for so long the thing was dead and rotting inside of her when the pain wasn't tolerable anymore.

I hope she gets well soon hans, my family prayers will be with your's.

PD. Those kind of stones hurts like hellfire. Be supportive of her!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19814 on: June 03, 2019, 08:51:51 am »

Yeah, that's the major drawback to stimulants. Also, not sleeping. You might want to avoid outside stimulants like caffeine, cocaine, and chocolate while you're on your meds.

Edited to add: also, probably avoid allergy medications (other than the old types, like benadryl). Last time I got a medicinal interaction with those, I had a 10-hour long panic attack. Not recommended.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2019, 02:35:41 pm by Iduno »
Pages: 1 ... 1319 1320 [1321] 1322 1323 ... 1419