Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1777258 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19815 on: June 03, 2019, 10:17:05 am »

As far as I can tell, those meds were the only stimulants that I consumed that day. Then again, I did listen to Death Grips beforehand, so that may have caused the nightmare. Why I willingly subject myself to Death Grips is an entirely different story. It certainly sounds like stimulant-induced hell. That probably has something to do with it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #19816 on: June 04, 2019, 11:47:39 am »

-
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 11:19:15 pm by Eschar »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19817 on: June 06, 2019, 09:23:42 pm »

A coworker came back a few days ago. I thought from vacation, until I talked to her. Apparently shortly before I started working again, a machine malfunctioned, and a shaft blew off and hit her, and she's been in the hospital for almost two months. It's broken a few times before, I've been told, but this is the first someone's gotten injured from it.

And I just found out today that my brother was injured at work. I'm not clear on details yet, but someone lost control of a very high pressure water hose.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19818 on: June 07, 2019, 05:16:20 pm »

Well, just came home from a lecture by a post-doc who also happens to be Jewish about religious persecution, prejudice, etc, etc.

Dude argued, very effectively I might add, that Bolsonaro is pretty much Hitler-tier bad, being worse than Netanyahu, Orban or Duterte (and certainly more than Trump). He also argued that currentyear Brasil is extremely reminiscent of the political mood in the Weimar Republic during Hitler's rise to power.

To do that he showed that Bolsonaro has outright said some of the same things Hitler did, only he was even more explicit because Hitler at least added a layer of ambiguity to his speeches while the Pocket Monster does not. He talked how people are not just spontaneously protesting (which used to happen in the 90s) when minorities are treated like trash. There was a speech, which I actually watched a video of and that the lecturer quoted, where Mr. Current President described a black person using arrobas, which are an antiquated unit of weight from the slavery period.

So I'd like to propose this to 'murrican b12ers: I'd like to buy your Trump, because its better than this shit.

Also I really need to keep tabs on which countries accept polytical asylum in case things go *real* bad. 'Cuz "Reds should go to jail and be tortured" is an actual quote from the Bozo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19819 on: June 07, 2019, 06:46:39 pm »

Part of the debt was payed. Still used as intermediary. 65$ remaining. Can't wait for this shit to be over. At least, I think is clear my legs don't have to be broken because I think I finally explained myself successfully that I'm just the guy that sometimes literlaly swipe the floors, a simple worker there.

Hate being the intermediary of this.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19820 on: June 10, 2019, 07:51:48 am »

Wtf that one old friend I've been meaning to catch up with for ages and ages and ages just low-key called me out for never actually doing so. :o   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19821 on: June 10, 2019, 08:00:34 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19822 on: June 10, 2019, 08:31:18 pm »

Well Im being payed around 10$ per month, and in our local currency. Next payday is in 5 days, I guess is a matter of wait and see.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19823 on: July 03, 2019, 05:29:19 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:38 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19824 on: July 03, 2019, 12:29:51 pm »

I momentarily wished to kill myself.

Been there. How u feelin.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19825 on: July 11, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19826 on: July 12, 2019, 10:28:33 am »

You know when you got a serious flu and touching gets "intense"? Some would say it hurts... I caught myself having a fat grin and some euphoria slivering down my spine when I felt like weighing multiple times my weight; it's like some weird drug cocktail towards dissociative side of the spectrum.

I think I have an unhealthy relationship to pain.

Keep training until you can go super sayan.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19827 on: July 12, 2019, 11:26:48 am »

You know when you got a serious flu and touching gets "intense"? Some would say it hurts... I caught myself having a fat grin and some euphoria slivering down my spine when I felt like weighing multiple times my weight; it's like some weird drug cocktail towards dissociative side of the spectrum.

I think I have an unhealthy relationship to pain.
Is touching an euphemism for onanism?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19828 on: July 12, 2019, 05:36:09 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:39:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #19829 on: July 12, 2019, 05:46:02 pm »

lol no but it's not going to make this any better if I say that some'd describe the situation as feeling swollen. Just the flu you know, when you got 0 power and small movements tire you out.
You made it worserrer.....
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1320 1321 [1322] 1323 1324 ... 1419