Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1787995 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20205 on: February 27, 2020, 09:26:54 am »

[1338]
Damn it I ruined it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20206 on: February 27, 2020, 10:02:13 am »

People don't go around feeling 120% emotions every time they feel stuff. But they don't go around feeling empty either.

Yeah. Those are things I definitely don't do. Yep. *Walks away looking worried.*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20207 on: February 27, 2020, 10:26:46 am »

Is it normal to not feel any emotions for a few days?

Yes, but also no. It depends on what you mean by no emotions. People don't go around feeling 120% emotions every time they feel stuff. But they don't go around feeling empty either. Most people's everyday emotions are little, unnoticeable things.
So I could just not notice them? Ok

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20208 on: February 27, 2020, 03:39:41 pm »

I mean, do you feel concerned that you aren't having emotions?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20209 on: February 27, 2020, 03:43:28 pm »

yes, though concern is an emotion, so I guess I;m feeling emotion. Thanks

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #20210 on: February 28, 2020, 01:16:37 am »

yes, though concern is an emotion, so I guess I;m feeling emotion. Thanks

Keep us posted, if you would

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20211 on: February 28, 2020, 05:44:59 am »

Nah it's absolutely normal dude, you are probably a robot programed only with concern. Either buy the emotions DLC or try to get a bootleg expansion pack.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20212 on: February 28, 2020, 05:57:38 am »

Psh. 60 bucks for cosmetics? No thanks.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 08:09:48 am by delphonso »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20213 on: February 28, 2020, 08:06:29 am »

Nah it's absolutely normal dude, you are probably a robot programed only with concern. Either buy the emotions DLC or try to get a bootleg expansion pack.

I'd recommend shelling out for the full Emotions pack. You see, there's anti-pirating measures built-in if you try to circumvent the normal procedure: the illusion of normal emotions, but being constantly racked by the unshakeable feeling of purposelessness and worthlessness in an uncaring universe. It's a clever trick I gotta give'm that.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20214 on: February 28, 2020, 09:09:14 am »

Yeah, the free user-mod EmotionsHaveYou sounds good on paper but it's implemented as a hacky mess considering the system just wasn't built for it. IsFunny: YouLaughNow.

Although if you can afford to just keep getting the lootboxes you can get by and hardly miss the full emotions DLC.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20215 on: February 28, 2020, 10:23:18 am »

I have other emotions, they tend to be short lived though, example, reading the emotion DLC post made me think laughing, so happy. It’s just that I have short bursts of emotion amid a mostly emotionless plane of thought

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20216 on: February 28, 2020, 10:31:58 am »

I have other emotions, they tend to be short lived though, example, reading the emotion DLC post made me think laughing, so happy. It’s just that I have short bursts of emotion amid a mostly emotionless plane of thought

Have you tried getting into either science or engineering? It isn't a solution, but you've got a similar enough mindset.

Engineering is a great mind-bender, where there is probably a right answer for any question, given infinite time and resources. But engineers are looking for the local maximum/minimum given what resources, time, and information you have currently.

Mechanical Engineers get a bit less of that in exchange for more building things, relative to chemical or electrical engineers. Not sure which side of that you'd land on. There is also technically civil engineering, but that's...not the same thing.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20217 on: February 28, 2020, 12:46:42 pm »

reading the emotion DLC post made me think laughing, so happy.
New achievement: Success.

That was kinda the goal. But what you describe must be actually pretty neat. And in fact migth be the healthier way to live and the norm. I don't feel anythin specific all the time. Most of the time you go through the motions or are too busy on a task or goal that other people migth see you as abseny minded or grumpy or something like that
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20218 on: February 28, 2020, 02:07:27 pm »

It’s just that I have short bursts of emotion amid a mostly emotionless plane of thought

Yeah, that sounds... pretty par for the course, actually. There's not a whole lot of feeling that goes into day-to-day living-- by default you'll be in neutral most of the time.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20219 on: February 28, 2020, 02:33:28 pm »

Peace is a lie, there is only passion
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 1346 1347 [1348] 1349 1350 ... 1419