Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1778981 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20250 on: March 05, 2020, 07:04:06 am »

What is a jeopardy thread, Alex?

A thread where someone answers with a question.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20251 on: March 05, 2020, 07:19:55 am »

I'll take shitposts for 2000, Alex.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20252 on: March 05, 2020, 07:29:08 am »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20253 on: March 05, 2020, 01:37:19 pm »

Sister went in for surgery tommorrow, and while it's fairly routine and not terribly risky, the whole potential pandemic thing happening (as well as the local hospital being a hotspot of TBC cases) is slightly worrying since she's bound to be a bit weaker in the immune system area.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20254 on: March 05, 2020, 01:52:19 pm »

Sister went in for surgery tommorrow, and while it's fairly routine and not terribly risky, the whole potential pandemic thing happening (as well as the local hospital being a hotspot of TBC cases) is slightly worrying since she's bound to be a bit weaker in the immune system area.

Putting together a bunch of doctors who can help with various injuries and "shitty body doesn't work" problems is a good idea. Putting a bunch of sick people in one area with immunocompromised people really doesn't.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20255 on: March 05, 2020, 02:18:29 pm »

Putting together a bunch of doctors who can help with various injuries and "shitty body doesn't work" problems is a good idea. Putting a bunch of sick people in one area with immunocompromised people really doesn't.
You're right. What they should have is two different networks of hospitals, one for people who are sick and another for people who aren't
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20256 on: March 05, 2020, 02:37:57 pm »

You're right. What they should have is two different networks of hospitals, one for people who are sick and another for people who aren't
I think what Iduno means is that people who are more immunocompromised than others should be placed with those that aren't as immunocompromised. People can be sick with vrying degrees of immune system compromisation

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20257 on: March 05, 2020, 02:41:07 pm »

I think what Iduno means is that people who are more immunocompromised than others should be placed with those that aren't as immunocompromised. People can be sick with vrying degrees of immune system compromisation

Nah, ChairmanPoo got it. People on a bunch of antibiotics or otherwise weakened after surgery or injury should probably not be around sick people.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20258 on: March 05, 2020, 02:43:36 pm »

Nah, ChairmanPoo got it. People on a bunch of antibiotics or otherwise weakened after surgery or injury should probably not be around sick people.
Ah, ok. That makes sense. Sorry for assuming/guessing what you were saying

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20259 on: March 05, 2020, 04:03:00 pm »

Ah, ok. That makes sense. Sorry for assuming/guessing what you were saying

No problem.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20260 on: March 05, 2020, 04:16:42 pm »

I was being sarcastic.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20261 on: March 09, 2020, 03:07:58 pm »

My sister's partner nearly got crushed by an excavator at his job this morning. Got pinned between it and a wall, broke his collarbone. He's honestly lucky to be alive.

Rather scary how suddenly something like that could have killed him.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20262 on: March 09, 2020, 07:39:51 pm »

With a background in industrial enviroments I can atest to that. Is mindboggling how easy one can have a "stupid" dead. Just the right procedures going wrong or a tad of bad luck and squish you are. There's plenty of safety procedures for a reason, sometimes it only take someone to forgoe one or two to lose the same amount of fingers or worse.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 07:41:40 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20263 on: March 09, 2020, 08:00:52 pm »

I recall going through OSHA training to operate a lift at work. It was striking to me when the trainer said every rule in here is from a previous injury somewhere. We chuckled about things like building a platform out of ladders leaning off the lift, but other things like clearing the area procedure can be easily ignored and end with broken limbs or worse.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20264 on: March 09, 2020, 09:02:32 pm »

Might I recommend Forklift Driver Klaus to demonstrate how bloody dangerous forklifting can be
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 1349 1350 [1351] 1352 1353 ... 1419