Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781906 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20325 on: June 01, 2020, 10:15:04 am »

He already did. He tweeted that he had talked with president Modi about it, and that Modi was not very happy.
President Modi came with a statement much later that Trump is full of shit and that they didn't speak at all.
Lmao Trump is the keemstar of world leaders
who/what is keemstar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20326 on: June 01, 2020, 10:52:53 am »

who/what is keemstar?
Basically youtube drama, but the too long didn't watch of it all is he's some guy who became internet famous for stirring internet drama. Was generally infamous for claiming to be friends with everyone and speaking with everyone even if you had no contact, or he tweeted at you once. Clout chasing on crack

The parallels between another drama stirrer claiming to be friends with world leaders are interesting

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #20327 on: June 01, 2020, 11:07:27 am »

Please do not spread corruption by telling pure innocent souls about keemstar
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20328 on: June 01, 2020, 11:40:57 am »

Right. We need healthy role models like Fedsmoker.

Edit: Also, more aggressive police patrolling in my neighborhood again. It's a sign someone's going to get beat or shot (last month it was an unarmed black guy again), and right now they're angry because someone photographed them shooting at peaceful protestors.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:49:06 am by Iduno »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20329 on: June 01, 2020, 11:54:35 am »

Right. We need healthy role models like Fedsmoker.

Edit: Also, more aggressive police patrolling in my neighborhood again. It's a sign someone's going to get beat or shot (last month it was an unarmed black guy again), and right now they're angry because someone photographed them shooting at peaceful protestors.
if they’re mad at people knowing they shot peaceful protesters, they should stop shooting peaceful protesters

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20330 on: June 01, 2020, 12:17:59 pm »

if they’re mad at people knowing they shot peaceful protesters, they should stop shooting peaceful protesters

That's not how police work. They're looking for targets today to make a point that if you take pictures of them breaking the law, they will kill people.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #20331 on: June 01, 2020, 07:13:06 pm »

I don’t want to go to sleep because whatever situation I wake up to will be worse than it is now. I’d rather the US didn’t become embroiled in violent civil conflict, but that might already have happened. There are far worse potential hegemonies, and they’re a lot closer to Europe than the US.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20332 on: June 01, 2020, 08:27:50 pm »

I don’t want to go to sleep because whatever situation I wake up to will be worse than it is now.

This... has been my experience for the past week, really.  :-\
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20333 on: June 02, 2020, 10:37:06 am »

No empire can last forever, I thought something would happen eventually, and now it’s happening. As an American, I’ve been thinking about what might happen in the event of a federal government collapse: Would the states become separate countries? Would there be new unions of states? My goal is to survive the stuff happening g right now and to hopefully just survive the conflicts/war that occur. Question, how would one stay neutral in the event of full civil war?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20334 on: June 02, 2020, 10:46:37 am »

No empire can last forever, I thought something would happen eventually, and now it’s happening. As an American, I’ve been thinking about what might happen in the event of a federal government collapse: Would the states become separate countries? Would there be new unions of states? My goal is to survive the stuff happening g right now and to hopefully just survive the conflicts/war that occur. Question, how would one stay neutral in the event of full civil war?
Two options I know of:
1. Run, run very fast at the other direction, to a more stable place.
2. Do a Switzerland and hide in your house, have multiple layers of defense and shoot anyone trying to get in from one of he sides, even then you will need the agreement from enough people that you stay neutral, so hope you don't live somewhere anyone would want for themselves.
Yeah, sadly the best way to not be involved is not being in the area.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20335 on: June 02, 2020, 10:47:40 am »

Presumably the bible belt states with shed the Northeast and West Coast states, and they'll start printing their own money. Freedom dollars or something. And will be best by hyper-inflation, since currently Red States are mostly beneficiaries of federal tax spending while California, New York etc are net payers to the federal coffers. New York becomes even richer since they don't need to contribute to federal taxes and subsidize red states anymore and becomes a powerful city-state ala Signapore.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:49:38 am by Reelya »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20336 on: June 02, 2020, 09:27:41 pm »

Have y'all read DMZ?   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20337 on: June 02, 2020, 09:35:55 pm »

That would be... interesting I think? Only if no bloodshed is needed. Stay strong you guys, I know what feels like, if anyone need urban survival advice or just confort Im here.

For now I would advice everyone of you to have a back pack of a practical size with some change of clothes, canned food and water and basic analgesics and antibiotics, one for every member of the family, all placed in the door in the event you need to get the fuck out not from civil war but from a nearby particular violent protest, massive looter gangs or whatever. But only as absolutely last resort and only if you really have a clear escape rute and the time to leave, you are far safer at home. NEVER run into a brawl or riot.

Lock the doors and check every point of entry and secure it the best you can or have the materials like furniture or planks or whatever around. The ones with iron bars and protectors on your windows are blessed under this situation (here those are standar at every home). If you have guns check them out and have the munitions ready and at hand. Secured and hidden if you have children.

In the event of tear gas comming into your housed use a handkerchief (is that th word) or any cloth soaked with vinager or even pee if you dont have it and cover your nose. Your eyes will hurt but youll be able to breathe. If a tear gas granade enter your house quickly put it unto a bucket of water but use some oven mittens or something similar because they can be dangerously hot, to the point  starting fires.

Identify wich is the room that's safer in the case of a shoot out and run there or better yet have all family sleep there a few days if you feel is needed. The best room would generaly be the one with more walls between you and the street were the shooting is happening. If you have stone or concrete walls those are safer.

Buy plenty of bottled water and no perishable food. Of preference things with plenty of fat, is not the more healthy but will provide you with a good calory counting and some protein. Also of help is a propane cilinder and a portable gas cooktop. A 18kg cilinder last three months of regular cooking for a family of 3 in my experience. Have matches, dont count on electricity or running water, plan acordingly.

God, guys, I really dont wish any of you to have to pass any of that crap, my eyes are actually watered as I write this. Please stay safe.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 10:05:15 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20338 on: June 10, 2020, 05:48:04 pm »

I had yet another fucked up nightmare and woke up screaming.

I'm beginning to write down the basic plot in order to try to turn these into short horror stories sometime
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20339 on: June 11, 2020, 12:56:44 am »

Presumably the bible belt states with shed the Northeast and West Coast states, and they'll start printing their own money. Freedom dollars or something. And will be best by hyper-inflation, since currently Red States are mostly beneficiaries of federal tax spending while California, New York etc are net payers to the federal coffers. New York becomes even richer since they don't need to contribute to federal taxes and subsidize red states anymore and becomes a powerful city-state ala Signapore.

You know, I've heard this a lot, but lately I've wondered if it's calculated by the same crooked means as the way Stockholmer's calculates things yo make it seem like they are subsidising the rest of the country instead of it being the other way around.

I don't have time to make a post on it now cause I gotta run to work, but suffice to say it's about how tax money is collected communally versus statily, and how Sweden's biggest money maker are our natural resources (of which not a single one is found in Stockholm). If it's still on topic I might write something less upsummed tonight.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 1354 1355 [1356] 1357 1358 ... 1419