Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1784011 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20550 on: November 19, 2020, 05:05:36 pm »

Then is either the Spirit of San Louis or the Wrigth brothers plane. You choice gentlemen.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20551 on: November 19, 2020, 05:35:37 pm »

What would we even do with a plane? Especially an old one? Especially if none of us knows how to fly it?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20552 on: November 19, 2020, 05:48:07 pm »

What would we even do with a plane? Especially an old one? Especially if none of us knows how to fly it?

If I can't steal a plane of us historic significance, how else will I live my dreams of being a Carmin Sandiego villian.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20553 on: November 20, 2020, 04:19:58 am »

We could ransom it, also we don't need to fly it if we shove it in the back of a truck.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20554 on: November 25, 2020, 03:54:48 am »

I was doing private things of an explicitly sexual nature in my dorm room, and someone tried to enter my room without knocking. I know parents do that, but I never thought strangers would do it too. Strong contender for Scariest Moment of 2020 right there. Holy shit.

He didn't manage to see much, though. The moment I noticed, I shouted "Knock first! Damn!", and I think I spooked the shit out of the... inspection team that he was a part of. Dude thought my room was empty or something. This is a lesson for us all: always lock your fucking doors even if you think no-one will catch you doing these "things".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20555 on: November 25, 2020, 04:03:32 am »

Bad news, you're now the official dorm fapper.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20556 on: November 25, 2020, 04:10:02 am »

Yeah, I suppose. I expect to hear about it in the next week, I guess. I've never seen those people on campus (I think it's an external inspection team), so I'm hoping that nothing happens. Maybe just rumors of "I caught a student fapping", but hopefully nothing traceable back to me specifically.

Also, "the"? You think other boys (like I totally am) don't fap too?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20557 on: November 25, 2020, 04:15:48 am »

No, but the one who is caught sticks with the nickname. They might make a song too, as we did for the Fapper in our dorm ("<Name> please close the blinds" was the title)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #20558 on: November 25, 2020, 04:20:55 am »

Okay, so maybe I might be bestowed the title of "fapper" soon, but what dumbass doesn't close the blinds? That's an even higher dumbass level than not locking your door(s). How?! Everyone can see you!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20559 on: November 25, 2020, 04:27:13 am »

Does that mean you get the title of Fap Master?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20560 on: November 25, 2020, 05:24:17 am »

Okay, so maybe I might be bestowed the title of "fapper" soon, but what dumbass doesn't close the blinds? That's an even higher dumbass level than not locking your door(s). How?! Everyone can see you!
My perception of him was that he was an ass. We didnt get along.

My opinion has shifted over the years for several reasons: this was a highly reputable program in a highly reputable university. I don't think anyone there *was* a moron.( I think many of us were stupidly immature). And I recall by the end (before he was kicked out, years after we began) he was far more insightful than I expected.

Honestly over the years I've come to regard med school as a high stress, toxic environment, with high attrition. I think suicide numbers are quite impressive overall. No idea about that but the number of people who dropped out was impressive.

Not lowering the blinds was a very dumb move, particularily in a room facing the inner xourtyard tho.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20561 on: November 25, 2020, 07:18:06 pm »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/11/25/covid-19-denmark-mink-rising-from-the-dead/6426378002/

Mink infected with a mutated strain of COVID-19 in Denmark appear to be rising from the dead, igniting a national frenzy and calls from local officials to cremate mink carcasses.

While the sight itself is certainly terrifying for the residents of West Jutland, a region of the country grappling with confirmed COVID-19 cases connected to mink, there is likely a scientific explanation for the zombie-like reemergence from their graves.

A Danish police spokesman, Thomas Kristensen, told a state broadcaster that gases form while the body decays underground, according to the Guardian.

“In this way, in the worst cases, the mink get pushed out of the ground,” Kristensen said of the nightmarish sight.

There are many 'zombie' animals.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20562 on: November 25, 2020, 07:56:43 pm »

Delete
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20564 on: November 26, 2020, 02:16:47 am »

Deeetl

Pages: 1 ... 1369 1370 [1371] 1372 1373 ... 1419