Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783370 times)

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20610 on: December 16, 2020, 04:33:50 pm »

No other symptoms other than what I have all the time. So i doubt it at this time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20611 on: December 16, 2020, 04:41:09 pm »

If it's 'rona can I keep your PC?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20612 on: December 16, 2020, 09:03:58 pm »

Internally debating staying over at my mom's place over Christmas. I can keep her company and save some money on Christmas food.

Problem 1: It's a 2-hour-long poor man's bus ride. It will probably be cramped because it's the holidays.

Problem 2: Mom works at a retirement home. They've already had a batch with the regular flu.

Problem 3: Both of us are probably in the risk group.

Problem 4: She lives in the province with the highest infection spread in the country.

I haven't seen her or anyone else in the family in almost a year because of the pandemic. Should probably just spend the goddamn money on a WiFi router. At least then I can use my phone to video chat, rather than chance death or long-term damage.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20613 on: December 17, 2020, 07:30:01 am »

If it's 'rona can I keep your PC?

That doesn't sound very.... correct.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #20614 on: December 17, 2020, 07:56:09 am »

I have a plan: I'll keep it in a box for 2 weeks before using it
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20615 on: December 17, 2020, 08:14:11 am »

Is shonus pc that rad?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20616 on: December 17, 2020, 06:12:41 pm »

It is the alpha and omega of PCs. Whoever owns it is granted supreme wisdom.

Fortunately I'm up to 97 degrees internal temperature and the fatigue's gone away, so I'm probably fine now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20617 on: December 17, 2020, 07:26:51 pm »

Hooray :D
My rib pain is substantially better now!  It's still quite annoying but it's no longer "involuntary whine" levels when I shift.  Mostly just ache.  I'm taking that as a very good sign!

...Just in time to visit my dad tomorrow.  We're taking a ton of precautions, it's just 5 people socially distancing around a fire bowl, and my mask is staying on but still...  Yikes.  And they're going to be serving party food, too.

But considering how much this isolation has really screwed with my head over the past month, I do see where they're coming from.  Just got to be careful -
"Whaat, you're going to serve the minor cider?  WHY??  And NO, our vegan cousin doesn't eat cheese or sour cream, have you lost as near more braincell as me!?" - things I was thinking about while I couldn't get a word in edgewise over the phone.  Probably for the best, heh.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20618 on: December 19, 2020, 01:27:39 pm »

VEGANS.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20619 on: December 19, 2020, 01:31:03 pm »

VEGANS.
Say no more, I'll fetch the famethrower made of meat and dairy.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20620 on: December 19, 2020, 01:40:37 pm »

It went very well, I was just (understandably) anxious and I feel great today :)
(There was plenty of olives, guacamole, hummus and chips :P)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20621 on: December 19, 2020, 01:42:31 pm »

Happy to hear that!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20622 on: December 21, 2020, 12:24:32 pm »

Microsoft announced that it, too, has become victim of the huge Russian hack.
Microsoft, too, uses SolarWinds networksoftware.
https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2020/12/17/cyberattacks-cybersecurity-solarwinds-fireeye/

The final weeks of a challenging year have proven even more difficult with the recent exposure of the world’s latest serious nation-state cyberattack. This latest cyber-assault is effectively an attack on the United States and its government and other critical institutions, including security firms. It illuminates the ways the cybersecurity landscape continues to evolve and become even more dangerous. As much as anything, this attack provides a moment of reckoning. It requires that we look with clear eyes at the growing threats we face and commit to more effective and collaborative leadership by the government and the tech sector in the United States to spearhead a strong and coordinated global cybersecurity response.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:37:17 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20623 on: December 21, 2020, 12:31:17 pm »

So... what is safe to use these days? The NES operative system? Or did the hackers went back in time and retroatively hacked nintendo too.

For fucks sake, the world is in the hands of a bunch of iditoic assholes. Cant wait for our robotic overlords to take over.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20624 on: December 21, 2020, 10:42:18 pm »

Until the robotic overlords are hacked.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 1373 1374 [1375] 1376 1377 ... 1419