Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1775949 times)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20700 on: February 11, 2021, 02:34:13 pm »

If is any consolation you can't lose us to your drinking.

Unless they sufficiently upset the Toad.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20701 on: February 11, 2021, 03:13:39 pm »

You can probably find an LGBT-oriented AA. There are some in my area. Yes, AA is imperfect, but it kept my bipolar friend on the wagon for 20 years and that's good enough for me.

A lot of mental health care places offer sliding scales and reasonable prices. With everything on Zoom, you don't even need to restrict yourself to your area if it's hard to find therapists sensitive to gender things.

I'm not here to get sour at you, but I've known numerous people with, shall we say, an alcohol situation, and it's become pretty clear to me that you need to drink less.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20702 on: February 11, 2021, 03:22:33 pm »

I really do, and you're not seeing but a tenth of it.  I think because I'm a "nice" drunk people usually don't want to tell me I have a problem, but I really really do.

It's kinda a relief to hear anyone else come out and say it, so thank you.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20703 on: February 11, 2021, 04:12:13 pm »

I can't see what gender has to do with a flat tire (don't have to explain to us either), but if any situation stress you so much do please seek for help, and remember you are an awesome person Rolan.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20704 on: February 11, 2021, 05:14:56 pm »

Oh uh nothing, it was just rough being stranded with my dad in a stressful situation.  We get along okay... nowadays... but it triggered some anxiety.  I got really drunk the day before the visit, but getting drunk the night after wasn't part of the plan.

I mean, he still deliberately misgenders me, but most of the gender feelings I've been struggling with lately have little to do with him directly.  More like a general lack of self care due to getting drunk all the time.

So uh... at least it's pretty clear what I need to do (stop doing) to make things a bit better.  I'm trying to be inspired by a particular trans youtuber who's apparently three months sober now, and obviously so much happier.  ...I'm sure the therapy, hormones, and loving relationship helped, but it's kinda heartbreaking hearing her talk about how much alcohol was holding her back.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20705 on: February 11, 2021, 06:00:23 pm »

Yeah, the reason why I ended up on team "alcohol: we don't do it" was because I'm dispositionally strongly inclined to depression and my hangovers are even more depression-flavored. I drink occasionally (=small amounts maybe twice a year) and otherwise it's on the Long Long List of Self-Harm that I try (but don't always succeed) to avoid.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20706 on: February 11, 2021, 06:23:26 pm »

I quited drinking many moons agoo out of boredoom and getting tired of the hangovers. Once I was knocked unconscious for well over a day and then hung over for more that bearable. At the age of 18-21 I was done with drinking and smoking.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 06:20:51 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20707 on: February 12, 2021, 03:51:32 am »

I really do, and you're not seeing but a tenth of it.  I think because I'm a "nice" drunk people usually don't want to tell me I have a problem, but I really really do.

It's kinda a relief to hear anyone else come out and say it, so thank you.

Yeah, I haven't said it before because I don't really have any good advice and I don't feel like I know you enough to tell you what to do but in case you need someone else to say it, you should stop drinking so much.

My, what a word salad. I really don't know how to do this, do I?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20708 on: February 12, 2021, 07:12:51 am »

I used to have a drink every night, and get blitzed on weekends. My father was also an alcoholic, and I still get a strong urge to drink when stressed or anxious. I quit drinking for about a year before, and now only drink when I'm in a good mood (most of the time...) Basically only beer as well. I think the most successful strategy I used was to replace sad-drinking with exercise. Grumbling about some dickhead at work while putting on your sneakers to run is actually pretty cathartic.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20709 on: February 12, 2021, 11:03:53 am »

I worked in pubs and bars for over 15 years. The first thing I did when starting to work in the sector, is adopt a 'never drink at home' lifestyle, to prevent catching the 'waiter's disease' (alcoholism). I kept that up for well over 10 years after no longer working in bars and pubs. I even didn't drink a single drop of alcohol for 7 years.

Nowadays I do regularily treat myself to one or two special beers at home. Not every day though, and rarely more than 2.

I used to binge drink in weekends when going out to the pubs. Lockdown ended that.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20710 on: February 12, 2021, 12:18:07 pm »

Back when I used to have a living wage Polar black beer was never missed on my fridge. A box of 32 beers was bought every couple of months and usually a batch was keep cool. Every Friday, in specially hot days or receiving a visit, a couple of beers were in order. Now I seldom drink. We I do is only for pleasure in the taste, not getting hammered. I recall last time I drink was a whole bottle of rum, did not got drunk.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20711 on: February 12, 2021, 12:32:27 pm »

I have mosquitoes to thank for my abrupt and sudden total dryness. Once you drink they smell you good; then they drink you good and get little mossy hangovers. Couldn't stand it so I gave up drinking and by the time I left mosquitoland I just couldn't be asked to get back into the habit of drinking. It helps that I stopped working at bars and hanging out with social drinkers too

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20712 on: February 12, 2021, 01:34:55 pm »

Okay drunk mosquitos sound cute though. And might be suitable revenge if the alcohol in your blood is strong enough to poison their offspring...

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20713 on: February 12, 2021, 06:20:56 pm »

I gave up drinking when after one particular evening, which resulted in me waking up over 200 miles away from where I started. Said drunk adventure involved the police, multiple mystery train journeys, and some rough sleeping. Never again, said I.
This is a blank sig.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20714 on: February 13, 2021, 11:21:52 pm »

I am apparently not good with the Deep Sea.

Pages: 1 ... 1379 1380 [1381] 1382 1383 ... 1419