Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1783246 times)

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20970 on: October 25, 2021, 01:33:30 pm »

It is terrifying. The nazis are forming militia again in Germany.

This seems to have been a trend for quite some time among militant neonazi groups in Europe, unfortunately (not to forget that they're quite well connected with each other, too).

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #20971 on: October 26, 2021, 08:33:08 am »

The neofacsist militias in Europe don't worry nearly as much as the neofacsist political parties having tiny but extant representation in the legislatures of multiple European countries.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20972 on: October 26, 2021, 09:39:41 am »

I sadly have to agree. We live in troubled times, where we have to worry more about mainstream populist nazis than we have to worry about underground armed nazis.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20973 on: October 26, 2021, 09:50:24 am »

There was "gladio" and similar mk ultra level confirmed conspiracies, stashing weapons all over westeurope, predestined to the same kind of scary militias. I'm not convinced there is a big differnce between mainstream populists and underground armed militias. Those stashes were all legit military equip.
let

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #20974 on: October 26, 2021, 11:28:55 am »

Oh, they're definitely connected. Some mainstream fascists don't even hide their connections *cough Golden Dawn cough*.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20975 on: October 26, 2021, 12:20:46 pm »

Most times the militias are just the militant arms of the mainstream political fascists anyways

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20976 on: October 26, 2021, 02:09:04 pm »

Brown shirts much?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20977 on: December 06, 2021, 01:23:16 pm »

I went to the doctor because of neurological issues with my wrist, elbow, shoulder area.
Got sent to the neurologist.
This week I can come back for an EMG and echo, to check for ulnaropathy (nervus ulnaris = the nerve running through your elbow).

Next week they want me under a CT scan to make sure it's not lung cancer pressing on my nerve under my armpit  :o
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 01:24:52 pm by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20978 on: December 06, 2021, 01:45:38 pm »

Wow... scary stuff really. Hope everything goes fine pal. Keep us posted.

Edit: one of my brothers in law is missing since earlier today. Never a good thing here.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2021, 08:14:06 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20979 on: December 22, 2021, 08:29:59 am »

Well, after having had an EMG, echo, and CT-scan, today I had my appointment to look at the results.

The good news: My lungs are clean

The neutral news: My nervus ulnaris is thickened, I need to try and strain my arm as little as possible for 2 months and then see if it improves.

The slightly worrisome news: The CT showed my left-side adrenal gland to be slightly enlarged. I need to make an appointment with my GP to let her decide whether to send me to an endocrinologist.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20980 on: December 25, 2021, 11:30:32 am »

ugh the walk didn't even calm my down, I'm still too emotional to immerse myself into a grindy game and forget about myself... my social batteries aren't just empty they're overheating and on their way to start a fire
« Last Edit: December 25, 2021, 01:05:17 pm by dragdeler »
let

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20981 on: January 08, 2022, 06:34:52 am »

GP is sending me to endocrinology, because they looked at my CT and find my adrenal gland deviant enough to warrant a closer look.
Slightly positive is that my GP said that they do not think it is cancer.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20982 on: January 08, 2022, 07:26:08 am »

Holly shit dude, keep us posted.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20983 on: January 08, 2022, 07:54:47 am »

I'd do an adrenochrome joke if I didn't take issue with how utterly uneblievable the human sourcing has allways been (allready in fear & loathing nevermind qanon)
let

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20984 on: January 09, 2022, 08:51:43 pm »

Hoping for the best, martinuzz.
Pages: 1 ... 1397 1398 [1399] 1400 1401 ... 1419