Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1419

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1781895 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5460 on: October 09, 2013, 03:49:35 pm »

Now you need to change your Personal Text to "Apparantly Obama now, just as confused as you".
Done.

thanks o'sirus
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #5461 on: October 09, 2013, 04:47:33 pm »

Every time I read O'Sirus, I keep thinking of them as a Gaelic Egyptian god.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:52:01 pm by Itnetlolor »

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: October 09, 2013, 04:48:45 pm »

Now you need to change your Personal Text to "Apparantly Obama now, just as confused as you".
Done.

thanks o'sirus
Thanks O'Obama. 
WTF happened when I was gone?  Wait, don't answer that.  I don't want to know.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: October 09, 2013, 05:16:31 pm »

Yeah, but nobody has a yeah-to-post ratio as bad as mine.

To be brutally honest, there's people on this board that make very long wordy posts with... Next to no actual content or meaning after they've been read. I think something that's empty on it's face is less infuriating than that.
Heh, I just meant that I have a tendency to start too many posts with the same sort of meaningless agreeableness, even when I have something meaningful to say. On the other note yeah I know exactly what you mean, but it's hardly peculiar either to B12 or to online communications. I don't avoid most conversations because I'm antisocial, but because the vast majority of them are utterly banal.

That aside, I don't really like the lambasting of people for "shitposting", not least because of how it tends to be both hypocritical and rather arrogant. Eh, maybe there's just a point to be reached where you accept, for better or for worse, that a good deal of interaction (including your own) is pointless echoing and social upkeep. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: October 09, 2013, 06:14:04 pm »

I think I just made my computer scream in terror. I did something that might not be considered the wisest use of memory. I run the program, thinking I had fixed a bug, and soon the program grinds to a halt, my music stops for a second, and then this shriek comes out of my headphones, which soon stops. My computer was completely unresponsive for a minute, only occasionally letting out snippets of the music. Then the program closed by itself and everything went back to normal.

Im fairly sure I know what happened, but it still freaked me out. Haven't really been shouted at by my computer before. Will inform you if the computer tries to kill me in my sleep later.

You're unwittingly a WH40K tech priest, who just activated a feedback screech.  I once took out about a dozen people with one use of that ability.  Be careful.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: October 10, 2013, 03:44:30 pm »

To be brutally honest, there's people on this board that make very long wordy posts with... Next to no actual content or meaning after they've been read. I think something that's empty on it's face is less infuriating than that.
Heh, I just meant that I have a tendency to start too many posts with the same sort of meaningless agreeableness, even when I have something meaningful to say. On the other note yeah I know exactly what you mean, but it's hardly peculiar either to B12 or to online communications. I don't avoid most conversations because I'm antisocial, but because the vast majority of them are utterly banal.

That aside, I don't really like the lambasting of people for "shitposting", not least because of how it tends to be both hypocritical and rather arrogant. Eh, maybe there's just a point to be reached where you accept, for better or for worse, that a good deal of interaction (including your own) is pointless echoing and social upkeep. :|
* kaijyuu nods in agreement

I at least try to have content to my posts, even if the "content" in question is dumb jokes or the like. Being concise is nice. How successful I am at that, I can't say for sure.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: October 10, 2013, 04:54:19 pm »

The problem with online communications like forums is that there's no place for a listener in a conversation. Simply reading is not interaction enough, so rather often that obligates folks to say something without substance.

I think I've become embittered by the inefficacy of my attempts to interact with the forums.
This, but also the general fact that you never know whether you actually get read.

I do indulge in "yeah", although I often do the other thing and write long posts no one reads. That's why I've started posting news, to simply let stuff talk in my place.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: October 10, 2013, 05:03:19 pm »

The problem with online communications like forums is that there's no place for a listener in a conversation. Simply reading is not interaction enough, so rather often that obligates folks to say something without substance.

I think I've become embittered by the inefficacy of my attempts to interact with the forums.
I'm perfectly fine with not being involved in the conversation. There's several threads that I don't post in, unless I have actual content or am providing a counterpoint  (like this).
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: October 10, 2013, 06:04:28 pm »

I'm perfectly fine with not being involved in the conversation. There's several threads that I don't post in, unless I have actual content or am providing a counterpoint  (like this).

Yeah.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: October 10, 2013, 06:59:14 pm »

I'm suddenly recalling that big burly guy from Trading Places who does nothing but punctuate his companion's comments with "Yeah".
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: October 12, 2013, 01:04:18 pm »

Got home with my new copy of Pokemon X, and realized that I still had my 3DS on, and was playing rune factory 3 on it.

So I spend 5 minutes finishing what I was doing, and turn it off, and pull open the box for X

And then nearly had a heart attack because it was empty.

Thankfully it turned out that I had already removed the cartridge from the box and just forgot because I put it underneath my 3DS for some reason
It's FEF, not FEOF

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: October 12, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »

Got home with my new copy of Pokemon X, and realized that I still had my 3DS on, and was playing rune factory 3 on it.

So I spend 5 minutes finishing what I was doing, and turn it off, and pull open the box for X

Thankfully it turned out that I had already removed the cartridge from the box and just forgot because I put it underneath my 3DS for some reason
We all know that feel.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: October 12, 2013, 02:10:01 pm »

We all know that feel.

Things.  Why must they be so easy to lose?
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: October 12, 2013, 10:05:10 pm »

We all know that feel.

Things.  Why must they be so easy to lose?
Because if they weren't, there would be less stuff to post about in the terrified thread.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1419